Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

My body is ready to see Fernando Santos turn the biggest attacking talent Portugal has ever had into 0-0 performances which will see us either crash out of the group stage or win the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

https://twitter.com/selecaoportugal/status/1590759295523905537

We have the list, Renato Sanches and Moutinho didn't make it, which I think are the bigger surprises.

Edit - I'll psot the actual list:

- Goalkeepers: Diogo Costa (FC Porto), José Sá (Wolverhampton) e Rui Patrício (Roma).

- Defenders: Diogo Dalot (Manchester United), João Cancelo (Manchester City), Pepe (FC Porto), Rúben Dias (Manchester City), Danilo Pereira (Paris Saint-Germain), António Silva (Benfica), Nuno Mendes (Paris Saint-Germain) and Raphaël Guerreiro (Borussia Dortmund).

- Midfielders: Palhinha (Fulham), Rúben Neves (Wolverhampton), Bernardo Silva (Manchester City), Bruno Fernandes (Manchester United), João Mário (Benfica), Matheus Nunes (Wolverhampton), Otávio (FC Porto), Vitinha (Paris Saint-Germain) and William Carvalho (Betis).

- Forwards: André Silva (Leipzig), Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United), Gonçalo Ramos (Benfica), João Félix (Atlético de Madrid), Rafael Leão (AC Milan) and Ricardo Horta (Braga).

Average Lettuce fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Nov 11, 2022

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

the sex ghost posted:

Imagining the multiple phone calls and angry emails from PR firms that led to Ronald being first on the announcement tweet ahead of the goalkeepers

I guess it's because he's the captain.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Well, today was fun but assuming we end up first (well, I believe in anything now), Spain coming in second is not really very good for us lol.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

It says it no longer exists, what was it?

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

vyelkin posted:

538 says Portugal have a 76% chance of winning the World Cup

Can't argue with the data.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

The day went pretty well for us. Apart from winning, going against a tired Morocco is pretty nice!