Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much longer is Twitter going to last?
A few weeks
A few months
A few years
About as long as the rest of humanity
View Results

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

What does/did it say? I don’t even see “this tweet was deleted”, I see “this page is down”

Edit: it loads if I remove the querystring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Maybe we should try it, but Elon should be on site. We drop one, and he lets us know if we need to drop another. Keep this up until he stops signalling.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Acebuckeye13 posted:

he's going to push away both potential and existing Tesla drivers into the arms of his competitors, and most of those customers aren't going to come back even if Tesla is severed from Musk.

This is accurate for many reasons, not just because of the musk taint. They make more profit on their cars than any other automaker, yet they keep removing parts to shave a penny here and there. First it was rain sensors, then passenger seat lumbar support, then radar, now parking sensors. They've never had that little light in your mirror that tells you when someone's in your blind spot. Teslas are expensive cars, not luxury cars. IMO the only reason they make sense when compared to the competition is their charging network, which is objectively the most reliable and matured. It's one thing they absolutely nailed. And they've announced they're going to open it up to other cars, so that one compelling reason to stay is going away.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Imagine giving that company money for device with a microphone and a camera that is specifically marketed for it's ability to follow you around a room.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/security/a23873639/facebook-portal-data-advertising/

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Sometimes it's more like:

1. You sit at the bar with someone and talk about Thing
2. That person that isn't you searches for Thing
3. Facebook knows your phone was next to their phone for a while, so you might both be interested in Thing
4. Facebook shows you ads for Thing

It's definitely happened where my wife and I go next door, we both leave our phones at home, talk about Thing, and she sees ads for Thing on instagram. For me, that's the real head-scratcher. I can't think of how they would relate something to her when she has no electronic devices on her. It's not for something generic either, it'd be like a very specific lego set or something.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I kinda doubt anything for the twitter application was hosted on-site. It was probably some internal tooling server. "Wow look how robust twitter is! It still works even when our front-end build pipeline is unreachable!!"

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Soonmot posted:

in a better world, that car rolled.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

lol, this just turns into extortion if used.

"Keep paying or everyone will see all of your 🌶️spicy🌶️ likes"

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

It means “here is some attention I have gifted you” and people receiving it feel good in different ways depending on the context.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

And it sucks

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I think it’d be tough to know how widespread it was. A few people complaining on the internet probably weren’t charged enough to swing the difference in a financial report. How many people would have to have been impacted for it to make a difference?

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

drat being able to walk a tightrope that good she should join the circus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

thanks for the update!