Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much longer is Twitter going to last?
A few weeks
A few months
A few years
About as long as the rest of humanity
View Results

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I'm convinced that Elon Musk is destroying Twitter on purpose. Like I can't even believe that he's just that colossally stupid to nuke a company that he just bought from orbit out of incompetence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
No, I really think he spent forty-four billion dollars, regardless of whose money it was, into burning Twitter to the ground out of his own volition. It's just so catastrophic that it has to be with intent.

I have no evidence for this and am completely pulling it out of my rear end, but god drat it just feels like it makes more sense than it being out of sheer stupidity.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
How bad does it have to get for the folks on H1B visas to bail out and roll the dice on getting another job before their visa expires?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I've gotten caught up in the potential sudden death of Twitter (gently caress you, I love Twitter), but until Twitter just becomes utterly unusable or just unbearable, inertia is going to keep people from giving up on it.

I mean, I can kick and scream and yell to try as hard as I can to peel off people I know from Facebook to anything else, but they're not at all interested enough to migrate to another platform, despite their similar feelings toward Facebook.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Old James posted:

Also, Musk is the type of guy to include cans of Coke in the picture because he wants to hint that he's doing lines.

Caffeine-free Diet Coke. He's lamer than a Mormon

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
What is it going to take to actually kill off Twitter? A lot of us speculated that it would be wrecked by the end of the year, but it's still truckin'. Is it going to take bankruptcy and the company being parted out?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I suppose what I mean is kill Twitter dead and the whole thing goes offline, but I didn't consider the more likely fate of it getting bought out and/or transitioning into something else. MySpace lives, but I think they saw the writing on the wall and knew they couldn't compete with Facebook and transitioned into a music-related service.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
There's a cohort on Twitter that loathes Mastodon because its culture isn't full of angry leftist shitposting, calling it niceposting.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
What compelled Twitter to sue Musk? Was he just at a point of no return?

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
double post

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I'm convinced that Musk's entire mission in life is to get revenge on Peter Thiel et al.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I didn't say he was doing it well :v:

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
That shrimp Jesus is pretty sick

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Two-factor authentication is absolute hell when you don't have your phone on you for some reason or you change numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

mawarannahr posted:

you never get mail?

Not everyone's mailbox requires a key.