Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

the guy from lfo who died of cancer talked about this poo poo during an interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SjHMDWgZjc&t=1017s

This poo poo is heartbreaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Aaron Squarter

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

the thing about this sort of 'expose' is that it was BLINDINGLY OBVIOUS AT THE TIME, TOO

it happened then
it's happening now

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Horrorosaurus posted:

Sorry to go all Real World here but yeah having dealt with emotional trauma for the last 2 years has taught a lot of empathy and whatever this guy was going through, pretty sure he was really hurting.

It's hard to imagine until you go through it but emotional trauma can manifest as physical hurt. I left that poo poo behind 30 years ago only to find out it's still there. It's not just any pain.

For me it's been like if you imagine how the fight or flight mechanism feels. You're pumped up with adrenaline for a short while and it doesn't feel good in the least most of the time but it's supposed to last minutes so you get out of whatever rear end in a top hat situation it is you're in. But sometimes it doesn't and you're in constant pain, reliving a bad situation.

It hurts and it's exhausting, and that's one of the reasons why PTSD is often characterized by substance abuse. You're treating a wound others don't even see. I can't even fathom what it's like when the ones causing the damage are running an entire business your livelihood is dependent on. hosed up.
Good post and :agreed:

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

flubber nuts posted:

Aaron Squarter

drat how many oegamiom’s do you think it took him to fill that bathtub?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
At what point do we just round up every single entertainment executive and exile them to some kind of barren wasteland they can't escape from?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

CPL593H posted:

At what point do we just round up every single entertainment executive and exile them to some kind of barren wasteland they can't escape from?

You'll find they're rich and therefore insulated from the consequences of their own behavior, OP.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
:(

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

Agreed. Can you imagine you get to bang prime Jennifer Love Hewitt and she makes you wear two condoms?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Toxic Mental posted:

Agreed. Can you imagine you get to bang prime Jennifer Love Hewitt and she makes you wear two condoms?

How could America do this?

Stonehouse Beach
Feb 8, 2019
I beat off Shaq too, you don't see me singing about it

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

CPL593H posted:

they already live in LA op

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Stonehouse Beach posted:

Maybe you should? :shrug:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Stonehouse Beach posted:

presumably because you are exhausted

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Literally A Person posted:

You'll find they're rich and therefore insulated from the consequences of their own behavior, OP.

Listen. Just let me imagine these pudgy geriatric white billionaires having to Battle Royale each other to barely survive in a desolate wasteland. I know it's not possible, it's just satisfying to pretend there is some world in which these people would be made to suffer dearly for their crimes.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Here's a great documentary about shitbag Lou Pearlman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcCRs0Ic3FI&t=4436s

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
God I keep assuming the worst about Ron Pearlman

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

CPL593H posted:

Who the hell is supposed to decide what premiers on Sweeps Week? You?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Just throw on some reruns of whatever the gently caress laugh track sitcoms are still on the air. The only people still watching network TV are boomers who are barely paying attention while they play with their phones.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

GolfHole posted:

the thing about this sort of 'expose' is that it was BLINDINGLY OBVIOUS AT THE TIME, TOO

it happened then
it's happening now

I'm willing to bet it's always been happening.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Chinatown posted:

they already live in LA op

Live in LA.
Die in Lancaster.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Bip Roberts posted:

Live in LA.
Die in Lancaster.

bleak as gently caress

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Air in water

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

i could do it

americas horniest home videos
nubile amazonian slave twinks from cockulon prime
welcome to felchburg
i love lucy 2
the homeless weather channel

i could be the king of culver city california if theyd give me a shot. and i probably wouldnt even rape anyone

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

i could do it

americas horniest home videos
nubile amazonian slave twinks from cockulon prime
welcome to felchburg
i love lucy 2
the homeless weather channel

i could be the king of culver city california if theyd give me a shot. and i probably wouldnt even rape anyone

You know, my gut reaction was a no, seeing the Doug avatar. But I think you got the gift, kid.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.
who?

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
he was the 39th president of the united states

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Doug. Had a purple neighbor and blue his friend

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
The guy I think a lot of people are talking about is Lou Pearlman, who started and/or managed Backstreet Boys, NSync, O-Town, Aaron Carter, and a dozen other acts. Sued by all of them and died in prison for his various financial crimes.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Yea his name was brought up a few times already.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Lmao he dusted his brains out apparently that's like 3 steps below even xanny OD, like seriously bottom tier

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Nooner posted:

Lmao he dusted his brains out apparently that's like 3 steps below even xanny OD, like seriously bottom tier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl2ustwRJ1Y&t=19s

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Oh I thought you meant angel dust. This is somehow even sadder than that

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

Huffing air duster till you pass out in your tub and drown is a sad way to go

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Need food like I can't understan.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

Oh I thought you meant angel dust. This is somehow even sadder than that

At least PCP makes you think you can take on the LAPD.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Chinatown posted:

seriously though how many facetatted white rappers must die before .....uh.....*shrugs and goes home*

fart

read facetatted as fatcat at first and lolled

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015
"Law enforcement believes Aaron's body was in the tub for a long time as there was a smell of decomposition and the water had turned an unnatural color. We're told the tub's jets were still running when Aaron's body was found."

Welp. I'm done reading up on this one, folks.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

LadyAmbien posted:

"Law enforcement believes Aaron's body was in the tub for a long time as there was a smell of decomposition and the water had turned an unnatural color. We're told the tub's jets were still running when Aaron's body was found."

Welp. I'm done reading up on this one, folks.

New England Xan Chowder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

neato burrito posted:

New England Xan Chowder

Jesus Christ