Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much longer is Twitter going to last?
A few weeks
A few months
A few years
About as long as the rest of humanity
View Results

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

A pioneer of what though

Honest question. Everything coming out of even the most curated metaverse vr content promotional feels a lot like regression to the otherworldly oddlands of early cgi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyGfxCxnZW0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

haveblue posted:

My “you probably won’t go to jail for me” T-shirt has people asking a lot of questions already answered by my shirt

Whenever company legal tries to assure you to won't be criminally liable for doing as the company asks you should probably send them an email inquiring in writing about little things like if they're acting in any capacity to represent you with that advice / is this legal advice lol

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

The slow corrosions: lack of staff needed for maintaining relations and partnerships starves it of revenue, lack of design and ux causes the site experience to stagnate, lack of moderation, customer support and curation degrades the user experience and creates feedback loops of engagement loss

The acute implosions: lack of sufficient code base maintenance leaves the site vulnerable to catastrophic outages or data loss. Site becomes progressively more vulnerable to exploits or data leaks. The longer the site has staffing and offices in such disarray, the greater the chances each day that the site just goes down in a way that remaining skeleton crews cannot fix in a reasonable timeframe

Either grouping of issues is fatal, twitter gets both

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

I am almost impressed with how poorly musk handled everything. Guy about to have actually killed twitter in less than a Liz Truss. He never not once did anything the not stupid way and he looked like an rear end in a top hat the entire time

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Didn't this dickbag "convert to Islam" recently just to be obviously heavy on the haram

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

The Illusive Man posted:

Musk’s approach is basically “work harder, not smarter”.

Musk's approach is to assume he's brilliant in all things and can make things happen just by being Iron Boss Man who Gets The Lead Out

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Lmao

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Discendo Vox posted:

Can you explain this for the rest of us? I get there are errors happening, but do they represent anything specific?

The 503 stuff mostly kind of "we kept trying but there was nothing there"

Then you have uncaught in promise api error which is mostly "so there's something you're supposed to get here. But there's an error. Oh and we can't find any code that's supposed to kick in and catch the error or deal with it. Uh oh"

Disclaimer: I'm baby's first frontend so if anyone disputes my error explanation, even just with word salad, their information is more correct than mine

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

FlamingLiberal posted:

Twitter has clearly poisoned his brain. Well, that and mainlining Ketamine.

and that's not even a joke, like i said before he does actually look like he eats through half a veterinarian's office worth of drugs every month

still waiting for the first video of him with ket legs

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

"i post on x and i need to come off as smarter" i ask of grok. it says "it is done" and deletes my account. monkeys paw dont even curl up a finger for that one, it's a freebie

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Lyesh posted:

my point is that you don't get to point at them and decry them over poo poo you're doing too.

so china doesn't get to point at the US and decry them banning tiktok, yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Lyesh posted:

I don't live in china. Their government does not represent me, so i don't have as much call or right to complain about the poo poo they do.

that's a cop out punt to the original question, and someone sincerely relying on that logic can't give a useful answer about how either country should be handling the situation because they've announced that they're only really 'allowed' to criticize one country completely