Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Florida dem turnout is terribly low.

The reason is the democratic party is running a republican against DeSantis and a cop against Marco Rubio, so quite a few people are not really motivated to vote for either of them. The party message has been “try to reach out to your republican friends and convince them to vote against fascism” which, loving :lol: at that stupid poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Zamujasa posted:

i don't understand how people can look at this poo poo and not just start laughing, joker style

that’s my life. just watching things get worse and worse and laughing (because it keeps me from crying)

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

they actively work to smother any progressive candidates. the local party endorsed a property developer that changed his party affiliation when he moved into my county from south florida over the actual local progressive who wanted to do good things for people instead of just handing all of the city’s money to developers and police.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

facialimpediment posted:

Primary total voters at my precinct: ~350
2021 citywide total voters at my precinct: ~450
Current total with three hours to go: 590
2020 general election: 730

Turns out, abortion amendments turn out voters even in off-year elections!

*except in FL

:smith:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

lightpole posted:

Let's be real here, how is your best candidate Crist

Because his challenger was a moderately progressive woman so you can guess where the party put their money.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Stultus Maximus posted:

It’s bound to be a factor but determining the extent will require real analysis over weeks and months. After all, Florida killed a lot of their base but the GOP is stronger than ever there.

FL is gerrymandered as gently caress with probably one of the worst in the country and the state democratic party ran a former republican and a cop to try to court republican voters instead of doing anything progressive or trying to actually help people. Running on "DESANTIS/RUBIO BAD" but then having nothing but republican plans/goals is not going to drive voters to the polls. A fuckton of democratic voters in Florida stayed home. Turnout was way low, in part, because there was really nothing on the ballot for most people. The house seats were fixed before the election began and they had the choice of a trump backed republican and a republican for governor.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Florida has an olds replacement rate unmatchable by other snowbird states. It's almost like when people turn 60, a new range of hearing opens up, and people are beckoned by this new frequency to seek out warmth and Jimmy Buffett themed restaurants.

Or maybe Florida has been advertising heavily on AM radio for the past decade. No one knows because no one under 60 listens to AM.

This is also true. Something like 200-300k people moved to Florida in the past few years and they're overwhelmingly republican while younger people are fleeing FL in droves, but not to the same extent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

VSOKUL girl posted:

i demand hoodie fetterman be allowed on the senate floor in all his glory

:lol: remember when Lindsay Graham had to vote from the closet because he didn't have on a jacket and they wouldn't let him on the Senate floor?