Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Patriots on a bye but could become big winners if the Raiders fire McDaniels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

MaximilianK posted:

If it was questionable if big Jeff would be let in how does Jay Z help the cause?

They've been paying him out the rear end to do the corporate version of: Hey c'mon I've got a black friend!

Of course they'd love him if he was the face of a franchise while Bezos is the actual owner.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Cavauro posted:

this here week of football has nothing for me. but next week sunday is the day after my birthday. and it's going to have plenty for me. steelers and bengals rematch on sunday night. that's what i'm talking about.

Update: It was not what Cavauro was talking about

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1590012608853446659

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

3 Good teams, one pretty good team then a whole lot of mediocrity:

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1590007636849987586

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

I am also a single issue voter and I want one single MVP vote for this man. No more than one, but one is essential.

Some Seattle voter is going to do it just because they hate Russ now and tarnish the whole thing.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Diva Cupcake posted:

Should have been Jets/Pats.

Yeah, would've been fun.

davecrazy posted:

Biggest surprises? How about the Jets and Giants both not being total dog poo poo.

Giants are wild, because he's dragging so much out of that bad, bad roster, that I'm kind of surprised they're even smack dab in the middle of EPA/play stats. They feel like it should be even more smoke and mirrors then they are, but no, they're just playing well.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah this is the biggest one for me this season. I mean one or the other putting something together, but both of them being pretty okish I did not expect.

Also laughing at the Lions defense in that chart. Who just shut Aaron Rodgers down all day on Sunday.

There's a movement chart in the replies, and the Lions defense moved up almost as much as the Pats one did.

But the Lions went from one of the worst defenses ever to merely still comfortably the worst in the league.

Also side note: The Colts defense also almost went up that much. Everyone should watch Pats - Colts, just really wallow around in that muck.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oh hey, DYAR performances went up:

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2022/joe-mixon-justin-fields-rush-history-books

Mixon's got their 8th best game on record

The bottom for this week was fun:

quote:

26. Rodgers loses a league-high 59 DYAR due to opponent adjustments. He's the first quarterback to throw three interceptions against the Lions since Kyler Murray in Week 3 of 2020. It was Rodgers' first three-interception game since Week 5 of 2017, and he has already thrown seven this season, the most he has thrown since 2016. And all three of those interceptions came inside the Detroit 40 (two of them within the Detroit 5), where he went 7-of-19 for 61 yards with one touchdown, plus a 17-yard DPI. He was also the week's worst passer on throws to tight ends (9-of-11 for 89 yards and two interceptions) and down the middle of the field (6-of-11 for 59 yards with two interceptions).

27. Ehlinger gains 54 DYAR due to opponent adjustments—without them, this would have qualified for our Worst QB Games Ever table. He was the week's worst quarterback in the first quarter, going 0-for-2 for three sacks, and then he failed to throw for a first down in the second half, going 10-of-17 for 51 yards with four more sacks and a pick-six. Finally, he failed to convert a single third or fourth down, going 2-of-8 for 19 yards with a half-dozen sacks and a pick-six. Good luck, Mr. Saturday.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It's good

https://twitter.com/AnnieAgar/status/1590024049148600320

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

49.5 grade on pff!

First round pick in 2019 for them

E: Unimpressive physical profile from his combine numbers, and his nfl.com draft profile reads "strong safety who misses tackles".

tl;dr, maybe someone who knows what he's doing could get him to work, but meh. Someone will grab him off waivers and he'll probably be a guy.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Nov 8, 2022

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Everyone knows what Ruggs did, but you might have forgotten that Damon Arnette got cut after doing a bunch of crimes then releasing a video of him with a bunch of guns making death threats.

THEN the Chiefs said, yeah, we need some of that, then they had to cut him after he immediately committed 50 more crimes.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Current draft order. Sadly all the traded picks are slowly sinking out of the top 10.

1-10
1-6-1 Texans
2-7 Panthers
2-6 Raiders
2-6 Steelers
2-6 Lions
3-6 Eagles (Saints)
3-6 Cardinals
3-6 Jaguars
3-6 Bears
3-6 Packers
----
11-18
3-5 Seahawks (Broncos)
3-5 Lions (Rams)
3-5 Texans (Browns)
3-5-1 Colts
4-5 Falcons
4-5 Football Team
5-4 Patriots
5-4 Bengals
------
Playoff teams
4-5 Buccaneers
4-4 Broncos (49ers)
5-3 Chargers
5-3 Titans
6-3 Seahawks
6-3 Forfeited (Dolphins)
6-3 Ravens
6-3 Jets
6-2 Cowboys
6-2 Giants
6-2 Chiefs
6-2 Bills
7-1 Vikings
8-0 Eagles

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

This confused the poo poo out of me then I remembered the 49ers trade with the Dolphins who then traded it to the Broncos for Chubb.

Yeah, there's some fun stuff in traded draft picks.

Like the Saints' 6th round pick this year was traded to the Texans, conditionally. The Texans turned around and traded a 6th to the Jets who also traded for James Robinson from the Jaguars for a 6th... conditionally.

But here's the thing the Texans have their pick, the Saints (conditionally), the 49ers, Giants and Vikings.
So any one of those picks could be going to the Jets and maybe to the Jaguars.

Here's all the players involved in all those trades:

James Robinson (for a 6th, unless he rushes for 600+ yards in which case a 5th)
Bradley Roby (for this and a 3rd)
Blake Cashman
Charles Omenihu
Keion Crossen
Ross Blacklock

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The absolute inertia when it comes to the Buccaneers and Rams is very funny to me.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

really queer Christmas posted:

How are both new jersey teams in the 2nd to last tier when they are both playoff bound

The Giants are because they're a very bad roster that's won a ton of super close games. They're not very good, they just have great coaching dragging everything it can out of a very bad roster.

And yet they're probably about to be 8-2, they have the Texans and Lions at home next two weeks :v:

Jets are well, you tend not to lose money betting against the Jets. Zach Wilson is still a massive question mark. Rest of the roster's great, but hell, even in beating the Bills with one of his better performances he had... 130 yards passing.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

really queer Christmas posted:

You aren't wrong on either of these but... they're still winning games, which is more than I can say for the rams

OH I mean I fully agree, and I agree with Ozu about the Jets showing the betters wrong. I'm just saying why it is.

I would not put the loving Jets or Giants below the Rams right now, I would swap at least the Rams and Titans, the Buccaneers and the Seahawks, Jets and the Cardinals, Giants and Raiders

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/tinysnekcomics/status/1589684449171902464

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Lmao Steelers

https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1590489624518234112

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Cavauro posted:

almost every play that gets more than 15 yards requires one or more huge mistakes to be made. 60 vs 75 is practically the same thing just starting from a different field position, wherein the better offense is likely to have fewer yards to go rather than the opposite

Yeah, this little stat doesn't say that much outside of the absurdity that is the Steelers. They're just remarkably non-explosive

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Black Lighter posted:

The Raiders don't want to be playing for McDaniels and look like they're completely spent by halftime a lot of games, so yeah, betting on chaos might not be a bad move

The Colts don't have an offensive line that can block at all, a rookie QB who is in way over his head, a dude who's never coached running the team and they picked a signal caller out of a hat.

Maxx Crosby alone will win that game, regardless of what everyone else does.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, I mean the Raiders have a disappointing but fairly average offense, while the Colts defense is fine, but is going to be receiving absolutely zero help.

Nodoze posted:

Derek Carr, despite being given a coach who understands offense and Davante Adams, is playing like rear end; and what the hell happened to Chandler Jones? I just realized that I hadn't really heard his name much this year and then I looked at his numbers and now I see why that is. Holy moly

Luckily they only paid him.... 3 years / $51m, lmao.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I wonder how much both teams would like to undo that Adams trade.

More or less then the Raiders / Pats wish they could undo the Josh McDaniels signing? :v:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

From the article:

Almost one of 5 times you drop back you're getting sacked with your QB who supposedly is mobile (spoiler: he's sorta not, but he does his best). And Saturday's keeping the OL coach, although I don't really know how much there is to be gained from changing him out at this point. Look Ehlinger is almost certainly awful, but it seems like he wouldn't be seeing the field if the line could pass block at all.

Just a disaster all around.

Yeah, here's a video of all 9 sacks, like what could anyone do with this offensive line?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIYkoqEy9u4

First two are identical stunts the OL completely miss on, no chance.
3rd is the entire middle just gets clowned and he's sacked immediately
4th is an olay by the LT
5th is a coverage sack after pressure forces him out of the pocket
6th is a deep attempt where the pocket isn't there
7th is a free rusher where the RB notices way too late. This might be the worst one, they jut let Judon in free, ignoring him.
8th is a pocket collapse where the rookie does dumb poo poo.
9th is a late addon bullrush over the LT.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I’m sure that’s exactly what happened.

Hey c'mon, he also brought in Jarrett Stidham, Jakob Johnson AND Brandon Bolden to help install it!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Expected points is a fine stat? It's not made up bullshit.

Attaching it to specific players isn't correct, but the logic itself is perfectly fine.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I am getting horny for the trainwreck potential of this game.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1590782493174935552

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Getting called a lil' bitch by Bilbo Baggin's shittiest neighbor

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Chris James 2 posted:

Tore his ACL week 1 last year, this week was going to be his first game since and tore his achilles at practice yesterday

https://twitter.com/49ers/status/1590803999187697664

Worst legs ever

2016 - Tore ACL after 4 games
2017 - Destroyed knee, 1 game
2018 - Tore achilles, first day of training camp
2019 - Ankle injury, 1 game
2020 -
2021 - Tore ACL, 1 game
2022 - Tore achilles, in practice

Kinda healthy for 2 seasons (2015, 2020) since he also missed most of his rookie year with various injuries .

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Using this goofy stat, the Giants "should" be 4-4, the Panthers have an extra win.... oh and the Steelers should be 0-8.

https://twitter.com/DataWithBliss/status/1590798788427677696

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fast cars loose anus posted:

Trying to eliminate luck from the equation so you can better evaluate players is a perfectly good thing to try to do

using to put out "adjusted standings" makes you a dork

Yeah, I mean it's completely true that when an opponent drops an int, or their receiver drops a pass, you didn't do anything, they just hosed up. Field goals are... iffier, your rush can pressure them, stadium absolutely matters, etc, and fumble recoveries are trickier. Some fumbles are way more likely to be recovered by the O / D then others, so you do need to measure where it is and the situation. (A fumble on a shotgun snap 5 yards behind the LOS will almost always be recovered by the offense, a fumble 5 yards behind the LOS on a blown up draw or screen pass, far less often for example)

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/EdgerrinJames/status/1591975442084663296

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The very funny AFC South

The Titans are 6-3 with a -2 point differential

But two of their losses were by 1 and 3 points.

Their margin of victory this season has been

The Jaguars are 3-7, they have a +11 point differential

Their margins of victory:

Kalli fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Nov 14, 2022

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Teams by relative Margin of victory tiers

99 Bills, 90 Eagles
64 Chiefs
47 Cowboys, 43 Bengals, 39 Ravens, 37 Patriots, 35 Vikings, 35 49ers
20 Jets, 16 Seahawks, 14 Giants, 11 Dolphins, 11 Jaguars
3 Buccaneers, -2 Titans
-18 Broncos, -18 Falcons, -21 Browns, -23 Raiders, -25 Saints
-28 Cardinals, -28 Chargers, -30 Bears, -31 Packers, -33 Football Team
-39 Panthers, -45 Lions, -46 Colts
-52 Rams, -58 Texans, -67 Steelers

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

Interesting the 49ers are that high *looks it up*

Beating up on the Seahawks and same old sorry rear end Rams is doing a lot of work there (and the Panthers, who they housed).

Next team up is the Cardinals which as I understand NFC West roulette is rough for the 49ers?

All part of the fun of small sample sizes, though they're pretty close to what the Pats have done all in all:

vs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Tryouts day!