Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Why are you not voting?
This poll is closed.
I am lazy. 34 10.76%
I am dumb. 26 8.23%
I don’t have eight hours to wait in line with no water. 16 5.06%
I lust for death. 49 15.51%
I am too principled to vote for an imperfect candidate. 31 9.81%
I smell like old hamburger meat. 25 7.91%
gently caress you OP, you’re not my dad. 62 19.62%
I am not American. 73 23.10%
Total: 186 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

I voted for this guy twice and all he did was explode a bunch of brown kids on the other side of the world.

I am voting though because the ballot questions are really important and the local sheriff is a turbo fascist who's been in office for 25 loving years.

Kirk Vikernes posted:

I won't be voting on Tuesday. I could spend that time raking leaves at my house, playing video games or jacking off. Last time I voted, I voted for whoever had the dumbest name including a guy with the last name Fister.

Did he win?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

CPL593H posted:

I voted for this guy twice and all he did was explode a bunch of brown kids on the other side of the world.

that's an obummer

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Bad Purchase posted:

that's an obummer

Yeah I've always thought that exploding kids is bad actually.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Yeah we exploded some folks

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica

CPL593H posted:

LOL, owned.

My votes for Peta Lindsay in '08 and Al Sharpton in '04 (primary) remain my proudest votes. I am probably most ashamed of my international mail in ballot for Gore in '00. That was a huge mistake, I should have gone with my gut and voted Nader.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons

Wifi Toilet posted:

Our mail in ballots come with the sticker inside them so even if you don't return your ballot you get the sticker.
:lofty:

That’s voter fraud.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.
Dear OP,

Both parties are identical in practice.

HTH

Me again.
Oct 19, 2017
I moved states in September and haven't got the right ID for my state yet. Plus, I've been committed since 2018 to voting only for people who might be worthy of public office and no one else (I leave the slot blank if there's no good candidate). I'm still learning who that is around here.

E: And I always turn up at the polls for the sake of the ballot measures, like the guy at the top said. This is actually the first election I'm sitting out since I turned 18, not counting a couple of primaries I forgot about, and I'm a bit bummed out about it.

Me again. fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Nov 7, 2022

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I'm only voting because of the local ballot questions like increasing funding for the local schools but even if those pass they might not happen anyway because, as others have said, voting in this country is nearly worthless

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I'm voting because my state is stupid red state but we have a close ish senate race that would really piss off the chuds to lose.

Also my local school system is in a death spiral where boomers come out in droves to vote no in our school levy every year even if it's a renewal. We closed half the schools and ended bussing last spring, so if this one fails it will get even worse. So I wanna vote yes because I pretty much need to move before my son hits school age if they keep failing.

Holla Inshallah
Sep 9, 2022

by Azathoth
Voting? I thought I was supposed to be boating!

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

A Strange Aeon posted:

People wouldn't spend millions of dollars on campaigns trying to get you to vote for them if they didn't think it was worth the return on investment. So there's that at least. Not voting seems kinda dumb, if you're in a position where it's just a small inconvenience.
Well of course it’s worth it, for them and their buddies. The people spending the money want a good ROI, you and me aren’t contributing huge sums of money tho so the returns ain’t coming to us.

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat

Hasselblad posted:

Dear OP,

Both parties are identical in practice.

HTH

I feel like the judges they put on the Supreme Court are fairly different.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
we are all textualists now :getin:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Giraffe posted:

The 245 federal judge appointments by Trump. Tons of goons don't even know how much this poo poo matters. Now those judges are all across the country chudding it up with the power of United States law (which they interpret).

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015
Not voting because the Americas won't have me

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I voted for the jet fuel tax. I don't fly so it won't affect me.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Elephant Ambush posted:

I'm only voting because of the local ballot questions like increasing funding for the local schools but even if those pass they might not happen anyway because, as others have said, voting in this country is nearly worthless

I'm in Massachusetts and one of our ballot questions would raise taxes on income over a million dollars by a measly 4%. And the usual gang of dipshits that are one bad day away from homelessness are FURIOUS. Naturally rich people have poured all kinds of money into ad campaigns against this that are spewing outright lies about how everyone will see their taxes double and blah blah blah. So that's probably not going to pass. Three out of four of our ballot questions are things that would benefit the average person at an incredibly minor expense to rich people or big business so I'm sure none of those will pass. The other one is about allowing undocumented immigrants to get driver's licenses.

super sweet best pal posted:

What good is it anyway? It can't even melt steel beams.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I voted for candidates supporting defunding the mods

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

I heard the buttons on corners at intersections downtown are like this.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Smugworth posted:

I voted for candidates supporting defunding the mods

lol

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I voted first day of early voting, so all I get to do tomorrow is try to avoid reporting on the early returns.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

super sweet best pal posted:

Jets use a disgusting amount of fuel and fuel emission regulations for aviation practically don't exist. Jet exhaust is toxic enough that you can taste it in your throat for a while afterwards. It ain't just pebbles and asphalt blasting at you, you can taste a mixture of ash and unburnt fuel

Buy a H2 hummer that gets 8 MPG and remove the catalytic converter. Drive this vehicle to work everyday. Convert said H2 hummer to roll coal as well and then go on a cross country road trip while rolling coal at every light. Do this instead of flying. Congrats you are doing more for the environment than someone who bikes to work everyday and goes on one European vacation per year.

but I digress, the planet is doomed and nothing matters

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Gonna rain tomorrow morning but I'm still gonna vote

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Giraffe posted:

op I feel like you might not be familiar with how clarence thomas got onto the supreme court

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

World War Mammories posted:

op I feel like you might not be familiar with how clarence thomas got onto the supreme court
[wikipedias]

he was nominated by george h.w. bush, and was voted against by 81% of democrats, and voted for by 95% of republicans?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Cubone posted:

[wikipedias]

he was nominated by george h.w. bush, and was voted against by 81% of democrats, and voted for by 95% of republicans?

I think they were referring to Joe Biden's role in the Clarence Thomas hearings.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Pennywise the Frown posted:

The 245 federal judge appointments by Trump. Tons of goons don't even know how much this poo poo matters. Now those judges are all across the country chudding it up with the power of United States law (which they interpret).

Wow sounds like a serious issue. I assume the democrats are taking appropriate action to ensure that these judges don't further infringe on our civil rights?

Why did trump get to appoint so many judges anyways?

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I am voting and getting an everything bagel.

Leper Go-getter
Nov 7, 2010
Tried to look up what sortoff elections are going on, it's not presidential so I've seen nothing in our media. That all looks crazy to me but best of luck guys, abolish guns defund police legalise abortions stop watering your lawns in the desert punch fascists and just have a good time.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I voted in my union ballot today.

I voted for maximum striking because gently caress yeah.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Cubone posted:

[wikipedias]

CPL593H posted:

I think they were referring to Joe Biden's role in the Clarence Thomas hearings.

yes lol

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
it literally took me 5 minutes to vote today and then I got mcd's. and I'm in GA, so I'm helping prevent Herschel Walker from getting into the Senate.

it's some real poo poo to say 'nothing changed' the last two years, really shows who is insulated by the status quo. oh yes it did, you lucky comfortable bastard. a LOT changed, and not for the better.

but yeah I get it, you're on your couch eatin' chips, who wants to dust the crumbs off and put on pants, when you could watch Spongebob and get high instead?

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Zeluth posted:

Exactly what I did too

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

StrangersInTheNight posted:

it literally took me 5 minutes to vote today and then I got mcd's. and I'm in GA, so I'm helping prevent Herschel Walker from getting into the Senate.

it's some real poo poo to say 'nothing changed' the last two years, really shows who is insulated by the status quo. oh yes it did, you lucky comfortable bastard. a LOT changed, and not for the better.

but yeah I get it, you're on your couch eatin' chips, who wants to dust the crumbs off and put on pants, when you could watch Spongebob and get high instead?

look out folks we got a voter here

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

because it's dumb as hell OP

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Zeluth posted:

I'm voting for everything and getting a plain bagel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

StrangersInTheNight posted:

i voted for walker to cancel this person's vote