Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

It’ll be funny when Jimbo drops his sixth in a row.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Joey Freshwater posted:

Same thing happened at ETSU and the admin said gently caress it and did it anyway

Not only an ETSU alum here (I was a junior that last season), I grew up mostly in Johnson City and I was ok when they got rid of football at first, because to me it was always a basketball school. That said now I’m glad that it did come back. I wish I would have made it back for a game while Randy Sanders was there.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Baggot posted:

Video of the ceremony where they gave it to Jimbo, it's even funnier in context.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwPvpH7kY-Y

Hahaha it’s such a dick move. Chancellor of the A&M system is presenting the coach of A&M Commerce a plaque to commemorate his D2 national championship but can’t let even let the guy have his one moment and awards the plaque to Jimbo at the same time.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

macction won’t be the only midweek football

https://twitter.com/rj_writes/status/1590468554075172864?s=46&t=31uCcoF3M0HIXduCEC7QGw

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
gently caress yeah more degen football

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
CUSAction

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Conference tUeSdAys?

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Conference U-S-Wed-Nesd-A

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

I'm proud to be a CUSA fan
Where the games play on Tuesday
In the event the teams cannot play then
They might play on Wednesday
If TV messed that up, as they do
We could play on a Thursday
But there ain't no doubt the American
Will hate CUSA

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Will you tune in to our CUSAde?
Can Sam Houston beat Liberty?
Beyond the Rio Grande
There are New Mexico Aggies
They’ll fight all the Miners,
La Tech, and Western Kentucky

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

dirty shrimp money posted:

Will hate CUSA

Art.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Will hate CUSA

Excellent work.

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Here are provided seats of meditative joy, where shall rise again the destined reign of Troy.

Will hate CUSA

Dying.

Also, like I said in the last thread, we have a pretty specific demographic in these threads. I'd hazard a guess that like 10% of people under the age of...30?...would get what this is.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Will hate CUSA

:911: loving nailed it

I have more confidence now that the Ducks are on the right track, and I think given the games that have stressed them so far (Wazzu, Cal) they’ve shown the right tools from the players and coaches to deal with adversity. I’d be more worried about Washington if it was in Seattle, Utah and Oregon State are making me worried too.

Barring an absolute phenomenal collapse, this season has already been a real success.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Where are we going to get our funny sports news when Twitter dies within the next few days?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Komet posted:

Where are we going to get our funny sports news when Twitter dies within the next few days?

You know, there are plenty of reasons to hate Elon, but him killing the best medium for immediate sports news at near the tippy top of the list for me.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

He totally skullfucked Twitter in under two weeks. It sucks because I had a great network of academics, but at the same time, it's hilarious to see someone lose 44 billion dollars.

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

I never used Twitter to post but it's probably where I got 90% of my up to date sports news. There really isn't anything that can readily replace that. Imagine burning down your reputation and 50 billion dollars all because a kid wouldn't sell his Elon flight tracker account for $5000.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

He’s going to lose more than 44bn over this if it all collapses.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i don't believe any of that is real money

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

R.D. Mangles posted:

Nah, but neither is most money.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Whatever allows finding and sharing media content across other websites so easily.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

I don't believe he'll suffer real consequences even if it is

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Chris James 2 posted:

I don't believe he'll suffer real consequences even if it is

Didn’t KSA invest a bunch in the purchase? Maybe he’ll get Khashoggi’d.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

LeeMajors posted:

Nah, only about 1.9bn which is like walking around money.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Pretty sure the Saudis didn't invest in Twitter to get a monetary return on investment.

There's a treasure trove of dissident data now being guarded by significantly fewer people.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

LeeMajors posted:

They were already invested in Twitter before the purchase, they just rolled their investment over.

GD_American posted:

Pretty sure the Saudis didn't invest in Twitter to get a monetary return on investment.

There's a treasure trove of dissident data now being guarded by significantly fewer people.

But now that it’s a private company run by a megalomaniacal unaccountable lunatic it’s easier it’s easier to do this.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Looking forward to the Fullcas crew making the stupidest mastodon instance name possible.

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Here are provided seats of meditative joy, where shall rise again the destined reign of Troy.
Do I use twitter differently than everyone else? Because my experience since Elon bought twitter is identical to my experience before…

I have various interest-based lists of accounts whose tweets I follow. They tweet. I see their tweets. Same as I have for 10 years. I feel like I must have been missing out on some sort of other way of interacting with this service the whole time, and I just can’t understand why people are freaking out…

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Warbird posted:

Looking forward to the Fullcas crew making the stupidest mastodon instance name possible.

it's gonna be really dumb

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Jimbos TFF Sickos Hangout

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Tad SG posted:

Do I use twitter differently than everyone else? Because my experience since Elon bought twitter is identical to my experience before…

I have various interest-based lists of accounts whose tweets I follow. They tweet. I see their tweets. Same as I have for 10 years. I feel like I must have been missing out on some sort of other way of interacting with this service the whole time, and I just can’t understand why people are freaking out…

Yeah for low key 'want to watch sports highlights' or look at pics of cats and dogs, follow friends people like us it's mostly the same so far. But they haven't had time to change a whole lot for Elon's 'vision' yet, and fired all of the people who might have been able to make it happen. The paid 8 bucks for a star would matter to us since if you looked at checkmarked accounts to make sure what you were reading wasn't just a troll, well now everyone with 8 bucks can troll. AdarnSchefter going hog wild.

Apparently they've rolled that back already. I don't know, the whole thing seems like a giant mess, like way more of a mess than it already was. Which is some impressive work.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

GD_American posted:

By guarded you mean delivered on a silver thumb drive directly to bonesaw, right?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

“Just wait until Mario gets his guys in there!”

https://twitter.com/jadenrashada/status/1590934218934472704?s=46&t=O2H8pA25zhA77APc7RA-WA

lol

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
The one thing I do have confidence in with Cristobal is recruiting.

Everything else is iffy to bad but he will definitely succeed in recruiting.

And man these commit videos are awful. whatever happened to just putting on a hat :corsair:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Tad SG posted:

You must not be following too many Extremely Online people and writers who are huddled up at the coalface. That said, the fun stuff will likely get aggregated to places like The Verge soon enough, but holy poo poo is it funny to see people get fooled in real time, and it’s the people going into parody/satire of businesses that are really doing the lord’s work.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

The one thing I do have confidence in with Cristobal is recruiting.

Everything else is iffy to bad but he will definitely succeed in recruiting.

And man these commit videos are awful. whatever happened to just putting on a hat :corsair:

He will probably ultimately be fine with recruiting, but it's hilarious that a guy hailed as a centerpiece of their 2023 class just flipped to Florida.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Holy poo poo lol

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Tad SG posted:

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform. Plus his takeover has been very public and very messy, so there's schadenfreude about the troubles of the smug rich dude.

:lol: these kids are fickle, but Go Gata

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Tad SG posted:

I think the basic use for most people is about the same right now because no one cares about trolling middle aged sports fans like this

https://twitter.com/alanisnking/sta...ingawful.com%2F

But ultimately he’s going to remake it try and aggressively monetize it and there are discussions of making paid twitter the only poo poo that shows up on feed which is going to drastically shrink casual user base I think.

He’s also basically destroyed all trust with advertisers so he has a lot of rebuilding to do and I think of all people Musk has the business savvy to make that ha…..lol sorry couldn’t even make it all the way through that, twitter advertising is probably dead.