Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
I like the taste of pickles, especially on a burger, but I don’t like the slimy, wet texture. So what I recently started doing is marinating shredded iceberg lettuce in pickle juice. And I top the burger with that. Is this a known thing? Surely throughout the history of human cooking, somebody thought of this. I alway dress my burgers and sandwiches with shredded iceberg lettuce for the texture. My wife, friends and family treat me like a weirdo when I mention this iceberg/pickle hybrid. Granted, I may be a weirdo, but I think my argument is valid. Pickle Lettuce should be a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.

Hutla posted:

Buy better pickles.

No!!! Out of the jar, pickles are fine. But when you put them on a hot burger they wilt after a couple of minutes. It has nothing to do with the quality of the pickle. I find that pickled iceberg lettuce is vastly superior in crunch and taste to lettuce + pickle.