Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
https://twitter.com/ESPNFC/status/1595531810565689345

There's 10 Canadians for every Croatian.

More seriously, holy crap Canada was good today. I hope y'all have the legs to do that for two more games, because then you'll be the one CONCACAF nation to move on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DutchDupe
Dec 25, 2013

How does the kitty cat go?

...meow?

Very gooood.
gently caress me john

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Canada played great. They will roll Croatia and Morocco.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

mallratcal posted:

Canada played great. They will roll Croatia and Morocco.

I didn't watch the game cause it was at like 2 am in Western Canada but from the highlights the one thing I notice is that both of those teams look like they have some real quality delivery from set pieces. If Canada can sew the details in their game up I see no reason they can't win against either, but I have a feeling that even in a best case scenario it will feel like walking a tightrope.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

If we play like that against Croatia and Morocco were going through 100%, and after watching the qualifying there's no reason to think we won't keep up the intensity. Wooo let's go les boys

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:
I think it should be noted that Belgium for some reason decided to not challenge the midfield and also not tighten up space in general. Other, more organised teams, will make it much harder to play though them.

The idea that Canada playing like this would beat Morocco and Croatia doesn’t take into account that those two teams won’t let Canada play the same sort of game. Or at least try to.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
https://twitter.com/CanadaSoccerEN/status/1595549000526020608?t=KBzbjW_Imohl9AT7F8xBHA&s=19

Like look at this poo poo

Suck on it fancy stat nerds

:sigh:

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

Looking at this poo poo it looks like Canada lost 1-0

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

L.H.O.O.Q. posted:

I think it should be noted that Belgium for some reason decided to not challenge the midfield and also not tighten up space in general. Other, more organised teams, will make it much harder to play though them.

The idea that Canada playing like this would beat Morocco and Croatia doesn’t take into account that those two teams won’t let Canada play the same sort of game. Or at least try to.

Yeah but Canada won't have to face Curtois in net either. It's almost as though different teams are different :thunk:

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

L.H.O.O.Q. posted:

Why bother when you can just hoof it over the top and score like you are Millwall or some poo poo

Seriously that was an annoying goal to give away, route one football is like the first thing you learn to defend against

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Alctel posted:

Why bother when you can just hoof it over the top and score like you are Millwall or some poo poo

Seriously that was an annoying goal to give away, route one football is like the first thing you learn to defend against

It's the same type of goal they gave up against Japan in the friendly too

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Reckon they'll get something against Croatia who are slow and old like Belgium but dont have possibly the best non ilan meslier keeper in the world

Morocco I dunno

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Don't underestimate Croatia, they have a midfielder they're calling the Croatian Luka Modric

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

Another Bill posted:

It's almost as though different teams are different :thunk:

That’s exactly my point…saying Canada playing like they did today but vs Morocco and Croatia is gonna get wins, doesn’t take into account that they probably won’t give you acres of space in midfield like known fraud Bobby Martinez’s Belgium did

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

the sex ghost posted:

Reckon they'll get something against Croatia who are slow and old like Belgium but dont have possibly the best non ilan meslier keeper in the world

Morocco I dunno

Morocco was a team I had circled as a potential darkhorse to advance surprisingly far in the tournament.. they have some brilliant players in their young to mid 20's who play for some of the biggest clubs in Europe. I would really prefer for Canada to get their first goal(s) / win out of the way against Croatia because I think Morocco will be a much stiffer challenge than many suspect, would not be surprised at all to see them beat Belgium on Sunday if Belgium doesn't improve dramatically.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Some homegrown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23eWbkvYdtg

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I remember back when I was the only Winnipeg soccer fan.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Canada practicing penalties lol

https://twitter.com/CanadaSoccerEN/status/1595917365656502272?t=S-a5KU5XcoQ_fYi6Qxou_g&s=19

The third string goalie won haha

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

incredible disrespect shown towards the Croatian national football team, implying that the Canadians don't need to take practice seriously to hang with the runners up of world cup 2018

I really wish Herdman had just doubled down when pressed by their media, gently caress the Croatians they suck rear end and they looked like poo poo in their first match. Canada can win!

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
https://twitter.com/kristianjack/status/1596112566878715906?s=46&t=bzXFVq27e5Z5M1pxJE5U6g

I think this means we’ve really made it?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Really need to beat them and for him to do a cojones gesture to seal it but yer you’re on your way

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

seems like a lot of noise about nothing

stab
Feb 12, 2003

ilmucche posted:

seems like a lot of noise about nothing

It's Herdman Mind GamesTM

Nobody's talking about the team or the penalty miss....

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity
e: Wrong thread!

Porrima fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Nov 25, 2022

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I'm glad Herdman keeps it clean and shaved down there because that's the way I pictured him already

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Croatia is overrated.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Lol yeah I'm sure the Herdman and Canadians are terrified of this team of geriatrics, should be a blast to watch on Sunday morning

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Wow, all the old dudes on the TSN soccer panel are sure clutching their pearls over what Herdman said.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

MakaVillian posted:

Wow, all the old dudes on the TSN soccer panel are sure clutching their pearls over what Herdman said.

Kristian jack needs to calm the gently caress down too

*points to Op stating they'll be exciting, fun and will get beaten*

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
Tsk tsk a lot of ageism ITT...

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Doctor Malaver posted:

Tsk tsk a lot of ageism ITT...

IDK I am an old and I am pretty loving certain that Fonzie would run me into a heart attack/early* grave

*by some measures, being an old

stab
Feb 12, 2003

https://twitter.com/NGoloMatchday/status/1525437027616948225?t=egqw-H5xk_rd0t17QV4DmQ&s=19

stab
Feb 12, 2003

https://twitter.com/CanadaSoccerEN/status/1596876539689566211?t=BlnRK6ptyrh0RgIx5qqJkg&s=19

One change

Larin in for Hoilett

tomanton
May 22, 2006

beam me up, tomato
We'll be fine. Maybe. Would've been nice to see Adekugbe in

stab
Feb 12, 2003

tomanton posted:

We'll be fine. Maybe. Would've been nice to see Adekugbe in

He'll sub in for Laryea after Laryea poo poo disturbs and causes half of the Croatian team to headbutt him

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Getting sloppy at 10am :cheers:

Wippersnapper
Nov 1, 2003

Stealing your favourite hockey teams
...in spirit.
That Borjan piece on TSN had me feeling emotional. Put a pair of sweats on the man and let’s go get it.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Just have a good game today, lads

Also step on their throats.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Sweatpants Dad > Teebow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Our first ever WC goal, baby!!