Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Arven posted:

I don't get yall doing mail in and early voting when the republicans are doing everything in their power to make those not count. The fact that record numbers of early votes and mail in ballots have been cast everywhere is terrifying as it just gives the republicans something to point at as an excuse if they lose.
I'm in a lovely red state where the GOP has literally thumbed its nose and ignored its supreme court on redistricting, so I have zero faith in my mail-in ballot being counted, but I vote early with a "real" ballot at the BOE every year and it's EZPZ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

fknlo posted:

I hate to break this to you, but the right already won.
Even if they don't retake official reins of power, it's this.

There are millions of fully radicalized people who believe batshit insane things and no longer share a reality with the rest of us because their entire reality is an ouroboros of bullshit and conspiracy fed to them by the right wing media machine. We have no means of deprogramming them, if they even can be. Things will never be "normal" again, at least through the ballot box.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Grip it and rip it posted:

Surprisingly this isn't a new phenomenon - it's simply more visible than it ever has been. People have always believed fantastically stupid things. Maybe politicians actively engaging with their hair-brained beliefs at this scale is new but targeting dummys definitely isn't.
Yeah. But the contents of the John Birch Society newsletter didn't used to be broadcast on several 24/7 networks. And social media is a lot more convenient than ham radio for talking about it.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

shame on an IGA posted:

Meanwhile now we're coming up on 15 years of everyone in the world carrying a tv production studio, mobile newsvan, and transmitter tower in their pocket 24/7
I'm not a historian, but the difference between Father Coughlin broadcasting racist bullshit from Mexico and this seems like the difference between a fire arrow and a cruise missile.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

Looks like the Dems are also on track to flip Pennsylvania's legislative and they have the Governor's seat.
Meanwhile, Ohio managed to give every state-wide office to the GOP and Tim Ryan lost his senate race by 6.6 points to loving JD Vance by running a campaign that was basically "I'm almost a republican, I swear." Though he did 1.5 points better than Biden despite alienating anyone left of Mitt Romney, so I guess there's that?

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

psydude posted:

Sure, but the US senator slot is statewide race.
Yeah. It's this. Ohio is a solid red state by about 8 points, and that's not changing without some demographic changes. And the demographic changes that are happening are moving the needle more red.

Also, ohio has a fair districting law that won by a landslide. The Ohio GOP ignored it and created multiple maps that were declared unconstitutional by the state supreme court, and said "oh yeah, what are you gunna do about it?" and held the election anyway. Then the GOP swept the state supreme court justice elections.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Handsome Ralph posted:

I mean we've had 10+ years of Tea Party/MAGA/Joe Manchin ads of them shooting guns at legislation and stuff, so for Master's ad to come across as :chloe: now to most people is pretty funny.
Eh, in this case I think its more "check out this weird almost human talking about his gun" than "omg a politician threatening people with a gun."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

Bumping for the FINAL election ongoing right now: GA-SEN. The current 9pm EST is basically a lot of this:

https://twitter.com/StuPolitics/status/1600311611981455361?t=S6Zeuwsj4vJsOEmhfm7D7Q&s=19

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1600312808117309440?t=6T0-l6S4hIiF-00qVtuqwA&s=19

Walker currently under his needed margins, Warnock currently over them, looking like a 2-3 point Warnock win, barring something really weird out of Atlanta and the ATL burbs.
It's a loving national embarrassment that the vote is anywhere near close.