Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
This is really fun so far! I don't really know much about football at all, so I'm not quite sure what a lot.of the formations entail, but I'm enjoying this. Hopefully next year will come with a budget increase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
Thank you for the post about the formations! That helped a lot with me getting what's going on here. Though I suspect I should still probably google some stuff. One thing I always wished for sports is that they would explain why certain choices are being made, little details. It's something I always really enjoy about the best wrestling announcers- even though it's fictional, they make it clear why in the fiction someone is making a certain choice, why something is exhausting or hard or difficult or wears out the opponent or wrenches at a particular weakness of an opponent- lactic acid buildup and jacking up someone's spine and so on and so forth.

I always find this a little lacking as I've recently started to get into recent sports- baseball and especially American Football, which has so much going on at all times. It's hard to know 'oh, the quarterback made this weird choice to avoid a penalty' or 'Tennis players do the serve above their head because it lets them put the entire body into their swing, and it's one of the strongest hits you can make while still keeping it in bounds because you can fully extend your arm'. Obviously, they're doing it in real time, and this is a screenshot lets play, but you've done a pretty good job at bringing that information of why something is happening and the reasoning behind your choices and such in, and that's really nice! I appreciate it a lot.