Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
I run the SS for the watch thread in YLLS, and I think it would be nice to be involved in a SS that I don't organise! I'll email now.

How do we check our victim's tastes? Their posting history?

Edit - if it's any help at all, here's the start of my fiction, and some of the non-fiction from the other end of the bookshelves.

Teach fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Nov 8, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
If I get you I'm going to send you poetry with a note that says, "You've just not read the right poetry!"

Bad Santa.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
And yet you use poetry yourself. Curious.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
Don't leave us hanging! What-cha get?

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

The Grey posted:

Of course what did I get? I expect nothing less from Something Awful!

Ha, glad your Santa fessed up, otherwise, I would have had to deny it! My gift was posted 9 days ago - frantically F5'ing the page...

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
I must apologise to my SS - I've been sitting on their gift for a couple of weeks! (I had a pile of packages in my office that had been arriving over the weeks - gifts from a friend who was coming for Christmas. Well, she arrived yesterday, and this morning, sorting out the packages, one was not from her. No note, no card, and I'm ashamed to say it took me a few minutes to realise that it must be from my SS!)

Two beautiful books, two dead-centre hits! Thank you so much!

The Eco I've never read! And it'll fit on my bookshelf here - thank you.

Merry Christmas!

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

Teach posted:

I must apologise to my SS - I've been sitting on their gift for a couple of weeks! (I had a pile of packages in my office that had been arriving over the weeks - gifts from a friend who was coming for Christmas. Well, she arrived yesterday, and this morning, sorting out the packages, one was not from her. No note, no card, and I'm ashamed to say it took me a few minutes to realise that it must be from my SS!)

Two beautiful books, two dead-centre hits! Thank you so much!

OK, a slight (but positive) complication.

The books I posted above were addressed to me, and I thought that they came from my SS.

This afternoon, another book arrived - heavy and lovely collected letters. This one was from Waterstones, the bookshop, not Amazon (as the first two were). But this one was addressed to (my name) Teach. So this is my SS, yes?

So thank you to my Santa, whether they sent me one, or three! I'm a happy goon !

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
Thank you for owning up, and for the wonderful gifts! I really appreciate it!

(If you included a return address I'll drop you a thank you in the post, too!)

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
I've been sweating on this one for ages! (I only hope that your first package arrives soon, too!)

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
Well, I'm pleased that the package finally got to you - what are you going to do with the second copy of Inverting The Pyramid? :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

Rid posted:

(Probably give it to my buddy, so we'll be slightly more knowledgeable when we are yelling at/about Jizz Horncamp)

Perfect! Good.