Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
I’m in. Based on the east coast.

I’ll post what I read this year and my opinions later on to give my Santa some guidelines.

Also claiming one of the MYSTERY gifts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Mr. Nemo posted:

I’m in. Based on the east coast.

I’ll post what I read this year and my opinions later on to give my Santa some guidelines.

Also claiming one of the MYSTERY gifts.

Adding more background on myself.

I'm a big sci-fi reader, mostly the classic stuff. I really like post apoc stuff. I haven't read Wind up girl or the Atwood one.

This year I went on a huge King binge, i'd only read IT and Stand previously, and found him very engaging. I've been reading chronologically, next up should be Christine.

Lately I've been enjoying a lot of non-fiction. I read David Simon's book, the wire is my favorite show, and Homicide blew my mind. Also some business books for school but that's boring.

My not comprehensive good reads

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/67976188-mr-nemo?ref=nav_mybooks&shelf=read&view=covers

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Rid posted:

I love me some metafiction, 'interactive' fictions (e.g., game books, 'puzzle' books), and fictions created via non-traditional methods (e.g., shuffle literature, AI-written fiction, etc). So, something like that would be great.

Disclaimer: not your santa

But could you specify what you've read already? Or link to good reads? So you don't end up with S and that book about cancer and sports that's made out of loose pages if you've read them already.

Also I like that too so I could use the recs.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I have received books. I'll post about them. Eventually. Sorry, finals week.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I got another book?!

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Chip McFuck posted:

A package arrived today! Opened it because I'm impatient:

:monocle: Wow!

Inside were two collected volumes of Lynd Ward's woodcut novels and this really cool 3D card. Thank you so much, Sham, I can't wait to dive into these!

Chip, open the card. Isn't there a secret code on the back? With some cryptic hint in the text as to how to decode it.

I'll post mine later.

There's a mystery afoot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

Hello!

Happy orthodox christmas everyone! Sorry for being the trouble participant this year! My Santee should have 2 books in his/her house by now with more to come.

I have no excuse, but I do have some photos.

I received books and a secret message:

God, what a challenge, I'll try to be up to it this year.

I've read dying earth and wasn't blown away, I should give Vance a second chance. Thanks!

I LOVE this book! So yeah, I've already read it. But when I tried to read it i couldn't find it physically so i had to resort to less than ethical means! Amazing gift, I still can't find a hardcover copy in amazon.

And this one I assume because of what I mentioned about Homicide by David Simon. Looks like it could be very interesting, thanks again!

The messages:

This one may have been cut short by Amazon? TS Spivet is a very fun book that ABSOLUTELY shits the bed, the story does NOT resolve well secret santa.

And what i particularly feel guilty about, delaying the resolution of the secret code:

Once again sorry everyone, specially my Santee (more gifts soon!) and the organizer