Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Why are you not voting?
This poll is closed.
I am lazy. 34 10.76%
I am dumb. 26 8.23%
I don’t have eight hours to wait in line with no water. 16 5.06%
I lust for death. 49 15.51%
I am too principled to vote for an imperfect candidate. 31 9.81%
I smell like old hamburger meat. 25 7.91%
gently caress you OP, you’re not my dad. 62 19.62%
I am not American. 73 23.10%
Total: 186 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Same reason I didn't vote in this poll:

No Goku option :colbert:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Vampire Panties posted:

Same reason I didn't vote in this poll:

No Goku option :colbert:

which one do you want? Super Sayan 1, 2 or 3?

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
i mailed in my absentee vote so it can be tossed in the fire out back of the polling station.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAGnKpE4NCI&t=121s

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

blight rhino posted:

i mailed in my absentee vote so it can be tossed in the fire out back of the polling station.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAGnKpE4NCI&t=121s

lol

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Bad Purchase posted:

the american revolution was an illegal war and the united states of america should be considered a territory in rebellion. i'm certainly not going to contribute the charade of democratic election, there's absolutely no legitimacy to it.

In an alternate history, I’d be voting for my MP in the Lee on the Gulf constituency of the 7000 member British parliament.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I won't be voting on Tuesday. I could spend that time raking leaves at my house, playing video games or jacking off. Last time I voted, I voted for whoever had the dumbest name including a guy with the last name Fister.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

gently caress u i wont do what u tell me

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i have a really bad case of anal pube lice and they have recently taken up residence inside of my anus. it is very painful and makes voting fairly difficult.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Not voting this week because I voted a month and a half ago

The Wurst Poster
Apr 8, 2005

Literally the Wurst...

Seriously...

For REALSIES.

Don't need to. My local mule will do it for me.

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
Local races are a clown show with clear winners predetermined winners and nothing of note on the national ballot.

I'm torn on a schoolboard. There is one candidate whose daughter goes to my daughter's school, checks all the "right" boxes, grew up here, etc. the other one has ties to the CCP and wants to abolish the police. So, I'm torn because one candidate would be better for me personally while the other is better for the world. Sitting out seems reasonable.

I do want us to negotiate a better deal with draft kings but corporate overlords gonna overlord.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Because it's meaningless.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Toxic Mental posted:

lol tankies who tell people that voting doesn't work but also refuse to just start assassinating GOP candidates

The biggest terminally online ill pussies on planet loving earth

Having the usual one today eh Yalda

Techno Remix
Feb 13, 2012

I tried to vote in your poll but it changed my vote to Pat Buchanan.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug
I'm too busy funneling billions of dollars into lobbying efforts aimed to further enrich myself at the expense of everyone else.

And also funneling hot tar into my rear end.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I give an equal amount of votes to each party that way no one’s feelings get hurt.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

waiting for george soros to venmo me. he knows my rates. it's up to him how many times he wants to pay me to vote.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
you don't really have to wait for 8 hours to vote in the us do you?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I live in Alabama. Due to the reality of electoral politics, my vote is actually completely worthless. There is no Doug Jones vs Kiddie Toucher on the ballot around here right now. It's simply MAGA idiot vs Different Flavor of MAGA idiot.

That and I thought I was signed up to vote and it's too late now. Because it's Alabama.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

if you pay me five dollars ill vote for whoever you want me to.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

JK I just checked and it turns out I am amazingly eligible to vote, so I will be voting, and generally wasting my vote actually.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Hammerite posted:

you don't really have to wait for 8 hours to vote in the us do you?

Depends on your skin color

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

Depends on your skin color

And if your district is blue or red (related to skin color).

I've seen videos at the Madison, WI college campuses and the lines were very, very long.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

lol its insane that every state doesnt have mail voting

it's so much easier and better

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons
I’m waiting until Tuesday to do it in person because I’m old-fashioned and want my free sticker.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I did it in-person on the 1st and got a sticker. :colbert:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

the snake liz warren

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

That DICK! posted:

the snake liz warren

she's a snake? I always had her pegged as a gecko

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I always had her pegged as a gecko

Because she saves you more money on insurance??!!! :downsrim:

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

barnold posted:

i voted weeks ago as legally prescribed by my state's mail-in ballot procedures :911:

^

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I voted last week because it's easy AF to vote in Washington state.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I did it in-person on the 1st and got a sticker. :colbert:

Well la-dee-da. I’m in PA (lol), so I have to wait til Tuesday.

And I work before the polling sites open here, so I have to wait until after I get home instead of being at the very front of the line (there usually isn’t one).

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Because I voted weeks ago!

I don't know why more people don't early vote, it's loving easy and way less crowded than it is on election day.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

its all nice on rice posted:

I voted last week because it's easy AF to vote in Washington state.

That was one thing that I absolutely loved when I lived out there. I wasn't too politically active or anything but if there was a vote then I'd get a ballot in the mail and at least once I remember I got a small guide on the candidates and their positions that I could only imagine they wrote themselves. I'd have no idea there was a vote going on but if I got that in the mail then I knew I should look up what's happening. It got me to engage much more in voting and wtf is happening in my area.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Ars Arcanum posted:

Well la-dee-da. I’m in PA (lol), so I have to wait til Tuesday.

And I work before the polling sites open here, so I have to wait until after I get home instead of being at the very front of the line (there usually isn’t one).

In PA too. Just told my boss I have to leave early to vote on Tuesday and he was cool with it

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Ars Arcanum posted:

I’m waiting until Tuesday to do it in person because I’m old-fashioned and want my free sticker.

Our mail in ballots come with the sticker inside them so even if you don't return your ballot you get the sticker.
:lofty:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Wifi Toilet posted:

Our mail in ballots come with the sticker inside them so even if you don't return your ballot you get the sticker.
:lofty:

if your lame enough to mail in your vote you won't wear the sticker if you didn't actually do it

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

I didn’t get a sticker. pretty hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
I like voting in person. It's something I've done since I turned 18 and happens at the right cadence to not be obnoxious. Of course I'm in a fortunate position where I've always lived within walking distance and had sympathetic enough jobs that being a bit late because I was voting is a legit excuse.

I'm pretty pessimistic about electoral politics but I'm pretty sure our society can definitely get worse, so voting for the controlled opposition still seems the better action than voting for the actual death cult or not voting at all.

People wouldn't spend millions of dollars on campaigns trying to get you to vote for them if they didn't think it was worth the return on investment. So there's that at least. Not voting seems kinda dumb, if you're in a position where it's just a small inconvenience.