Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I did Enclave Baross on pox gas modifier earlier and the relic skull door was just open on its own, and I got credit for helping people find it. That was a weird one.

If that's the one in the shower room you can solo solve that in like ten seconds, maybe someone hit it and kept going. Whole team gets credit for helping even if they didn't participate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

It's the Enforcer station with the pipe connector puzzle. Not only could nobody have solved it ahead of me, but when I went to look at the pipes, they were definitely not in a solved position.

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006
Working on all 3 of my right-side-of-tree zealot penances at once (throwing knives, loner backstabs (what a poo poo penance), and momentum) and I gotta say…going from a melee character with tons of +Impact to a melee character with a lil dagger has resulted in me taking so much more damage. Obviously a skill issue but I really haven’t figured it out lol. Making good progress on the penance and getting tons of team rescues though. It actually pisses me off because the shroud field is an offensive ability on paper but extremely loving good at rescuing teammates and looking back at all the shroud zealots I’ve had during my playtime, the vast majority use it to gently caress off and do some damage while people finished bleeding out.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

loner zealot with a knife is a meme and stereotype for a reason

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Nehru the Damaja posted:

It's the Enforcer station with the pipe connector puzzle. Not only could nobody have solved it ahead of me, but when I went to look at the pipes, they were definitely not in a solved position.

Praise the Emperor.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Cretin90 posted:

Working on all 3 of my right-side-of-tree zealot penances at once (throwing knives, loner backstabs (what a poo poo penance), and momentum) and I gotta say…going from a melee character with tons of +Impact to a melee character with a lil dagger has resulted in me taking so much more damage. Obviously a skill issue but I really haven’t figured it out lol. Making good progress on the penance and getting tons of team rescues though. It actually pisses me off because the shroud field is an offensive ability on paper but extremely loving good at rescuing teammates and looking back at all the shroud zealots I’ve had during my playtime, the vast majority use it to gently caress off and do some damage while people finished bleeding out.

You need to be using way, way more stamina as a Zealot to survive. Do you have a +2/3 stamina curio? There's a reason high end Zealots always have one, and sometimes even have two.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

You don't need a stamina curio at all lol. Knife zealot is just a lot squishier cause your burst toughness is 40% over time after coming out of shroudfield and you're reliant on the toughness DR from crit talent and the dodge gives toughness back, the latter of which has a cd.

You can't kill swathes of horde in one swing so you generally so knife is less good in terms of sustained toughness regen without abilities.

It takes getting used to, just leverage your dodges more and make sure to push occasionally to help manage horde lines. Just gotta accept that hordes are your main weakness, you're better at dueling single targets.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

also never stop moving. don't get bogged down fighting even groups of grunts - if you stop moving you're going to get killed.

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006
Yea most of my damage is coming from random horde shots from the side, also gunners. Think I am going to switch my revolver to a kantreal shotgun since it is amazing at stagger and DOT. I am running one +3 stamina curio, other two are toughness. My tree is a little janky actually, I took less of the “on successful dodge” stuff and instead took the + toughness on melee kills and the CDR on crit ability (left side of tree) so I can spam shroud field every 8 seconds during horde actions which means my toughness and toughness damage reduction are both super high. I actually do well with hordes and single target it’s the random stragglers loving me up when I’m used to giant 180 degree stagger swings from my eviscerator XV.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

The knife also lets you disengage from melee really easily. Turn around, hit sprint, and charge a heavy stab until just before it auto-releases.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Has there been an Eviscerator skin in the cosmetic shop yet? Have I missed it?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

There's been one, it says something like Love Thu Emperor along the fuller, and there's a few purity seals.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I know it's the least popular option but I like to run stealth on knife builds to capitalize on my speed, so I can run objectives or pick up teammates while also having a good disengage option.

Unrelated: Game is still excellent but I'm just underwhelmed by the update. Couple of cool back items and helmets available but mostly bland reskins of stuff that was already available. I hope they use this as a chasis to add more content later.

Has anybody figured out/used the new 'puzzles' in any of the levels?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Mendrian posted:

Has anybody figured out/used the new 'puzzles' in any of the levels?

Lots of them. My only disappointment there is you stop getting the plasteel bonus (which is itself a pretty modest reward) if you already have the skull and nobody on your team is getting it for the first time. So it's eventually just going to cease to be content.

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006
I decided to swap to a heavier weapon for my stealth zealot and made this and lmao........ very fun to use. Love knocking out a third of a plague ogryn's health in one hit.

I can't deal with the freaking MK3 combat knife my index finger is killing me from clicking 4000 times per match.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Is Skullcrusher usable? How often are you going to swing again fast enough against a target that they're still staggered?

It's seems great great on paper but I've always questioned if it can even apply, because a thunder hammer either killed the enemy outright or the staggern condition falls off before the next charged swing or you're against a non-staggerable boss.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Apr 26, 2024

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Hit 1: stagger the enemy
Hit 2: IF this was fast enough to come in under the stagger window -- and hammers aren't? -- apply Skullcrusher
Hit 3: do +40% damage

Are there any enemies that CAN be staggered that can survive two Thrust IV hits from a Thunder Hammer?

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006
It’s good with heavy horizontal sweeps against trash and mixed hordes. Against bosses they’re constantly getting staggered by allied fire so I thwack it once, ult (stealth), special and charge a full thrust hit. Thrust only takes about 1-1.5 seconds to hit full juice.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I find myself bouncing hard back into Darktide from Helldivers. It feels nice to have agency, and some preservable value.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Cretin90 posted:

I decided to swap to a heavier weapon for my stealth zealot and made this and lmao........ very fun to use. Love knocking out a third of a plague ogryn's health in one hit.

I can't deal with the freaking MK3 combat knife my index finger is killing me from clicking 4000 times per match.

Headtaker > Skullcrusher IMO if you have it, also OOF that First Target stat.... it's holding you back from BIG BONK. You could also do Slaughterer if you want better horde management, or momentum for safer horde management, or if you want a weird one Shock and Awe also works surprisingly well now. Less damage, but you hit way more targets.

iirc Skullcrusher just works if you're hitting a staggered target, it's weird to parse but I've done the testing. Basically it applies the stacks when you hit the staggered target, but it also immediately modifies the damage using those stacks for that hit. It's why it's BiS for the zealot crusher ignoring the fact it's also the only damage blessing for the crusher and thus defaults to BiS

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006

Evil Kit posted:

Headtaker > Skullcrusher IMO if you have it, also OOF that First Target stat.... it's holding you back from BIG BONK. You could also do Slaughterer if you want better horde management, or momentum for safer horde management, or if you want a weird one Shock and Awe also works surprisingly well now. Less damage, but you hit way more targets.

iirc Skullcrusher just works if you're hitting a staggered target, it's weird to parse but I've done the testing. Basically it applies the stacks when you hit the staggered target, but it also immediately modifies the damage using those stacks for that hit. It's why it's BiS for the zealot crusher ignoring the fact it's also the only damage blessing for the crusher and thus defaults to BiS

I'll keep an eye out for any of those blessings.. I don't have any lol. Also is the First Target being 66% that much of a hit? It says I have a 1.04 multiplier instead of the theoretical max of 1.13.

E: Oh that reminds me, something I don't really understand about the First Target modifier. Does it apply when you're only hitting one enemy?

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Cretin90 posted:

I'll keep an eye out for any of those blessings.. I don't have any lol. Also is the First Target being 66% that much of a hit? It says I have a 1.04 multiplier instead of the theoretical max of 1.13.

E: Oh that reminds me, something I don't really understand about the First Target modifier. Does it apply when you're only hitting one enemy?

yes it's huge, trust me

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Reiley posted:

Has there been an Eviscerator skin in the cosmetic shop yet? Have I missed it?

Last one was this guy

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I'd recommend trying out the Devil's Claw as an alternative to the Combat Blade, if the single-target situation bothers you. Much better cleave, and also has the unique parry alt move that is excellent against ragers and maulers. Not as good movement speed compared to the Combat Blade, but it's still one of the faster melee weapons.

Devils Affricate fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Apr 27, 2024

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Okay phew, that's not my color scheme.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Reiley posted:

Okay phew, that's not my color scheme.

One day there will be hazard stripe weapons.... one day....

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Enjoy posted:

there are, for Ogryn :v:

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006
Fine thunder hammer shamers, you made me craft another one. I'm undecided on Shock and Awe -> Slaughterer or Headtaker (which means grinding out more legendary hammers to blessing fish.........................) or to change the melee critical hit damage (obviously a dead mod) to carapace/maniac.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Enjoy posted:

When I first started playing this game after the rework I teamed with a Zealot in prison digs with a hazard stripe Eviscerator and I've been waiting for it to come back ever since.

Fashion posting now: I copped the red lining Zealot robe from the shop and paired it with the loose black pants and the shelltoes you get for throwing a stun grenade really far and it looks real sharp together.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

drat, that does

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Cretin90 posted:

Fine thunder hammer shamers, you made me craft another one. I'm undecided on Shock and Awe -> Slaughterer or Headtaker (which means grinding out more legendary hammers to blessing fish.........................) or to change the melee critical hit damage (obviously a dead mod) to carapace/maniac.

just change the crit hit damage perk for now and take it for a spin before you consider reblessing. Shame penetration went down, you really need high stats in damage, pen and first target but tbh the sheer customization you can do with that? Just use it lol, that's a fantastic roll.

See if you can one shot crushers already or not without carapace. If you don't need +carapace damage hey presto you can pop maniac or flak on there. Maybe even unarmored for dregs!

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006

Evil Kit posted:

just change the crit hit damage perk for now and take it for a spin before you consider reblessing. Shame penetration went down, you really need high stats in damage, pen and first target but tbh the sheer customization you can do with that? Just use it lol, that's a fantastic roll.

See if you can one shot crushers already or not without carapace. If you don't need +carapace damage hey presto you can pop maniac or flak on there. Maybe even unarmored for dregs!

The thrust is crafted on so I can only change one more thing unfortunately. (Obviously I'm not changing Thrust IV.) But I'll poke around with it before messing with the Crit dmg perk.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Cretin90 posted:

The thrust is crafted on so I can only change one more thing unfortunately. (Obviously I'm not changing Thrust IV.) But I'll poke around with it before messing with the Crit dmg perk.

oh did not even notice the gear on it. Oh well. Yeah, give it a spin. Thrust is all you really need for Big Bonk. I think the second blessing is better for dedicated horde management and that's to taste.

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006

Evil Kit posted:

oh did not even notice the gear on it. Oh well. Yeah, give it a spin. Thrust is all you really need for Big Bonk. I think the second blessing is better for dedicated horde management and that's to taste.

Shock and Awe looks fun. I'll take it for a spin. I like crowd control and bashing hordes so...

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
If you don't have a different outfit for each of your loadouts, I'm sorry but you're just not playing the game right

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Devils Affricate posted:

If you don't have a different outfit for each of your loadouts, I'm sorry but you're just not playing the game right

☝️

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Reiley posted:

When I first started playing this game after the rework I teamed with a Zealot in prison digs with a hazard stripe Eviscerator and I've been waiting for it to come back ever since.

Fashion posting now: I copped the red lining Zealot robe from the shop and paired it with the loose black pants and the shelltoes you get for throwing a stun grenade really far and it looks real sharp together.

That's sick.

Also message me if you wanna pal around some time. I'm still playing this and having a lot of fun.

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006

Played with you earlier, Queen Elizabeth III says waddup.

Feel like you were on a psyker with a similar name but my brain is Swiss cheese so idk!!!

e: with a vet named Local-Man?

Cretin90 fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Apr 27, 2024

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Cretin90 posted:

Played with you earlier, Queen Elizabeth III says waddup.

Feel like you were on a psyker with a similar name but my brain is Swiss cheese so idk!!!

e: with a vet named Local-Man?

Haven't played Psyker for a long while!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Nehru the Damaja posted:

That's sick.

Also message me if you wanna pal around some time. I'm still playing this and having a lot of fun.

Hell yeah. My friend group is warming back up to it so I'm tryna make it stick. I'll hit you up on discord soon.