Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

comforthawk
Apr 15, 2018

- ain't dead yet despite wanting to be dead for most of my life
- admirable fiber intake
- write pretty okay
- when I do have the energy/motivation to draw I do that pretty okay too
- friends laugh at my jokes and it's not forced I don't think
- ended up nothing like any of my parents
- very well washed rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Dude it was 1995, I wish I still had that stuff but lost a lot due to life. I was angry about them killing off a hero named Jack O' Lantern and was super dramatic about it, like "now we'll NEVER know what he could have done" type poo poo. It was awful yet I made it in print woohoo

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Hector Delgado posted:

Dude it was 1995, I wish I still had that stuff but lost a lot due to life. I was angry about them killing off a hero named Jack O' Lantern and was super dramatic about it, like "now we'll NEVER know what he could have done" type poo poo. It was awful yet I made it in print woohoo

you were 11 years old in 1995.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Ok sure that sounds good

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
Lol that a letter to a comic book provoked the most response in this thread. No seriously, I love Goons.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Wifi Toilet posted:

Lol that a letter to a comic book provoked the most response in this thread. No seriously, I love Goons.

it wasn't the letter it was the poster. also he needs to put up or shut up

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I'm proud that despite living a life that was like a series of stitched-together "very important" after-school-specials I finally pulled my head out, stopped hating myself, and knocked out both an undergraduate and a graduate degree in under 6 years.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I'm tall and I can sing bass

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I'm proud that despite living a life that was like a series of stitched-together "very important" after-school-specials I finally pulled my head out, stopped hating myself, and knocked out both an undergraduate and a graduate degree in under 6 years.

nice. now I am proud of you as well

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
i could tell you but then i'd have to kill you

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Junk posted:

i could tell you but then i'd have to kill you

I am proud of you anyway

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

nice. now I am proud of you as well

Thanks, Mumpy. I might not always feel like my best self, but I know I am miles away from my worst self at this point.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Thanks, Mumpy. I might not always feel like my best self, but I know I am miles away from my worst self at this point.

I hope your arc continues to ascend

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

CaptainSarcastic posted:

good. Just be the best person you can. I am always proud of you

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

comforthawk posted:

- very well washed rear end

You joke but this is legit.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Nelson Mandingo posted:

You joke but this is legit.

all jokes aside, that was what i was going to go with too

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uldt6Y-CE3s

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I'm proud this website community has managed to limp along despite tyrannical moderation which aims to snuff out all posting

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Smugworth posted:

I'm proud this website community has managed to limp along despite tyrannical moderation which aims to snuff out all posting

yeah. I haven't been banned in years. What is wrong with those assholes?

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

I'm a special kind of asshole!
I'm proud of myself for having gone into the Army as a homeless dropout during the recession with quite literally only the shirt on my back and no money, and coming out and making a life for myself from literally nothing. All my successes and failures since 2008 are purely my own; what I have I put together myself. I'm proud, but I'm also lucky, and content.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Vile_Nihlist666 posted:

I'm proud of myself for having gone into the Army as a homeless dropout during the recession with quite literally only the shirt on my back and no money, and coming out and making a life for myself from literally nothing. All my successes and failures since 2008 are purely my own; what I have I put together myself. I'm proud, but I'm also lucky, and content.

Hey! Im proud of you too buddy

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
-my kids are really good looking

-popping cop car tires and not getting caught

-i have a way cooler wife than i deserve

-my kenzo shorts

that's about it

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

kntfkr posted:

-my kids are really good looking

-popping cop car tires and not getting caught

-i have a way cooler wife than i deserve

-my kenzo shorts

that's about it

all those things seem great. I am proud of you too

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

I'm a special kind of asshole!

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Hey! Im proud of you too buddy

Well, thanks man!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Vile_Nihlist666 posted:

Well, thanks man!

keep doing what youre doing my friend

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

all those things seem great. I am proud of you too

thanks mumpy puffinz. u seeing mclusky at underground arts next month?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

kntfkr posted:

thanks mumpy puffinz. u seeing mclusky at underground arts next month?

no.are you?

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

i'm proud of all the photoshop thread entries i've made that nobody emptyquoted. i still love you, fellas!

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Smugworth posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

solidarity with my forums enemy :eyepop:

but also haha

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

teen witch posted:

A lot more care than you’d ever expect. Art is loving hard, and can feel like you’re disemboweling yourself. Give yourself some credit.

I appreciate the comment, however I don't feel anyone cares because I'm a mental trainwreck.

I guess I should be proud I can admit that, I guess.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

it wasn't the letter it was the poster. also he needs to put up or shut up

I managed to finally find it online, all the doubters can go to hell

Man I was emo back then

(I'm gonna regret this but I ain't no liar)

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
I went 5 days without a drink or drug and I had no noticeable withdrawal symptoms this time.

Tonight, I had a little bump, a bottle of bubbles and a pint of mezcal and I don't feel the need to have anything more.

Yesterday, I made a banging pesto pasta.

Two days ago, I was much less aroused by Bad Guys than I expected to be.

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003
I’m pretty good at sculpting Orks

I can’t paint them though

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOf6HXPPeQ4

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I’ve had a lovely morning before I got out of bed, so I’m going to try and be positive unless if it kills me, which I’m certain it will.

- I’m fortunate enough to have saved some money over time. When my credit card decides to take two weeks to pull a payment AND someone needs to borrow money, I can safely handle it.

- I’m working on being “kinder to myself” and it feels like a joke but I manage to play my part as jester. I’m hoping that if I do it enough, perhaps I won’t feel like I’m totally faking it. I’m happy that I’ve made it this far

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

teen witch posted:

I’ve had a lovely morning before I got out of bed, so I’m going to try and be positive unless if it kills me, which I’m certain it will.

- I’m fortunate enough to have saved some money over time. When my credit card decides to take two weeks to pull a payment AND someone needs to borrow money, I can safely handle it.

- I’m working on being “kinder to myself” and it feels like a joke but I manage to play my part as jester. I’m hoping that if I do it enough, perhaps I won’t feel like I’m totally faking it. I’m happy that I’ve made it this far

You are great. Don't beat yourself up.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

You are great. Don't beat yourself up.

I’m trying to not make a self-deprecating joke and humbly say thank you and accept the compliment.

(breaking destructive cycles loving sucks 0/10 do not recommend)

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

teen witch posted:

I’m trying to not make a self-deprecating joke and humbly say thank you and accept the compliment.

(breaking destructive cycles loving sucks 0/10 do not recommend)

I've gotten better at taking positive feedback, but compliments still make me internally cringe to some extent. Still a work in progress, but progress has been made.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

That sounds very familiar.

Knuckle up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I'm proud of Teen Witch