Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
Signing up. Email sent.

My request is something non-scifi.

Here's all the books i've read over the last couple years. I'm really looking to break out of my comfort zone.

Pandoras Star
Judas Unchained
The Risen Empire
House of Suns
The Quantum Magician
Use of Weapons
Player of Games
All systems red
artifical condition
rogue protocol
exit strategy
When Gravity Fails
Spin State
Spin Control
Ninefox Gambit
Raven Strategem
A Memory Called Empire
The Human Factor
Network Effect
The Collapsing Empire
The Consuming Fire
The last emperox
Great North Road
Blindsight
Echopraxia
Caliban's War (The Expanse (2))
abbadons gate
Cibola Burn
nemesis games
babylon's ashes
Scum and Villany
The Spire
The Instant hypnosis and rapid induction handbook
Unsong
Ignition
Normal Accidents
A Desolation Called Peace
The Girl With All The Gifts
Network Effect
the light brigade
prefect
Elysium Fire
Three Assassins

TheCog fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Dec 4, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

Sham bam bamina! posted:

[*]Send an email to sabookbarnsecretsanta@gmail.com with your SA handle in the subject line, providing your mailing address and specifying whether you can mail your package within your country, to a nearby country, or worldwide. I will respond with a confirmation when I see it; if you don't get one, let me know that I've missed your message.

I haven't gotten a confirmation yet, and wanted to make sure I didn't get caught in a spam filter or something.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

Sleighs AWAY!

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

Whoever my Santa is, I am visiting family and won't be in a position to really check my packages till next Monday. So updates then assuming things have arrived!

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

Teach posted:

I must apologise to my SS - I've been sitting on their gift for a couple of weeks! (I had a pile of packages in my office that had been arriving over the weeks - gifts from a friend who was coming for Christmas. Well, she arrived yesterday, and this morning, sorting out the packages, one was not from her. No note, no card, and I'm ashamed to say it took me a few minutes to realise that it must be from my SS!)

Two beautiful books, two dead-centre hits! Thank you so much!

The Eco I've never read! And it'll fit on my bookshelf here - thank you.

Merry Christmas!

Teach posted:

OK, a slight (but positive) complication.

The books I posted above were addressed to me, and I thought that they came from my SS.

This afternoon, another book arrived - heavy and lovely collected letters. This one was from Waterstones, the bookshop, not Amazon (as the first two were). But this one was addressed to (my name) Teach. So this is my SS, yes?

So thank you to my Santa, whether they sent me one, or three! I'm a happy goon !

All three of these were me, and I ordered all three through Waterstones, so I have no idea why some arrived via Amazon. I'm just glad they all made it. I also snail-mailed a note, but who knows when/if that will arrive.

The Name of the Rose is one of my favorite books, so I hope you'll find it an enjoyable read. The Wasteland one was a recommendation from a friend who's big into poetry, so I hope it hits the mark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

A box arrived while I was away at my parents!

A *mystery* box I wasn't expecting. From one Dr. Activisionary.

Inside... two books

They look promising:

I'm very excited to get into these, I have a huge soft spot for graphic novels, and its the type of thing I'd see, and covet, and never buy for myself.

Thank you Dr. Activisionary!