Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much longer is Twitter going to last?
A few weeks
A few months
A few years
About as long as the rest of humanity
View Results

TooMuchCornstarch
Dec 11, 2012
Too much is never enough.

Discendo Vox posted:

Discord was, for a period, really infamous as a recruiting format for the alt-right; the siloed servers and the gaming focus made it really effective for this. I don't have much info on how the company tried to address this, though I recall that at least some tightening of policies occurred.

That is still a problem. The alt right just changed rhetoric and switched targets. They are grooming teenage anime and kpop stans now.

TooMuchCornstarch fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Nov 9, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TooMuchCornstarch
Dec 11, 2012
Elon firing over 80% of his team included the people that tracked and removed illegal activity.

This is already going exactly how you think it would.

More people than usual are being hacked and illegal material is piling up. The feds aren’t going to be happy.

I’ll probably delete my twitter account for security reasons soon. This is only going to get worse and I’m not waiting for Elon’s genius code skills to compromise my account for me, if he hasn’t already.

TooMuchCornstarch
Dec 11, 2012

Comstar posted:

How would you get hacked through twitter?

Mostly scam links and social engineering. The usual stuff, just bolder now because most of the administrators got sacked or quit. But I wouldn’t be surprised if some bizarre new vulnerability opened in the past week either.