Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jmnmu
Nov 21, 2004
f
Gotta love this team, especially this particular version with all kinds of ages coming together. So happy to see Hutchinson get rewarded for carrying the national team for the better part of the last 20 years and still captaining Besiktas. David and Davies are the obvious big guns, but outside that Buchanan, Adekugbe, Larin, and Borjan have all made big impacts for Canada. Their MLSers can step up to the plate well enough too, Koné, Osorio, Laryea, and Johnston have all contributed. They'll make it hard on whoever they're playing, it will be a tight and hard fought group, one of the toughest in the tournament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jmnmu
Nov 21, 2004
f

mila kunis posted:

is canada a one man team like wales

could make an argument for either David or Davies being the best player in CONCACAF. Eustaquio, Buchanan, Hutchinson, and Borjan are all solid and have decent champions league experience. Larin scored the most goals in international football in 2021 I believe, and had a great season with Besiktas a year ago. Adekugbe, Jr. Hoilett, and Vitoria also have all played in Europe a long time. Overall the squad is pretty good, we outplayed both Mexico and the US during the qualifying period.

Total Meatlove posted:

This is Scott Arfield erasure

guy apparently was unwelcome in the dressing room by the end of it. the team really took off after he was dropped

jmnmu
Nov 21, 2004
f
Eustaquio scored again today, he's absolutely tearing it up for Porto. 4 goals and 2 assists in his last 5 games.

abuse culture. posted:

Congratulations to Canada for managing to steal a late 2-2 draw against World Cup favourites Bahrain today

It was a second or even third string Canadian squad, mostly MSLers who haven't played in a while to get back into shape

jmnmu
Nov 21, 2004
f

stab posted:

I'll be at Bar Frappe unless I have a pre-game nervous meltdown and decide screaming at my tv is a safer option

this will likely be my world cup watching place as well, was great in 2018