Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Why are you not voting?
This poll is closed.
I am lazy. 34 10.76%
I am dumb. 26 8.23%
I don’t have eight hours to wait in line with no water. 16 5.06%
I lust for death. 49 15.51%
I am too principled to vote for an imperfect candidate. 31 9.81%
I smell like old hamburger meat. 25 7.91%
gently caress you OP, you’re not my dad. 62 19.62%
I am not American. 73 23.10%
Total: 186 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

The gently caress am I doing voting we’re in the Cool Zone baybeeee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Pimpcasso posted:

letting republicans turn the us into amerikkkanistan to own the libs, brave

A blisteringly stupid take. My retinas are smokin!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

LanceHunter posted:

Hrm... If I'm suffering from a lack of votes, do I try to appease a small, hardcore fraction of the least-popular political wing in the country, or do I just say "gently caress it" and write them off while trying to go for the voters who outnumber them 10-to-1?

We've seen this exact strategy fail over and over for literally my entire life. Ross Perot's candidacy helped get Clinton elected. There are a million dead Iraqis because Ralph Nader decided that Al Gore wasn't liberal enough. The "Vote Ron Paul/Audit The Fed/Kill Your Parents" crowd giving up on Republicans helped flip the House to the Democrats in 2006.

But the nasty secret here is that a lot of these folks trying to claim their ideological purity will prevent them from choosing the least-worst options are actually extremely comfortable and don't actually stand to suffer any consequences at all from Republican rule. They are privileged enough to enjoy the luxury of making other people suffer for their politics.

Hey everybody look at this dumb motherfucker. Neoliberals are subhuman trash.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

LanceHunter posted:

Be honest: How much of your trust fund do you donate to the Chapo Trap House patreon each month?

I pay in cocaine that I leave at a dead drop for Amber.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Nah it doesn't matter. They are both the same!!! Exactly the same!!!

I, with all of my heart, loving hate goons that don't vote. You guys should know better. I expect way too much from goons sometimes. Even though I'm a loving failure, I still want to make the lives of Americans better if I have even the slightest amount of hope.

I was a firefighter, an EMT, joined the USMC (whoops, that was a mistake), am a volunteer with a veteran disaster response organization, handed out food to poor people multiple times at a church which I'm not a Christian or believer in, assisted in getting people vaxxes in 2020 when poo poo went down, etc, etc, etc.

It was the cause. To help people that are worse off than me. That's it. I just wanted to help people. I don't give too many shits about myself. I care about other people that don't have it as good as I do.

gently caress you people so hard that don't want to help your fellow Americans by taking 10 minutes out of your day to not just TRY..... loving TRY to make things better for your community.

gently caress all of you.

jesus christ wtf bro lol

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

2nd Amendment posted:

One of the best things I ever did was move out of Wisconsin. It's a horrific shithole. There are cool spots, the Tammy Baldwin parts of the state so you can live well through segregation. But those pockets basically exist because they are all white so they can have nice things.

The Dells seems nice.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Directly. Like, hands on their chest directly. That's physical, at the moment, trying to help someone. It's immediate and you have to do what you can right away. You know?

Politics doesn't work like that. It's a slow game. So many loving "leftists" think that if they don't get what they want immediately then it's over and everything is lost. Change doesn't happen immediately, unless you have a literal insurrection (which the right tried). How do you think the right got so far right? A gradual stoking of fear, doubt anger, and hatred.

This is not a loving win or lose game right away. Do your god drat duty and try to pull things farther to the left. Anyone who thinks this is so black and white is a loving moron. Your local municipal building clerk can be elected. They can handle your votes.

You vote for someone leftish, then (since you age, as time works) you vote for someone more left than them. You can see where I'm going with this. If you can't then after that lefter person is voted in, then you can vote for a farther left person.

You will never get your perfect candidate. Ever. I promise you. But you can help us move things in the right direction. I'm in this in the long haul bitches. I want the generation following me to have it better than I did. I have a nephew that I love. He needs a better world than me.

So yeah. gently caress all of you who don't care about other humans.

how are you still a mod lmao

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Posting through a mental breakdown is not caring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Elephant Ambush posted:

being upset at a lovely broken world is not a mental breakdown wtf is wrong with you people jfc

Lol yea totally normal posting.