Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

nullscan posted:

Nothing here, but I'm sure it's more on the fantastical APO system than being grinched.

I swear it’s on the way! It left Chicago last week and is probably still sailing / flying or sitting in customs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Pretty sure we're using carrier pigeons at this point for APO, but I'll keep an eye out!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Barcley expected delivery 11th in the afternoon

I'll pm you the tracking number

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

nullscan posted:

Pretty sure we're using carrier pigeons at this point for APO, but I'll keep an eye out!

I was pretty sick the end of December and then the post office was vandalized and they had no customs forms so it’s been a wild ride and it didn’t go out until late :(

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
Nullscan - tracking says it’s available for pickup!

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

Hell Yes if we get 100% super Satan this will be a good year!

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Sarah posted:

Nullscan - tracking says it’s available for pickup!

I know! I was super excited to go pick it up but my water heater exploded (well, it's an on demand so it wasn't exciting)! I'll go grab it tomorrow, thanks!

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Woooooo! Got the "Best of Ohio" Box!

My wife who lived in Ohio (who also hates it, as well as most of the expats I've met here do) had to explain the buckeyes to me, but I definitely am vibing on the Hitler and Rockets coffee mugs! Also the Air Force Museum shot glass got APOed despite awesome packaging, but it'll still look good on display!

Thanks Sarah Satan! Gonna go eat some moon cheese now.

Barcley
Jan 26, 2004

---

Soiled Meat
Satan sent me a sweet picture of a rad dog!

Thanks Comrade Blyatlov! Pet Luca from me!

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Oh man, that came out great! I've never had a metal print done before but that's gorgeous.

Enjoy!

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Soul Dentist posted:

Thank you so much! What an awesome thing to come home to.

:cheers:

Soooo... in addition to the boxes that I mailed out myself, I had one other small thing that I ordered online and had shipped directly to you.

To save time, I thought to myself foolishly.

Welp.

How it started:

ETA 22 December

How it's going:

Updated ETA 06 January

Uh

UHHHHH

So the new ETA is now 13 January to 13 February. Maybe.

You already got the good stuff, and I stubbornly refuse to cancel this order, which was sold as being in stock, and was very clearly not actually in stock at all. Satan will visit you sooner or later.

Edit: LUCAAAAAA

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Monkey wash, there’s an Amazon box headed your way and a more personal box leaving this weekend, with apologies for the delay.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Arc Light posted:

Soooo... in addition ... the new ETA is now 13 January to 13 February. Maybe.

Hahaha I just remembered you said there was a stopgap Amazon package. You totally killed it and it's genuinely hilarious that this helps keep Secret Satan on the loose

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Barcley posted:

Satan sent me a sweet picture of a rad dog!

Yooooooooooo

:stare:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Yooooooooooo

:stare:

You Germans don't make the best of everything, but when it comes to dogs you can't be beat

MonkeyWash
Jan 14, 2005
Donkey Rinse

FrozenVent posted:

Monkey wash, there’s an Amazon box headed your way and a more personal box leaving this weekend, with apologies for the delay.

You are awesome! I will keep an eye out.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Hey does anyone here speak Finnish?

These look dangerous

This looks...intense

History of Finland: Sauna, cold water, liquor, funny comic strip viperless milk, then 50 years of killing Russian scum

This looks crazily awesome Ataxerxes, thanks so much! Per your advice, I will try the licorice in vodka

Tiny
Oct 26, 2003
My leg hurts....

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Holy gently caress. Tiny sent you a Flipper Zero? Those things are all the rage with the pen testing/red teaming crowd. All of that other stuff is also super fun but remember don’t pick locks that you rely on and/or that you don’t have permission to pick/bypass.

Tiny, as another lockpicking/CMOE nerd, I salute you. Well done.

As a civilian "red team" / CMOE nerd, I thank the hell out of you for saying so :) I got in real early on the flipper kickstarter and got a 5-pack of them for kickstarter backer prices, I've been looking for a reason to get rid of the last of the 2 spares and Secret Satan seemed appropriate.

Tiny
Oct 26, 2003
My leg hurts....

Mr. Nice! posted:

Byw, tiny, the big box has been claimed by my cats. Hector basically lives in it.

This Is The Way :)

Bodi the lab made sure that he sniffed and rubbed against all the boxes because he was raised by cats and that's just how he rolls.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

Tiny posted:

As a civilian "red team" / CMOE nerd, I thank the hell out of you for saying so :) I got in real early on the flipper kickstarter and got a 5-pack of them for kickstarter backer prices, I've been looking for a reason to get rid of the last of the 2 spares and Secret Satan seemed appropriate.

Dibs? They seem back ordered to hell

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Tiny posted:

Yeah, you know you've got a cool device when they get backlogged in customs and people start setting up scam sites to order them. If you still have the other one, PM me if you'd be interested in selling it.

To my Santee- your package goes out on Friday or may my teeth fall out and hair grow in their place.

Edit:

nullscan posted:

Dibs? They seem back ordered to hell

Aw crap, missed this. Nullscan beat me to it so feel free to work it out with them. :)

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Yeah, you know you've got a cool device when they get backlogged in customs and people start setting up scam sites to order them. If you still have the other one, PM me if you'd be interested in selling it.

To my Santee- your package goes out on Friday or may my teeth fall out and hair grow in their place.

Pleased to report that I get to keep my teeth- TF, you should get your package within the next week (hopefully.) I'll send you the tracking number if I can find my drat receipt.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I think you may win the award for latest sending ever, though.

Everyone else - is there anyone still waiting? Let me know and I shall chase it up.

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Everyone else - is there anyone still waiting? Let me know and I shall chase it up.

Haven’t gotten anything over here

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

You can thank COVID and the person who flaked on your Cameo for a three-week delay.

Celebs are reluctant to say “Hail SS-18 Satan, may his passing cleanse the Earth” on camera, who knew

fresh_cheese
Jul 2, 2014

MY KPI IS HOW MANY VP NUTS I SUCK IN A FISCAL YEAR AND MY LAST THREE OFFICE CHAIRS COMMITTED SUICIDE

Celebs are reluctant to say “Hail SS-18 Satan, may his passing cleanse the Earth” on camera, who knew

I dont even participate in SS and this thread provides such gifts!!

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

If anyone got Grinched let me know. Would any one else want to do this again in a year or should we just retire it?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
I do hope to participate next year. TwoFinger if you aren’t doing it next year, and no one else that you guys would rather run it volunteers to, I’ll volunteer to do it next holiday season.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Soul Dentist posted:

Hahaha I just remembered you said there was a stopgap Amazon package. You totally killed it and it's genuinely hilarious that this helps keep Secret Satan on the loose

Good news! I hope!

Amazon tells me that the last part of your package - the part that was supposed to be delivered before Christmas - was dropped off on your porch at 2:58pm on Sunday.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Good news indeed! I just haven't been home to take a picture of the newest hat in my collection:

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I do hope to participate next year. TwoFinger if you aren’t doing it next year, and no one else that you guys would rather run it volunteers to, I’ll volunteer to do it next holiday season.

Also willing to organize next year!

Itchy_Grundle
Feb 22, 2003

I would love to participate next year.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I'm definitely in

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

McNally posted:

Yeah, I asked dad to forward that on to me.

Dad forgot. Getting home next week. Sorry!

Barcley
Jan 26, 2004

---

Soiled Meat
I'm in for next year as well

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

Well Between Sarah and Me in 2024 the tradition will continue. Lets Do this! I look forward to this every Christmas.

Just re read the thread LtCol J. Krusinski you are invited to organize also.

Who knew a bunch of Nerds could pull off a neato burrito Secret Satan. Year after year.

Stinky

stinkypete fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jan 26, 2023

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

A box arrived! I had Benji do the initial inspection.

I believe this is what's known as "knowing your audience."

Hrm.

Benji immediately made a beeline for the goods. He seems pleased.

This coffee smells loving amazing, and since I don't have a french press it looks like I'm making another trip to Costco!

What looks like a hand painted rendering of my very favourite dog, though at a guess the artist didn't realise just how white my big fluffy buddy is.

Luca now lives in my office and improves my day.

A bitchin book, signed and addressed TO ME!!! As well as what looks like some kickass sauce for wings, and a very on-brand jigsaw puzzle.

Seriously, just look at this loving thing.

Pantslesswithwolves, thank you. I've been having a bit of a blue spell the last few days and I'm deeply touched.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Oh, I'm just so glad that it got there! I lost my receipt with the tracking number on it so I just had my fingers crossed that it would make there. It would have gotten there earlier had COVID not happened and Antonia Prebble not gotten squeamish about saying "hail SS-18 Satan, may his passing cleanse the earth!" on camera. So glad you (and Benji) enjoy the goods and glad to see the Luca portrait now sits in a place of honor!

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Finally home, can finally show off the amazing present I got from Mr. Nice!

Well wrapped, heartfelt note! So far so good!

Inside is a t-shirt. Wait...

That's a big shirt. Don't tell me...

I have been :mcnally:'d!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss