Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Great OP op

I moved to Canada 17 years ago and stoked that they are in the world Cup finally! Gonna be fun going to pubs for the games

Hope they don't play England (my birth country) though, that could get a bit awkward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

jettisonedstuff posted:

Never heard either of those. This is one IMO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upsZZ2s3xv8

https://youtu.be/qjLBXb1kgMo

May get a jersey, where do you get them from nowadays?

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Obvious choice would be the Beagle in Victoria but the owner suuucks so I'm boycotting it

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Could see Canada putting a couple past Blegum to be honest

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Maybe I'm just dumb but I fully see Canada either nicking a draw or a win here

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Watching TSN and getting stoked

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

While also being sad it's not a summer world cup like usual, this is so dumb

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Slapped a cheeky fiver on Canada winning at 5-1

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

L.H.O.O.Q. posted:

I think it should be noted that Belgium for some reason decided to not challenge the midfield and also not tighten up space in general. Other, more organised teams, will make it much harder to play though them.

The idea that Canada playing like this would beat Morocco and Croatia doesn’t take into account that those two teams won’t let Canada play the same sort of game. Or at least try to.

Why bother when you can just hoof it over the top and score like you are Millwall or some poo poo

Seriously that was an annoying goal to give away, route one football is like the first thing you learn to defend against

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Not bad but you can really see the difference between Canada and more experienced international teams - Canada just lacks the cutting edge that other teams do.

Not even sure it's a question of player quality, not sure what it is.

4-1 I feel was a bit unflattering

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Second half wasn't bad, team just looked completely unused to playing at the world cup. No killer edge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Bilirubin posted:

I mean, looks like we were in the real Group of Death now

Yeah seriously