Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much longer is Twitter going to last?
A few weeks
A few months
A few years
About as long as the rest of humanity
View Results

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010
I'm rooting for Tumblr right now.

Punch up. Right into Elons crotch. Take every idea and just make it work a little better just for the lols.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

you can absolutely turn off or remove permissions from individual badges in every access control system ive heard of, but on the other hand ive never heard of the property management company having access to tenant access control systems. of course they could probably just padlock the front door.

Usually the building envelope, main doors, stairwells, emergency access corridors are controlled by the owner/property manager, inside tenant spaces are mostly Tennent controlled. Often those systems are federated to each other. I'd bet good money its probably a Brivo access control system. Depending on the age of the last remodel of course.

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

Elon is speed running a 1998 gamer clan forum admin.

Just giving away free mod statuses to the people he wants to be his buds.

It's really pathetic and he needs to be shoved into a locker.

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010
Lol embedded content is the only way Twitter became ubiquitous.

Don't tell Musk that as he kills it. Bluesky will replace Twitter with a year.

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010
He's the childlike emperor of ME DO.

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

cochise posted:

Been meaning to share these.

bsky-social-z6b47-ge6zv

Enjoy!

Thank you Goonsir!

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010
(Galka)(Sausage)(Party)

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

Tuxedo Gin posted:

I had the same issue when I moved overseas. I now use some service that gives me a US number to receive text messages and emails them to me for this purpose because I was tired of having to schedule times with family to relay codes to me for poo poo. Pretty cheap and easy solution.

3cx as an IP phone accepts text messages. I've hooked all my 2fa to that because I can share extensions as needed in companies, so we can share 2fa accounts.

And it's usable in a web browser. Loose your phone. No big deal. In another country just need any workable internet.

The way 2FA was adopted was a loving war crime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

Boris Galerkin posted:

I just use 1Password to generate my work 2FA codes though. I already use 1Password as my personal password/2fa manager so it's literally something I already use. iOS's built in password manager now does 2FA and I'm assuming Android's default version does too, if you don't want an app. I'd understand your guy's opinions on this if this required a dedicated app but it doesn't and this way doesn't give work IT any access to your device either. You just scan a QR code in your 2FA app and it's set up.

Not really and this is the crux of the problem.

It's really not initiated the same on every platform and version.

It's then expects your employees to maintain their personal devices at the level of enterprise it nerds. Which seems to trivial to us, but is a huge pain in the rear end for a vast majority of normal people in normal work places not ruled by scrum bosses, wfh and paid travel expenses.