Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much longer is Twitter going to last?
A few weeks
A few months
A few years
About as long as the rest of humanity
View Results

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Nitrousoxide posted:

I’ve apparently done a pretty good job covering up my metaphorical digital trail because my YouTube suggestions are just my subscriptions now with occasional very highly related videos. I never see stuff related to stuff I search for.

I only search for things I want to show up in my recommendations. Otherwise I use incognito. It's all just too fragile. I only see relevant poo poo and it's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Absolutely incredible

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
What are they gonna do, sue?

...oh.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I've seen people reporting it on Chrome. I think they're slowly rolling it out to make sure they don't lose a ton of revenue/market share in doing so. I'm a Premium subscriber, but this still caused me to switch to Firefox

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Original_Z posted:

Does anyone here use Nebula? It's like a version of Youtube with no ads but costs money, but pays more to creators.

I tried it once, but my experience was that there was an occasional exclusive video that was interesting, but that the vast majority of content was what I was already watching on YouTube.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Right, but I pay for YouTube because I watch a lot more than just educational/documentary content and I loathe ads. So for someone in my position, it's not really a good value because I'd be paying for the same material twice

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
If you signed up after 2017 they assume you're part of the botnet too, because who in their right mind would create a Twitter account now

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
All of my friends are apparently super horny for me to join them on Threads, according to Instagram every time I open it. Which is only when someone sends me a cute dog video.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Jesus III posted:

That right there should disqualify him from the presidency. He's a drat social media addict! Disgusting.

Legit excited for out first terminally online from birth president

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I paused my YouTube app on Roku the other day, and when I came back it had autoplayed an "Artistic Background Images for Your TV" video that I'd never seen before and had to remove from my history. Absolutely no idea how that happened since I turn any and all autoplay poo poo off immediately, and couldn't find any settings in the Roku app that looked like they might have anything to do with that.

It's also started switching paused videos over to a "screensaver" of the current video rather than the paused video and I hate it. Presumably to prevent burn-in? Let me turn that poo poo off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
You're discounting the Lightphone type folks who are either burnt out by and hate their dayjobs and are only doing the work because it's the only skill they've developed, or willfully obstinate technologically.