Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth
Sure why not. I have a reduced budget so I can't promise a huge haul of BOOK but I will do my best to contribute something neat!

As for me, I'd make the same request as last year: Weiiiiiird poo poo

For reference/inspiration, my goodreads

Gertrude Perkins fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Nov 6, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Sham bam bamina! posted:

:siren: The mysterious benefactor from last year has returned. Five books will be sent to those who claim them first, within the USA. :siren:

Oops yeah I'd like to claim this if I may!!

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

I will be out of town familying for the holidays so will not be able to collect anything that gets sent to me until the new year, so expect a delayed post from me.

You know what isn't delayed, though? The package to my santee, which I have posted today!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Opopanax posted:

I caved and treated myself to a TBB birthday pack. Gert, you nailed it

Outstanding work all around :santahurr:

Happy Xmas! I hope you enjoy the weird stuff I found for you. Also, the chicken and tardigrate are stickers, not just prints!

Also, my TBBSS package has ARRIVED...but I won't be able to pick it up until the new year! Looking forward to it!!

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

I have finally been able to pick up my post, and GOODNESS look at the lovely things I received...!

First off, a delicious haul from Tree Goat!

Thank you so much! These all look really freakin' neato, and I'll be reading that short essay you wrote to prime me for getting stuck in.

But wait! That's not all...an extra-secret surprise from :iiam:

Whoa, this looks fancy! But wait...

But WAIT...

Holy poo poo, thank you??!

And the very classy card:

And a secret coooooode? Book Zodiac is still at large...

Thank you both for the gifts, and thank you to everyone else who's participated in the thread - it puts a huge smile on my face to see folks giving and receiving such cool things. :frogbon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

I don't know if the etiquette is to post about it here or not, but here's a code that was pasted in the back of my fancy Jonathan Daniels book:

WS 287-14-9-2
AE 7-7-5-1
WS 108-16-6-5
EH 79-20-4-1
RS 5-4-9-1
LW 646-5-5
EH 128-12-7-6
JD ix-15-3-1

So I'm guessing the letters refer to author names, and thus correspond to each of our bonus books. And then these are page numbers, and...words on those pages?

So for mine it would be (from page ix) - there - back - as. Or if they're first words of lines, then it's any - conflict - as.

Or I'm barking completely up the wrong tree.

I also notice that each secret letter is signed with different initials. Hopefully we lucky recipients can put our heads together to figure this one out!