Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

CBJSprague24 posted:

What is their definition of democratic meddling?

In Colorado, it's that a DINO took Bortbort's seat.

A "conservative businessman" that swapped parties, and will vote with republicans. Wooo. What a win.

I'm glad bortbort is out but now there's just a quiet piece of poo poo that will vote against "his" party's interests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Randalor posted:

Is this a good or bad thing?

Better than Walker winning outright, worse than Warnock winning outright.

Republicans tend to fair well on runoff votes because old people have all the free time in the world to go vote.

Ladies and Gentlemen, in a month, I give you Senator Herschel Walker.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Icon Of Sin posted:

Don’t forget, Warnock already won a runoff in 2020, he/his campaign probably have a good idea of how to go about it.

I hope Warnock wins it but we'll see what kind of voter fatigue they hit.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

CBJSprague24 posted:

CNN has Frisch leading BoBo by 73 votes right now.

Been that way a few hours now. Probably won't end tonight.

And there will be a recount.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

psydude posted:

Ok I'm just gonna come right out and ask it: is it possible that the GOP's decision to kill off a large portion of their voter base by promoting vaccine skepticism has contributed to a bunch of these competitive races going blue?

I think most of us are assuming that, yes.

It's how Biden will win in '24, excess deaths from the unvaccinated.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Stultus Maximus posted:

It’s bound to be a factor but determining the extent will require real analysis over weeks and months. After all, Florida killed a lot of their base but the GOP is stronger than ever there.

Florida has an olds replacement rate unmatchable by other snowbird states. It's almost like when people turn 60, a new range of hearing opens up, and people are beckoned by this new frequency to seek out warmth and Jimmy Buffett themed restaurants.

Or maybe Florida has been advertising heavily on AM radio for the past decade. No one knows because no one under 60 listens to AM.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Local NPR this morning said don't expect final results on Bortbort/Frisch until thursday at the earliest, they're due on friday next week to the state.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
A less competent Ross Perot would be pretty funny.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Ehhhh......

We'll know by the weekend. The counties with the most votes still out have to turn them into the state friday.

Colorado Springs NPR station had election folks on the radio friday, basically saying all counting in Pueblo is done, the biggest city in the district, and Frisch's best chance. But they said don't expect final results until this coming thursday at the earliest.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

My ideal result is that the election is decided by <5 votes either way so I have a nice example to throw at "one vote doesn't matter" types.

I get where you're coming from, but...

In this race it kinda doesn't matter. One is a loud mouth dipshit that will vote with the gop, the other is a quiet dino that will vote with the gop. The only real difference if Frisch wins will be the noise about the idiot representing my district. Voting will almost assuredly be the same. Frisch was an Aspen city council member and ran on being a "conservative businessman" so we won't really see a change in how the seat votes, and then have to primary the DINO out later if he does win.

I live in the district. No one here will benefit from either of them winning. Two sides of the same coin. But I voted for Frisch anyhow because he's not Bortbort. Whole thing loving sucks.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Numbers have started moving on CO district 3, but bortbort still has about an 1100 vote lead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Bortbort still up by 550.