Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

stealie72 posted:

Even if they don't retake official reins of power, it's this.

There are millions of fully radicalized people who believe batshit insane things and no longer share a reality with the rest of us because their entire reality is an ouroboros of bullshit and conspiracy fed to them by the right wing media machine. We have no means of deprogramming them, if they even can be. Things will never be "normal" again, at least through the ballot box.

It's going to take generations to weed this poo poo out even if it started right now.

It's like a fad that gets old after a few years only, instead of it being "pet rock", it's "we're embracing fascism because the orange man said so and also said that democrats are the badguy, not him!".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Grip it and rip it posted:

Surprisingly this isn't a new phenomenon - it's simply more visible than it ever has been. People have always believed fantastically stupid things. Maybe politicians actively engaging with their hair-brained beliefs at this scale is new but targeting dummys definitely isn't.

I did same day registration in Washington and sent in my ballot! I'm part of the solution! I didn't get a loving sticker though so the whole thing felt kind of like a pointless bureaucratic exercise...

Idiots with power and a platform on which to make it a thing justify idiots without them (in their minds) having Bad Opinions because someone who was never even close to being adjusted socially said so on the TV picture box!

It doesn't help that 1 of the 2 political parties in this country was so weak that it was hijacked by a septogenarian who has never been told no in his life and, when he finally was, didn't like it one bit and decided to try to take a match to the country because he was pouty.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

davecrazy posted:

Is this gonna be a bloodbath for Democrats?

I just hope they keep the Senate. That's a win for me. Anything else is a bonus.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

facialimpediment posted:

As of 10PM EST, I don't see a single election caller saying it's a red wave. Outside of Florida, Democrats are winning a few toss-ups (Spanberger), while winning Republican reaches (CO-SEN) just aren't close. But Republicans don't need a wave, so it's still a senate toss-up with a heavily favored house flip. Georgia's probably iffy and trending runoff due to the libertarian pulling 2%, who knows on that one.

CBS says it might be a Red Ripple at best and the slimmer majority in the House, the harder it will be to get for them to get consensus to agree between those who kiss the ring versus those who might take their orders from other Rs.

They also said Jim banks from Indiana is going to throw his hat in the ring to be Republican whip and has support, which could put pressure on Scalise and McCarthy.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Senator Freeloader will change his tune once he gets the call from Palm Beach County to kiss rear end.

e- Speaking of kissing rear end, Ohio's favorite venture capitalist failson (and the candidate that may be as Trump-owned as possible) just won. I don't think there's enough fentanyl in Ohio for me to be OK with this.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Nov 9, 2022

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Does anyone have the updated score on how many Trump endorsees lost?

https://twitter.com/Brad_Rosenheim/status/1590322510104793088?t=Eh5VoFLNz-5e0yw31NlFTw&s=19

Please please pleeeeeeeeeease

lightpole posted:

Dems are outperforming. Whatever happens in the morning I'm not nearly as worried now. GOP might have a few seat majority in the worst case it looks like but they won't be able to do anything with it.

From last night, for context:

CBJSprague24 posted:

CBS says it might be a Red Ripple at best and the slimmer majority in the House, the harder it will be to get for them to get consensus to agree between those who kiss the ring versus those who might take their orders from other Rs.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Just reconfirming my suspicions here but, with Fetterman winning Pennsylvania, the GOP now MUST win two of Nevada, Georgia, and Arizona, right?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Who's the first one to claim rigged election? I'll take Bobo.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

stealie72 posted:

Meanwhile, Ohio managed to give every state-wide office to the GOP and Tim Ryan lost his senate race by 6.6 points to loving JD Vance by running a campaign that was basically "I'm almost a republican, I swear." Though he did 1.5 points better than Biden despite alienating anyone left of Mitt Romney, so I guess there's that?

Ohio's republicans were just jealous JD got to kiss Trump's rear end AND be taunted for it and wanted to live vicariously through him.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

What is their definition of democratic meddling?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/1590252367684870144?t=QdKlhIHBn_h2t9ehkXl2Eg&s=19

Fox noping out on Trump until they come crawling back later.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

quote:

Trump’s disappointment was palpable inside the gilded ballroom at his Mar-a-Lago estate, where he gathered with dozens of aides, allies and donors to watch returns on Tuesday evening. When he returned to the party halfway through the night following a private dinner, his mood had visibly shifted.

“Interesting evening,” he shouted to reporters before taking the stage for brief and unenthused remarks.

As the crowd dwindled, Trump sat at a table in front of a television tuned to Fox News with just a handful of advisers. Meanwhile, several guests whose names appeared on a VIP list that one Trump adviser circulated to reporters were nowhere to be found, including some who apparently decided to skip the event – surfacing as television pundits throughout the night from studios elsewhere in the country.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/09/politics/gop-midterms-trump-2024/index.html

Some his invitees skipped the bash and he probably had to watch them on TV instead of attending his loving gala inject directly into my veins. :circlefap:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

CNN has Frisch leading BoBo by 73 votes right now.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

"I'm not mad your mad"

(Deliberate misspell because that's how in my mind's eye that he writes it in Sharpie.)

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Suicide Watch posted:

overexposure as a loser probably makes voters lose enthusiasm for you.

We can only hope this will eventually apply to 45.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Chuds co-opt non chud stuff all the time, so not too weird. Trump still unironically plays Fortunate Son at rallies. How many chuds didn’t know Rage Against the Machine was political?

Hell, he does this with YMCA, too.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/hilaryluros/status/1590743216001024001

Old Man Yells At Cloud. Plus, a good followup RT in the replies:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/549425182767861760

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I thought I saw earlier that the remaining votes are in regions which favor Frisch, but who knows at this point?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Oh god damnit:

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1590925908671492096

For what it's worth:

https://twitter.com/SalDeol_/status/1590925474100039680

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1591263942898503682

After years of seeing this at the NHL Trade Deadline and, now, thanks to Elon, in politics, I'm further convinced fake parody accounts meant to troll and/or fool people into believing something should be punishable by firing squad.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1591433080828530694?t=zyg1E0tAJx-nMoQVYBhGhw&s=19

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

drat that unstoppable Red Wave :argh:

RED TSUNAMI

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

ded posted:

red red whiiiiiiine

Red: dead redemption

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Seriously, even people in replies to the Tweet are getting tired of Donnie's oldest party trick, which is "Dad jokey pejorative nicknames which cast shame on the name of Dad jokes".

:toxx: I'll donate $100 to the campaign of the first politician, regardless of party, to snap and punch Donald Trump in the face and/or throat.

e- https://twitter.com/TrumpTracker_/status/1591081173706764288

Also, :lol: how Donnie is throwing his hands up and spnning the Wheel of Spite to pick the politician to pin this on because it's never MY fault! I'm a Stable Genius!

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Nov 13, 2022

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Does the slim majority the GOP may take in the House affect their ability to put on some weak sauce attempt at a committee to investigate Hunter Biden or whatever they wanted to do because the Dems did the January 6th committee?

I'm guessing a majority that may only be 2 or 3 people isn't going to let them run rough shod like they would've liked after the red wave.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

CNN just gave the checkmark to Katie Hobbs in Arizona.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Still baffled Oz Trump was bothering to run for senate POTUS, he already has far more money than he’ll ever need and a massive audience for whatever he wants to sell. Would think that while he’s in his 670s and still healthy would want to travel or relax, not get stuck in DC for half most of the year and have to fundraise and campaign again in sixfour years.

:smugdon:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Tiny Timbs posted:

Trump's got that Midas touch! A real kingmaker

Rocking a hot 68% success rate in Senate endorsements!

Who knew that the definition of Red Wave was actually narrow margin of victory in the House and losing a seat in the Senate!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Meanwhile, at FOX:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1600333374220124161?t=8KXMYbTqAF8RVxPppp15FA&s=19

...Laura must have had the cold hard reality set in that Donnie isn't going to leave his wife for her.