Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Richarlison puts on the Brasil shirt and turns into R9 apparently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

de curry GOAT posted:

Richarlison puts on the Brasil shirt and turns into R9 apparently

Complete opposite of the others who play 10 times worse when they aren't on an European league team

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Neymar and Danilo are hurt and won't play again in the group stage. Might come back before the end of the cup depending on how Brazil does.

Lol Daniel Alves.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Richarlison is a good lad who means well and I'm thrilled that he's stolen Neymar's thunder.

fabiopenz
Jun 22, 2015

joepinetree posted:

Neymar and Danilo are hurt and won't play again in the group stage. Might come back before the end of the cup depending on how Brazil does.

Lol Daniel Alves.

Truly an impressive homage from Neymar to Bolsonaro.

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Looked like a different team when Neymar came off (for the better), if you are lucky he'll not be fit for the knockout rounds

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

joepinetree posted:

Lol Daniel Alves.

pretty sure militao can play right back

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Alctel posted:

Looked like a different team when Neymar came off (for the better), if you are lucky he'll not be fit for the knockout rounds

The only thing funnier than Neymar getting injured would be him being out for the tournament and Brazil winning without him

I’m almost certain he would chuck on a full kit and accept the trophy despite playing almost no part in it

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

webmeister posted:

The only thing funnier than Neymar getting injured would be him being out for the tournament and Brazil winning without him

I’m almost certain he would chuck on a full kit and accept the trophy despite playing almost no part in it

Ah the John.Terry approach

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007

Alctel posted:

Ah the John.Terry approach

But would Neymar hit on a team mate’s wife?

nvm

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Beffer posted:

But would Neymar hit on a team mate’s wife?

nvm

He likes to keep it in the family

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
So apparently the swelling is down, he is walking normally, should be back against Cameroon, and potentially against Switzerland.

I don't know which is funnier:

- that he playacted through his injury to seem more hurt than he was and was taken aback by people in Brazil celebrating him being hurt or
- he is going to play injured because he realized that if the team plays better in his absence his stock would be even lower.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

joepinetree posted:

So apparently the swelling is down, he is walking normally, should be back against Cameroon, and potentially against Switzerland.

I don't know which is funnier:

- that he playacted through his injury to seem more hurt than he was and was taken aback by people in Brazil celebrating him being hurt or
- he is going to play injured because he realized that if the team plays better in his absence his stock would be even lower.

Meanwhile, it seems like Danilo's injury was actually worse than expected and HE might be out for way longer.

The universe has a very cruel sense of humor.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I love Bruno g and joelinton and since neither seem to really be playing/not called up I want to see neymar in tears

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

ugly game...

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Apparently Gabriel Jesus and Alex Telles are both out injured for the rest of the World Cup.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

vyelkin posted:

Apparently Gabriel Jesus and Alex Telles are both out injured for the rest of the World Cup.

I didn't even know Manchester United legend Alex Telles was at the World Cup.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

https://twitter.com/brfootball/status/1599037319327031296

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Can't believe Brazil would kill Pele to motivate the players to win a world cup

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

the sex ghost posted:

Can't believe Brazil would kill Pele to motivate the players to win a world cup

au contraire, brazil lost its poo poo when neymar broke his arse, the meltdown following this is going to be colossal

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

This looks like a mug shot after a DUI.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/rehnato/status/1599186818188316672?s=46&t=SUkFKvS7GF_wwdV64yDtXQ

Uh oh

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Oh poo poo, Arsenal had better do some good signings in Jan

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
não é bom

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

Thanks Ants posted:

Oh poo poo, Arsenal had better do some good signings in Jan

even if they do it won't matter

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Apparently Neymar is starting on the bench and coming on as a substitute if needed against Korea. I just want whatever the result that does the most harm to his image to happen.

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

joepinetree posted:

I just want whatever the result that does the most harm to his image to happen.

i disagree: i do not need to see neymar gently caress a dog at the halfway line on monday afternoon

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Big Black Dick posted:

i disagree: i do not need to see neymar gently caress a dog at the halfway line on monday afternoon

Didn't know his sister was in Qatar

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

:whitewater:

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

lmao

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Insult neymar, not some random woman

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Vegetable posted:

His mom's there too. :henget:

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
havent been able to see the brazil games, did jesus even get on the pitch before he tanked arsenal?

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Vegetable posted:

Someone's not familiar with Neymar's family values I see

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

We're back?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis posted:

We're back?

lol

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004
Brazilch.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Bitchzil

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Huge lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Updating the OP to reflect that it is the 6th time Brazil loses or is eliminated in the knock out rounds by an European team.

2006 - France 1 Brazil 0
2010 - Netherlands 2 Brazil 1
2014- Germany 7 - Brazil 1
2014- Netherlands 3 Brazil 0
2018 - Belgium 2 Brazil 1
2022- Croatia 1 Brazil 1, 4-2 in pks

4 goals for, 16 goals against.

Longest drought without a finals appearance confirmed.