Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I could toss sixers for that but it isn’t “contributing to my growth”, so I’ll smile uncomfortably.

I admittedly made this thread to maybe kind of see how others do it, but now I’m mostly proud of you all. Not all of you, most of you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Honestly I'm pretty proud of my music collection, the system I've developed to catalogue it, the way it facilitates my DJing hobby, and yeah - if I can be a bit self-important for a moment, the technical skills I've honed as a DJ and used to create a vibe and energy level are something for which I'm immensely proud.

I've been pretty depressed lately and trying to force myself to do creative things has been difficult, but curating tunes has been a constant, something of an anchor through it all. I know I'm pretty good at it, and while it certainly isn't as directly creative as actually writing music or taking photographs, I am proud of how I've been almost unconsciously driven to continue doing it for so long.

If only I could find a similar gear to incorporate scratching, or hell, even learn a stringed instrument.

EDIT: I'm also really proud of my cat, who is just the most handsome goofy sweet simple little man.

Mister Speaker fucked around with this message at 09:45 on Nov 7, 2022

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde
I hit six years sober last week.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

DickParasite posted:

I hit six years sober last week.

Give it up for DickParasite

edit: I can't get to six days

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Give it up for DickParasite

edit: I can't get to six days

The first week's the hardest.

I'll be proud of you if you get to 24 hours.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I've tried a lot of times. One of them is going to stick.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Six years is massive tho! Rock on!

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

I've tried a lot of times. One of them is going to stick.

Hell yeah. There's a good recovery thread in TCC with a Discord server. Another thread in E/N. The /r/stopdrinking community is pretty great too.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

DickParasite posted:

Hell yeah. There's a good recovery thread in TCC with a Discord server. Another thread in E/N. The /r/stopdrinking community is pretty great too.

Hell of a sixer Dick. I'd be proud too.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Hector Delgado posted:

I managed to finally find it online, all the doubters can go to hell

Man I was emo back then

(I'm gonna regret this but I ain't no liar)

Hell yeah! I wish I were passionate about something enough to write a letter about it.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

I am proud that a month ago today I married my wife, on our ten year anniversary of meeting, we both looked incredible, and I paid for it all myself. We had an amazing time.

Oh, and I lost 23KG in the last year.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Songs in I minor. :smuggo:

:dunkedon:

ClamdestineBoyster fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Nov 7, 2022

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Songs in I minor. :smuggo:

:dunkedon:

Care to explain? Or will you just take the sixer?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

teen witch posted:

Care to explain? Or will you just take the sixer?

Heck of a way to ask for some dubplates. :banjo:

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Proud of my boy Wolfgang's progress. From

to

and now.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
I used to be known at work as an angry person. Short tempered, combative, etc. I switched careers to one I love a few years back and now people at work routinely comment on how positive and optimistic I am. Old me still occasionally slips out, and it seems to delight people who see it as wildly out of character for me.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Slugworth posted:

I used to be known at work as an angry person. Short tempered, combative, etc. I switched careers to one I love a few years back and now people at work routinely comment on how positive and optimistic I am. Old me still occasionally slips out, and it seems to delight people who see it as wildly out of character for me.

I made a similar change leaving my cooking career behind and I'm proud of you too Slugworth

Holla Inshallah
Sep 9, 2022

by Azathoth
I have a job interview lined up for when I move back to my home state

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Smugworth posted:

I made a similar change leaving my cooking career behind and I'm proud of you too Slugworth
I'm proud of you for leaving cooking, which as I understand it, is a full fledged never ending nightmare of stress and grease fires.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Don't forget substance abuse

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

I’m proud of my wife’s business. She runs a children’s process arts studio and makes it very accessible for neuro divergent children. It doesn’t make any money but it’s about community and expression more than a paycheque. Putting that diploma in childhood development to work at least.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I graduated highschool and college despite having bad adhd and being a kid of a single mother who was poor as poo poo and had severe anger issues.

I am one of the few members of my family to avoid both alcoholism and prison.

I have a good career and comfy lifestyle. Have about a years worth of expenses in the ol emergency fund.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Holla Inshallah posted:

I have a job interview lined up for when I move back to my home state

I hope you get the job!