Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much longer is Twitter going to last?
A few weeks
A few months
A few years
About as long as the rest of humanity
View Results

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Main Paineframe posted:

Rumors are flying about other teams, too - someone in YOSPOS was saying that Twitter Asia and Twitter India were decimated, and that Twitter's PR team was almost completely laid off. The full magnitude of the cuts will probably take a bit to become clear, but it's pretty severe.

Things Twitter doesn't really need right now: a PR team, apparently?

I've seen impetuous man-baby management, and I've seen brutal strip-out-the-wiring hedge fund management, but this looks like it's managing to be both so far and it's incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

PhazonLink posted:

reminder that goons should try to be poll workers so regressives dont get in.

As a bonus, it's also a genuinely rewarding thing to do on election day that isn't "anxiously refresh Election Twitter." :toot:

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

PhazonLink posted:

people have mentioned some vocab word called the Glass Cliff

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glass_cliff

which might be the ONE example of musk actually setting up a medium/long term strat that isnt based on his dumb attention span , brain worms, and drugs.

And yet he's also loving it up because that strategy requires stepping back and keeping quiet for long enough to let people plausibly believe the CEO is making any decisions, whereas he's still just tweeting it out