Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
okay i will sign up.

i don't know what i like, really; i'm just sort of a dilettante. poetry and prose that has either significant art or skill behind it? i made a goodreads as a pandemic activity so it has a couple years of stuff on it so maybe that will be helpful https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/97476763-birdbassador

Tree Goat fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Nov 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
sent mine out on friday, was allegedly delivered by now

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
a package with my name on it arrived today, i will wait to open it until next week, but it did in fact arrive safe and sound

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
I gave up on waiting and opened mine in advance of both a week off of work and an ice storm that will either do nothing or give me plenty of reading time over the next several days.

It contained (all individually wrapped, even!):
Fourth Mansions by R.A. Lafferty
The Emperor by Ryszard Kapuśiński
The Dramatic Symphony by Andrei Biely (aka Andrei Bely aka Boris Bugaev)
A Terry's chocolate orange
A bag of candied ginger which I learned recently you can muddle in cocktails in addition to my childhood strategy of just eating them straight out of the bag.
A festive holiday card

All are appreciated, thank you Santa.

I am excited to read the books, none of which I have read before, even though, given my conflicted occasional apologia for Illuminatus! trilogy, you'd think I would have gotten to the Lafferty by now. But I have not!

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
glad you received it intact, hope you enjoy.

i had forgotten that i wrote an essay. that probably bodes ill.