Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

seattle has looked relatively good considering, but i suspect they're gonna gas out and be unable to run by like minute 70

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

G-Hawk posted:

seattle has looked relatively good considering, but i suspect they're gonna gas out and be unable to run by like minute 70

I hate that you're probably right :smith:

Pungry posted:

I'll chalk this up as a win if the Sounders only lose by one. Of course, a much bigger win would be getting literally any other jersey sponsor than loving Providence.

Which really sucks if the basically-confirmed Bruce Lee kit is as awesome as it sounds.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

morris has been anonymous in the second half

BelovedWebPatron
Nov 30, 2015

G-Hawk posted:

This is proving prophetic

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

seattle may want to consider making some substitutions

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Only took 85 minutes to make our second sub :shepicide:

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

lol

lmao

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

What the gently caress?

edit: Ah, deflection. Still, gently caress.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
That's a lol. Ah well, good try guys.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

respectable performance for a preseason team that missed the playoffs last year. probably for the best they won't get annihilated by real madrid

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

have seattle's wingers beat the first man even a single time?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Doctor Teeth posted:

have seattle's wingers beat the first man even a single time?

Morris has been bad since 2021 or whenever it was when he tore his other ACL.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Even more people added to Apple's MLS roster, bringing the total to 80(!!!).

At this rate they'll eclipse Chivas USA's home attendance numbers before the season begins.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

2023 USOC format

These teams enter the round of 32 (round 4), everyone else (besides :canada:) in round 3:

Austin
Dallas
LA Galaxy
LAFC
NYCFC
Red Bulls
Orlando
Philadelphia

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
New kits day!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Edward Mass posted:

New kits day!
https://twitter.com/MLS/status/1625923341423869973

Pungry posted:

Of course, a much bigger win would be getting literally any other jersey sponsor than loving Providence.

:hmmyes:

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
The NYRB kit is something:

https://twitter.com/NewYorkRedBulls/status/1625967584897269760?s=20&t=JJgvtIZjuudRhjZaRUbsog

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

These new kits are terrible and MLS is bad at giving everyone so little time before matches start to buy new poo poo.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Good news if you have tmobile, MLS pass is free if you signup next Tuesday (which is the same deal they do for MLB.tv)

https://twitter.com/tmobilenews/status/1626262700132007936

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

And Apple has also partnered with DirecTV so that bars and such can actually show the games legally.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

I'm not sure who exactly gets credit for this but a lot of the new kits being released this week are among the best mls kits i've seen. like 3 years ago every loving kit was the same plain one

heres some of them, they're still being released

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I think the most amazing thing about those kits is how Austin's almost manages single-handedly negate the goodness of the others.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

the toronto kit will be significantly worse than the austin one, if the leaks are accurate

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

whypick1 posted:

I think the most amazing thing about those kits is how Austin's almost manages single-handedly negate the goodness of the others.
Hey, I'll take even an ugly shirt/jersey/kit/jumper/whatever if it at least looks unique.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

The LAFC one looks like something you’d dig out of a litter box, but all in all really good kits.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

threeagainstfour posted:

The LAFC one looks like something you’d dig out of a litter box, but all in all really good kits.
To me it looks like smog on a shirt, a classic homage to Los Angeles traffic.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Crazy Ted posted:

To me it looks like smog on a shirt, a classic homage to Los Angeles traffic.

Ha, I hadn’t thought of it like that.

Speaking of LAFC I am curious to see how their insane fans are going to handle it if they go through the typical post championship slump most of the teams who win MLS cup in this league go through.

threeagainstfour fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Feb 18, 2023

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

threeagainstfour posted:

Ha, I hadn’t thought of it like that.

Speaking of LAFC I am curious to see how their insane fans are going to handle it if they go through the typical post championship slump most of the teams who win MLS cup in this league go through.

I thought they were already boycotting.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

PerniciousKnid posted:

I thought they were already boycotting.

You're thinking of Galaxy fans.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
Video quality is really good for Apple.

https://twitter.com/thegoalkeeper/status/1627106446092521472

https://twitter.com/RobAbramowitz/status/1627105030250659840

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
The Whitney Houston estate is making bank on the RBC ad getting played a ton.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

So is there no way to hide scores in Apple TV? Loaded it up to watch the recaps from the game today, and it showed the scores right there in a nice large font so you can't miss them.

The Orlando/NE game looked good though, that new goalie for NE was impressive today.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

binge crotching posted:

So is there no way to hide scores in Apple TV? Loaded it up to watch the recaps from the game today, and it showed the scores right there in a nice large font so you can't miss them.

The Orlando/NE game looked good though, that new goalie for NE was impressive today.

Petrovic was sensational for us in the second half of last season, it was hardly a drop-off from Turner. There were multiple games they won or drew only because of Petrovic standing on his head for multiple ridiculous saves. It was easily the best transfer the Revs did last year and a rare bright spot in that poo poo show of a season.

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

Who do you think will win the MLS Cup this year and why is it Portland?

For me, it’s not only because they filled that playmaker hole in the middle, but also because Mosquera passes the RB eye test. Team is so confident, they just shipped a starting CB to Charlotte... what could go wrong

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Merritt? Is that you? Why haven't you sold the team already you fuckstain?

BelovedWebPatron
Nov 30, 2015

binge crotching posted:

I don't know what app you're using, but I was able to turn them off in the Roku app's settings menu

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

BelovedWebPatron posted:

I don't know what app you're using, but I was able to turn them off in the Roku app's settings menu

I'm just using the website at tv.apple.com. Good to know that there are options for it on other platforms.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

G-Hawk posted:

Good news if you have tmobile, MLS pass is free if you signup next Tuesday (which is the same deal they do for MLB.tv)

https://twitter.com/tmobilenews/status/1626262700132007936
bumping this, this offer is live now in the tmobile tuesdays app

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

G-Hawk posted:

bumping this, this offer is live now in the tmobile tuesdays app
Between free Extra Innings and now this my T-Moble subscription is trying to slowly pay itself back to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
New playoff format

Thanks! I hate it.