Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

:psyduck:

The goldfish memory of voters and their need for loving "balance" never cease to amaze.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

America number 1

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2022/11/07/recreational-marijuana-legalization-is-on-the-ballot-in-these-states.html

AR, MD, MO, ND, and SD voting on legal weed.

Also I think NE, NV, and DC have minimum wage hikes on the ballet.

Look, Missouri, can we talk real quick? This isn't about how awesome weed is or how horrific a plague the devil's lettuce is. Your vote on whether or not to legalize marijuana has absolutely nothing to do with marijuana. It's about loving with Kansas. You know how bad those dipshits flip out on their border with Colorado. Don't you want to see them rending their clothes and screaming wards against Satan on the other bank of the Missouri? We both know that you do.

I don't like them, and they're terrible people, but at least the Business Whores, Jesus Freaks, and MAGA Chuds have a loving ethos. Sure, they may think that the country is being run by James Woods using a voice modulator and a Biden mask, but at least they're not going to randomly flip their stupid choice for imbecilic reasons.

Moderates and Independents are the deer on the highway of our democracy. Just randomly flitting between jumping out of the way of cars and jumping directly into cars.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Mooseontheloose posted:

The goldfish memory of voters and their need for loving "balance" never cease to amaze.

The media and system propaganda has done a good job about both sidesing things and the need to be balanced to the point people don't recognize what it takes to have a functional society. It just happens to be progressive/liberal.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Moderates are those people at a restaurant that will order the same thing they make at home despite talking about how they’re going to try something new on the drive.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

SourKraut posted:

I'm scared

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Gyges posted:

Moderates and Independents are the deer on the highway of our democracy. Just randomly flitting between jumping out of the way of cars and jumping directly into cars.

This is the first thing that's made me laugh all day.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Gatts posted:

The media and system propaganda has done a good job about both sidesing things and the need to be balanced to the point people don't recognize what it takes to have a functional society. It just happens to be progressive/liberal.

In order of political irritation:
1) People who are above politics/why can't we all just talk to each other. Hey, Blonde Brenda, this isn't wisdom learn what'sfucking going on in your life.
2) Moderates who think they are smart because they "vote both sides" and "keep an open mind." gently caress off you just like attention.
3) People who gripe and get scared but won't knock a door or make a call.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I hope the candidates all have a good time :)

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF

Mooseontheloose posted:

"Oh right. That guy tried to overthrow the government. I forgot"

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Trump didn't do any insurrections lately, he deserves the presidency again, you know, balance.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
15 minutes left till the first predictions in on CNN and DOOOOOOOOM!!

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Mooseontheloose posted:

It's people who want the status quo and fail to realize that (a) the status quo is failing a lot of people and (b) the status quo is not maintained by gridlock; gridlock merely causes degradation.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Gatts posted:

15 minutes left till the first predictions in on CNN and DOOOOOOOOM!!

Got a livestream link for CNN?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

JosefStalinator posted:

Got a livestream link for CNN?

Try this?

https://livenewsof.com/cnn/ I don't vouch for the goodness of the stream/link tho.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

PT6A posted:

It's people who want the status quo and fail to realize that (a) the status quo is failing a lot of people and (b) the status quo is not maintained by gridlock; gridlock merely causes degradation.

Also, gridlock in the sense that one side won't even come to the table if their agenda is not met. The other side is punished for using the same tactics.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!
It's me I have the informed and elevated opinion that the truth is somewhere in the middle on whether or not queer people are full human beings. I am the smart adult in the room.

You silly children and your ideas that there's a correct and correct opinion, the truth is in between.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gatts posted:

Try this?

https://livenewsof.com/cnn/ I don't vouch for the goodness of the stream/link tho.

Thanks! This is good so far - does CNN now offer a free online stream in a legal way? The bastards.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
https://twitter.com/umichvoter/status/1590129429409210368

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Early votes coming in. Are they better or worse than expected?

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
VOTES ARE COMIN

STOP THE COUNT

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Does this count early votes/mail votes?

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

MA Secretary of State (Commonwealth) Bill Galvin, I wanna know, how do you folks feel about Galvin? He's been incumbent since 95, I guess you seldom lose a primary (has an incumbent ever lost one?), his web site and presence is kind of vague. How about this Bill Galvin guy folks. I forgot he existed to be honest.

Also how do you feel about voting when you don't know who the person is. I feel like Galvin is unstoppable no matter what we do, he seems more like a myth than a man. I do leave some of the things blank, I'm trying folks.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Jaxyon posted:

It's me I have the informed and elevated opinion that the truth is somewhere in the middle on whether or not queer people are full human beings. I am the smart adult in the room.

You silly children and your ideas that there's a correct and correct opinion, the truth is in between.

https://twitter.com/stevenportnoy/status/1590105849103630338

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

JosefStalinator posted:

VOTES ARE COMIN

STOP THE COUNT

Which site are you using to get that fancy map?

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Phlegmish posted:

Which site are you using to get that fancy map?

NYT always has very good results maps/UI:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...c&region=NavBar

May be paywalled though. If anyone is in education (student or teacher), usually your institution gives you a free account.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Olds are wierd

Like "Yeah racism is a huge issue BUT HAVE YOU SEEN THOSE TRANSGENDERS?!"

what wierd people

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Maybe they mean this weird backsliding we are currently doing is worse than the trajectory we were on before

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TulliusCicero posted:

Olds are wierd

Like "Yeah racism is a huge issue BUT HAVE YOU SEEN THOSE TRANSGENDERS?!"

what wierd people

What % of those who think racism is a problem, think it's racism against white people?

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007

Yawgmoft posted:

Maybe they mean this weird backsliding we are currently doing is worse than the trajectory we were on before

I wouldn’t be surprised if there is some of that baked in, but come on…

We all know exactly what nearly all of the responders mean.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Yawgmoft posted:

No way, it's just olds who want their gays back in the asylum and their transgenders back in the coffin. I work with a bunch of olds and the things they say to each other....

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Can we stop counting in GA and FL now? I'm cool with this, throw the other ballots away.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

I heard they are putting litter boxes in public school bathrooms for kids that identify as cats. Even tolerant people have to admit that it has gone too far.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Gin_Rummy posted:

I wouldn’t be surprised if there is some of that baked in, but come on…

We all know exactly what nearly all of the responders mean.

We really don't though. It's a poorly worded question.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I heard they are putting litter boxes in public school bathrooms for kids that identify as cats. Even tolerant people have to admit that it has gone too far.

It's better than the places they normally piss and poo poo when left to their own devices

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

JosefStalinator posted:

NYT always has very good results maps/UI:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...c&region=NavBar

May be paywalled though. If anyone is in education (student or teacher), usually your institution gives you a free account.

I made a free account, seems worth it.

Although, why is it saying Tim Scott has won South Carolina, with 0 votes counted?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/1590110891344728064

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Florida looks like GOP doing like 2% better than 2020

So, bad, not worst case if that's nation wide.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Any Hawaii goons? The guy who draws Usagi Yojimbo lives there, seems like a chill place. Is the governor of Hawaii cool?

Does Bill Galvin have opinions on Hawaii?

How about Alaska. It's cold up there. Is Mike Dunleavy doing good, or is it time for him to dunleavy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General_Disturbed
Apr 7, 2005

Ride the 8=====D

Queering Wheel posted:

We really don't though. It's a poorly worded question.

Agreed. I'm gay and i would 100% vote yes on that question. Things are getting progressively worse and haven't slowed down. My state is currently ramming through a bill tonight to make it legal to discriminate against gays/trans and couching it in "Religious freedom".

It's a terribly worded question though. Are they asking if "things are getting worse" IE: Those drat gays are being too loud. or "Things are getting worse" IE: I don't go anywhere unless I'm armed because some trump wacko might decide to kill me.