Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much longer is Twitter going to last?
A few weeks
A few months
A few years
About as long as the rest of humanity
View Results

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

Orthanc6 posted:

Excellent, we're at the not-so-implicit violence stage:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1597165510595989504?s=20&t=JTjYqzw5vJuhsvoZLMiA0g

I love it when the richest man on Earth memes himself into gun violence.

This dude would be getting murdered during a mental health check by the police if it weren't for 9 zeros...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
Musk's turn to right wing provocateur is going to kill Tesla. Ignore the sinking cess pool that is Hulu. He has now made buying a Tesla a political choice for many. This wasn't a problem when there was no competition, but there are tons of good choices in categories Tesla doesn't even have. Add a lack of new models and updates (how long has it been since a real S update) and terrible build quality and I think Tesla will just be some brand under GM.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
Elon's just another big talk guy. He's used to swinging his dick in the US and getting what he wants, but that's because one party has completely given up governing. In Europe, governments seem to want to function in people's best interests.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Well, to function, at least. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Sorry, the floor looks like the ceiling from the basement.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

I should have written "in comparison to the US".

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yeah seriously

Guys, guys, either way a billionaire gets his rear end kicked.

My money is Elon backing out. He's a bitch. If he gets in the ring with The Zuck, he'll die. The Zuck has nothing God would recognize as a soul.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

EasyEW posted:

Not to break up the X-a-thon, but a quick note that the Kids Online Safety Act, a classic bit of overreach which is the first step in forcing every platform being discussed here (and presumably this one) to card you at the door, is going to be discussed in committee on Thursday. It has 39 cosponsors in the Senate, so if one of those Senators is yours, you might want to get in touch with them. And if not, just check in anyway.

Apart from the issues the EFF bring up--like giving certain state attorneys general a new tool to hold the rest of the US hostage--the endgame is totally stable X/Twitter owner Elon Musk sitting on a government-mandated database of every user's real name, address and photo ID. A power I'm sure he'll use responsibly.

Sounds like a great time to stop using social media all together. I've been thinking of dropping Instagram and ending my social presence, sounds like a good time.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
Soon, you'll be able to make your Tesla look like a Toyota.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

CuddleCryptid posted:

I saw the "BanTheADL" trend and assumed it was for the other reasons, having it be just straight up nazi poo poo seems almost pedestrian. Good job on turning your platform into a Chan board, Musk

4Chan.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
He's sounds shook.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
How does ending Tik Tok end self expression? I dislike hyperbole.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
That right there should disqualify him from the presidency. He's a drat social media addict! Disgusting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

Neo Rasa posted:

Doesn't China already have something sort of like this for some companies where you have to let Tencent purchase some of your stock or something if you want to do tech stuff in China?

I don't know about tech, but the lab auditing company I work for had some clients in China, but we dropped them when China basically said we had to give them all our internal documents, which China would own in China.