Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
finally, my phone will be free of texts seeking money for people ive never heard of, for at least two years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Arc Light posted:

The hell of it is, these past few years, they're not wrong and every recent congressional cycle and presidential election really is the borderline between a government notionally of the people and a government that's just openly in the pocket of whoever bought the most reps.

But even if the last couple of years have, indeed, risen to the level described by the hyperbolic fundraising messages of the last fifteen years, I suspect the average voter can only hear that message so many times before beginning to tune it out.

the average voter does not consider themselves a force in large-scale struggles between political systems. they tuned that poo poo out before it started broadcasting

modern american federal politics is getting the people who were kinda maybe engaged in the presidential election to be engaged in an legislative election, and getting the people who were engaged in those already to be engaged in other states' or districts' elections

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Xenoborg posted:

Also vaccine uptake is way down across the board. A third of the US got any kind of Covid booster ever and last I looked <5% had gotten the Omicron booster. No one cares about Covid anymore, but half the population now hate vaccines.

so wtf is the other 45% doing? i mean sure, it's not like flu shot rates were ever like 80% either (https://www.cdc.gov/flu/fluvaxview/coverage-1819estimates.htm) but they were around 50%, and the omicron booster came out at basically the same time as this year's. you'd think people would just get both

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

i demand hoodie fetterman be allowed on the senate floor in all his glory