Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhyZodiac
Oct 29, 2015

Ramrod XTreme
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubbles_(chimpanzee)

I was just looking into articles relating to silence being violence in the wake of the me too movement and Bubbles the Chimp was mentioned due to him not speaking out against the atrocities that Michael Jackson committed against every child he ever met in his entire life.

When I went to Bubbles' wikipedia article, I saw no death date and was shocked as I thought he died years ago.

Apparently he his 39 years old and lives in Austin, Texas.

He is seeing out his days at the Center for Great Apes which I find strange as he was always mediocre to me.

This is a shitpost but it is worth it when you read in the wiki article that when MJ's press officer told Bubbles that MJ had died "he went bananas", that was worth it, no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

WhyZodiac posted:

I was just looking into articles relating to silence being violence in the wake of the me too movement and Bubbles the Chimp was mentioned due to him not speaking out against the atrocities that Michael Jackson committed against every child he ever met in his entire life.

When I went to Bubbles' wikipedia article, I saw no death date and was shocked as I thought he died years ago.

Apparently he his 39 years old and lives in Austin, Texas.

He is seeing out his days at the Center for Great Apes which I find strange as he was always mediocre to me.

This is a shitpost but it is worth it when you read in the wiki article that when MJ's press officer told Bubbles that MJ had died "he went bananas", that was worth it, no?

gently caress yeah Bubbles. Let's celebrate our 40th together next year

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
lol cool

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
bubbles will outlive us all, just like jimmy carter.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

thin blue whine posted:

bubbles will outlive us all, just like jimmy carter.

sitting around drinking Billy Beer

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Hows about Bubbles the Chump?

got. his. rear end.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

WhyZodiac posted:

According to Robert Thompson, professor of popular culture at Syracuse University, Jackson's acquisition of Bubbles was "when the weirdness began to reach mythic proportions". Jackson and Bubbles' bond, as well as Jackson's other alleged eccentricities, contributed to the media nickname "Wacko Jacko", which Jackson came to despise. The media often focused on Bubbles, rather than Jackson's music, and published false stories, such as the allegation that Bubbles was not a single ape, but one of several. A later claim suggested that Bubbles had died; Jackson's press agent Lee Solters told reporters that "when Bubbles heard about his demise he went bananas... Like Mark Twain, his death is grossly exaggerated and he's alive and doing well."
The media also falsely reported that Bubbles would be the ringbearer at Elizabeth Taylor's wedding at Neverland Ranch in 1991; according to The New York Times, it was "an idea that some newspapers found too delightful not to report." The National Enquirer claimed that the musician Prince had used extrasensory perception to turn Bubbles crazy. According to the story, Jackson said: "What kind of sicko would mess with a monkey? This is the final straw. Poor, poor Bubbles."

:lol::lol:

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
The future is solid with this one.

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Curiously, Bubbles' long history of molesting young monkeys has been largely forgotten because as we all know: monkey see, monkey do.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

quote:

According to CNN, Jackson and his children visited Bubbles and played with the other animals at the ranch.[25] "[Jackson] still acts like a kid around them", Dunn said.[25] The Washington Times, however, claimed Jackson did not visit Bubbles, despite Jackson's representative having stated that he would like to meet him again.[26] Shortly afterward, in December 2003, it was claimed that Bubbles had attempted suicide.[nb 2][31][32] He was supposedly taken to a hospital in time to be saved.[32]

hows that work. what does a chimp suicide attempt look like

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Ape Escape

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGBhQbmPwH8

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Chimp suicide is no joke!

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

That DICK! posted:

Jumps out of the tree bro

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

did he leave a note. maybe he just fell.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Suicide by cop via attempted face ripping?

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

Poor gently caress thought he wrote DNR on his chest before he jumped but he actually wrote LOL

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

got a handful of feces in his throwing hand and a bottle of vodka to give him the strength

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Rocky Raccoon checked into his room.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

That DICK! posted:

You've seen that horrible video where the chimp orally rapes a frog, no doubt killing the poor ampibian in the process. Well chimp suicide is similar, except the chimp offers the use of his mouth to the nearest elephant.

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

BigBadSteve posted:

You've seen that horrible video where the chimp orally rapes a frog, no doubt killing the poor ampibian in the process. Well chimp suicide is similar, except the chimp offers the use of his mouth to the nearest elephant.

Gotta say, "chimp orally raping a frog" is something i haven't watched. In fact, uhh you might be one of the only ones seen it here and that's saying something

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

BigBadSteve posted:

Lol no way

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I'm pretty sure they were joking ichabod tane

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
That chimpanzee has seen some poo poo. Thrown some too.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Hector Delgado posted:

That chimpanzee has seen some poo poo. Thrown some too.

:hmmyes:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Milo and POTUS posted:

I'm pretty sure they were joking ichabod tane

It's on YouTube, and uhh... it's a thing to behold.

Poor frog.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
No I meant about the elephant

Henry Lee Mucus
Dec 11, 2003

sigher posted:

It's on YouTube, and uhh... it's a thing to behold.

Poor frog.

Don’t yuck my yums

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

How curious that Bubbles declined to speak of MJ even after his death, as if he was complicit in everything.

Fess up you ape, I know about you and the Elephant Man manipulating everything from behind the scenes!

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Loved his cameo in "Nope"

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Bubbles died and lives on King Kai's planet where Goku can try to catch him, please try to keep up OP.

1secondpersecond
Nov 12, 2008

Bubbles, buried in this jungle. Poor, poor bubbles.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

bubbles hosed me

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Contact my lawyer, we're getting a class action lawsuit going!

A disclosure of any and all STIs and injuries you may have contacted during the activity would be great too.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
make bubs a mod so we can have one wiht a working brain

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Well of course you'd suggest that you simian fornicator!

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Prince using his psychic powers to gently caress with Bubbles. Poor, poor Bubbles!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Remember that a psychic attack from beyond the grave is always preceded by purple rain, when you see it seek shelter immediately.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Bubbles keeping the beat.

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Moonwalker arcade game remake when?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

hey hey we're the monkeys, people say we monkey around

haha remember that?

good song