Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Why are you not voting?
This poll is closed.
I am lazy. 34 10.76%
I am dumb. 26 8.23%
I don’t have eight hours to wait in line with no water. 16 5.06%
I lust for death. 49 15.51%
I am too principled to vote for an imperfect candidate. 31 9.81%
I smell like old hamburger meat. 25 7.91%
gently caress you OP, you’re not my dad. 62 19.62%
I am not American. 73 23.10%
Total: 186 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
rode my bike to the ballot drop off location

ran every stop sign there and back because :nothing: :haibrow:

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica

StrangersInTheNight posted:

it literally took me 5 minutes to vote today and then I got mcd's. and I'm in GA, so I'm helping prevent Herschel Walker from getting into the Senate.

it's some real poo poo to say 'nothing changed' the last two years, really shows who is insulated by the status quo. oh yes it did, you lucky comfortable bastard. a LOT changed, and not for the better.

but yeah I get it, you're on your couch eatin' chips, who wants to dust the crumbs off and put on pants, when you could watch Spongebob and get high instead?

I agree, poo poo has gotten worse in the last two years. That's why I'm voting to stop Joe Biden and his radical godless agenda.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chinatown posted:

rode my bike to the ballot drop off location

I voted for the candidate in your district to enforce harsher bicycle laws.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

You dumbasses should have voted.

Even if neither party is going to materially improve your conditions, one of them is going to actively make them worse on purpose, that's the republicans. It sucks that the choice is between "make (bad) things even worse" or "keep things the same (bad)", but it's dumb to pretend those options are equal.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Infinite Karma posted:

Even if neither party is going to materially improve your conditions, one of them is going to actively make them worse on purpose, that's the republicans. It sucks that the choice is between "make (bad) things even worse" or "keep things the same (bad)", but it's dumb to pretend those options are equal.

weird how this mentality is what keeps us headed straight rightward because the lesser evil is also rightwing

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Infinite Karma posted:

Nah it doesn't matter. They are both the same!!! Exactly the same!!!

I, with all of my heart, loving hate goons that don't vote. You guys should know better. I expect way too much from goons sometimes. Even though I'm a loving failure, I still want to make the lives of Americans better if I have even the slightest amount of hope.

I was a firefighter, an EMT, joined the USMC (whoops, that was a mistake), am a volunteer with a veteran disaster response organization, handed out food to poor people multiple times at a church which I'm not a Christian or believer in, assisted in getting people vaxxes in 2020 when poo poo went down, etc, etc, etc.

It was the cause. To help people that are worse off than me. That's it. I just wanted to help people. I don't give too many shits about myself. I care about other people that don't have it as good as I do.

gently caress you people so hard that don't want to help your fellow Americans by taking 10 minutes out of your day to not just TRY..... loving TRY to make things better for your community.

gently caress all of you.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Nov 9, 2022

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I, with all of my heart, loving hate goons that don't vote. You guys should know better. I expect way too much from goons sometimes. Even though I'm a loving failure, I still want to make the lives of Americans better if I have even the slightest amount of hope.

I was a firefighter, an EMT, joined the USMC (whoops, that was a mistake), am a volunteer with a veteran disaster response organization, handed out food to poor people multiple times at a church which I'm not a Christian or believer in, assisted in getting people vaxxes in 2020 when poo poo went down, etc, etc, etc.

It was the cause. To help people that are worse off than me. That's it. I just wanted to help people. I don't give too many shits about myself. I care about other people that don't have it as good as I do.

gently caress you people so hard that don't want to help your fellow Americans by taking 10 minutes out of your day to not just TRY..... loving TRY to make things better for your community.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

Rectal Death Adept posted:

weird how this mentality is what keeps us headed straight rightward because the lesser evil is also rightwing

There is no accelerationist timeline where a collapse into total republican controlled deathcult hell creates a vanguard which leads a GLORIOUS COMMUNIST REVOLUTION to victory. It loving sucks but at no point in america's history did revolutionary leftism ever have a chance, even in the 1920s-30s and not now either. Its always been a choice between mask-on* fascism that is smart enough to not kill all of the golden egg laying gooses and full on mask-off* Hail Satan. Accelerationism does not work because things can always get worse.

Right-liberal Capitalism stumbled for a bit but it survived every single blow 2015-now has thrown at it, and between 1/6 failing, russia eating poo poo and proving the american hedgemon is not the most rotted out power structure in the world, and successfully defanging attempts by the electoral left to primary their way into the democratic party, I doubt the deathblow is coming anytime soon, so we adapt to the circumstances or just suffer even more and even more pointlessly. At least we have growing unionization as some kind of power growing parity tool. For the forseeable future, the best we can hope for is unionization+ voting+more floyd uprising events when things get especially dire to force the dems to throw crumbs at us or the entire country burns.

*literally and metaphorically
** also literally and metaphorically

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

jesus. you seem fuckin nuts lol

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

LanceHunter posted:

Be honest: How much of your trust fund do you donate to the Chapo Trap House patreon each month?

I pay in cocaine that I leave at a dead drop for Amber.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Gonna keep this imgur tab open tonight so I can link this rapidly.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

That DICK! posted:

jesus. you seem fuckin nuts lol

I apologize but WI hasn't been doing well for a bit. We're trying to recover from bad poo poo. Scott Walker.

WI's abortion ban came like 170 years ago. So it, by default, went into effect when they overturned RvW. It is illegal here. Michels, the GOP trump backed challenger, said that it is "not unreasonable" to force a raped girl to give birth.

Yeah I'm a little worked up tonight dude.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Elephant Ambush posted:

the democrats will never move left until they've been basically forced to do so through lack of votes
that already happened in pretty much the most humiliating way possible in 2016 and they responded by running joe biden

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Also if democrats don't get voted in, republicans just make sure that future voting just will not occur. The amount of damage republicans have done and will do in the course of an election cycle far outweighs whatever kind of message you can send to dem leadership. I loving hate this fake right wing democratic pageantry too but the alternative is turning into a russian style eternal conservative right wing hell hole that can only innovate new ways to torture its population.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Nov 9, 2022

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Ronwayne posted:

Also if democrats don't get voted in, republicans just make sure that future voting just will not occur. The amount of damage republicans have done and will do in the course of an election cycle far outweighs whatever kind of message you can send to dem leadership.

I believe Moore v. Harper is coming up soon in the supreme court.

That is the end of American democracy.

lol it doesn't matter because the literal law of the land, the supreme court, who is appointed by the president........ eh wtf are they gonna do to our rights?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Chinatown posted:

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
looks like weed is a big loser tonight, not sure about maryland their secretary of state website sucks poo poo so I gave up on seeing if it's going to pass there

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Private Cumshoe posted:

looks like weed is a big loser tonight, not sure about maryland their secretary of state website sucks poo poo so I gave up on seeing if it's going to pass there

Not at my house :snoop:

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Private Cumshoe posted:

Is weed gonna lose in South Dakota? I'm in Minneapolis and it would be nice having legal weed 3h away instead of 5h away, but it would also be embarrassing if we got legal weed later than one of the loving Dakotas. I visit Michigan pretty often anyway

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Dude smoke a bowl and chill for the rest of the night man.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

imagine what a miserable poo poo you’d have to be to vote against weed

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

IDK about the other goons but I voted, I just like rightfully complaining about the dems being poo poo. Hope that makes you feel better.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Same. At least I seem to have helped a few local pols win that aren't entirely poo poo.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Buce posted:

imagine what a miserable poo poo you’d have to be to vote against weed

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

jesus christ wtf bro lol

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

feelix posted:

IDK about the other goons but I voted, I just like rightfully complaining about the dems being poo poo. Hope that makes you feel better.

He handed out snacks. Show some respect

feelix
Nov 27, 2016

That DICK! posted:

He handed out snacks. Show some respect

IDK he sounds like he's been through a lot of poo poo and cares a lot about a lot of things. It's OK not to be a cynical rear end in a top hat that pretends to not give a poo poo about anything

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
I gave blood AND voted on Friday, it was a good day of civic duty

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

feelix posted:

IDK he sounds like he's been through a lot of poo poo and cares a lot about a lot of things. It's OK not to be a cynical rear end in a top hat that pretends to not give a poo poo about anything

He is Hammered.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i feel hella sorry for people who cant just walk into a Weed Store and get expertly made, lab tested, weed and weed infused edibles/drinks/creams, etc.

it owns so, so much

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

my dude everything you listed out (except for joining the military) does way more to help your fellow humans than voting so keep doing all that other stuff and press the placebo button every couple years if it makes you feel better

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica

I apologize but WI hasn't been doing well for a bit. We're trying to recover from bad poo poo. Scott Walker.

WI's abortion ban came like 170 years ago. So it, by default, went into effect when they overturned RvW. It is illegal here. Michels, the GOP trump backed challenger, said that it is "not unreasonable" to force a raped girl to give birth.

Yeah I'm a little worked up tonight dude.

One of the best things I ever did was move out of Wisconsin. It's a horrific shithole. There are cool spots, the Tammy Baldwin parts of the state so you can live well through segregation. But those pockets basically exist because they are all white so they can have nice things.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

2nd Amendment posted:

One of the best things I ever did was move out of Wisconsin. It's a horrific shithole. There are cool spots, the Tammy Baldwin parts of the state so you can live well through segregation. But those pockets basically exist because they are all white so they can have nice things.

The Dells seems nice.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

The Dells seems nice.

bottom tier tourist trap shithole but i gotta be honest the water parks are pretty rad

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
Growing up the coolest water park in the Dells was explicitly biblical. I didn't make the connection because I wasn't raised in an Abrahamic religion so while I was familiar with the myth, a myth is just a myth. Looking at how the Wisconsin Idea has evolved, well, no. Christian fascism in plain sight is just that.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Elephant Ambush posted:

my dude everything you listed out (except for joining the military) does way more to help your fellow humans than voting so keep doing all that other stuff and press the placebo button every couple years if it makes you feel better

Directly. Like, hands on their chest directly. That's physical, at the moment, trying to help someone. It's immediate and you have to do what you can right away. You know?

Politics doesn't work like that. It's a slow game. So many loving "leftists" think that if they don't get what they want immediately then it's over and everything is lost. Change doesn't happen immediately, unless you have a literal insurrection (which the right tried). How do you think the right got so far right? A gradual stoking of fear, doubt anger, and hatred.

This is not a loving win or lose game right away. Do your god drat duty and try to pull things farther to the left. Anyone who thinks this is so black and white is a loving moron. Your local municipal building clerk can be elected. They can handle your votes.

You vote for someone leftish, then (since you age, as time works) you vote for someone more left than them. You can see where I'm going with this. If you can't then after that lefter person is voted in, then you can vote for a farther left person.

You will never get your perfect candidate. Ever. I promise you. But you can help us move things in the right direction. I'm in this in the long haul bitches. I want the generation following me to have it better than I did. I have a nephew that I love. He needs a better world than me.

So yeah. gently caress all of you who don't care about other humans.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I’m sorry op. I was joshing

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
I've been playing the long game for 22 years. How long is it?

Republicans give their people what they want. Dems don't. What Republicans want is obscene. But that's immaterial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

So many loving "leftists" think that if they don't get what they want immediately then it's over and everything is lost.

This is a very common misunderstanding of socialism/communism and is basically a strawman. What we want is people who will stand up to capital instead of taking its bribes regardless of the consequences

quote:

So yeah. gently caress all of you who don't care about other humans.

I'm not sure where you got this idea that the people who want to tax the ever loving poo poo out of billionaires and give all that money, for free, to the poor, and also give everyone free health care and a living wage and free secondary education are the ones who don't care about humans