Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Ironbreaker in the OP has a bunch of text about Ranger Veteran in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
DT feels like it has more characters, and they're each well done imo, but their interactions are disjointed because they're generic responses rather than specific banter. Mostly. There are a few good interactions between specific character archetypes in DT that echo the quality of the VT characters' back and forth, but by necessity they're a minority of lines. Mostly DT characters talk at each other rather than with each other.

Corbeau fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Nov 9, 2022

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

DeathSandwich posted:

I'm liable to veer off topic, but I went back to DRG the other week and I was profoundly bored. The procedurally generated maps are a neat concept in theory, but in my experience they make a lot of samey bland corridors with which you can fight a bunch of slow boring bugs on.

Deep Rock is more about time and resource management compared to *Tide games' emphasis on mechanical execution. Though the former's bugs are still extremely dangerous on high difficulty levels because the miners are vastly, vastly less powerful in melee than even the most ranged-focused *Tide characters. It's a choice between tension (DRG) and action (*Tide) IMO.

Which is why codexes loving suck in VT2. If I'm here, I'm here for the action. Stop loving up the flow.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Glad that I'm not the only massive nerd who had a visceral reaction to that thing being called a rapier.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
The class I'd almost certainly enjoy the most is the Psyker, which is why I chose it during the beta. Psyker takes a lot of attention and awareness though. It might be more relaxing to just smash cultists en mass with a thunder hammer. So if I did end up buying into the full release I'd probably make a Zealot first.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Space Marine was the first (and only?) game that properly imparted the feeling that marines are agile and fast despite being incredibly weighty.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Internet Explorer posted:

I'm not sure I'd want to play this game on a 1060.

lol

I was running the beta on a 970m. Though I'ma wait at least until I hear how Al-Saqr's beta experience goes.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

drrockso20 posted:

Apparently they hit the Psyker really hard with the nerf bat, like to an absolutely brutal extent

I mean, based on the beta, that's no bad thing. One can always over-nerf, but open beta psyker was quickly being figured out as absurdly broken - and not in a particularly interesting way.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Difficulties get way, way easier as you amass player and gear level. Worked that way in the open beta, worked that way in Vermintinde 2, wouldn't sweat having difficulty starting out.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Aight, anyone got reports on the first day about low-end hardware performance compared to the open beta?

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Sharkopath posted:

The game models the warp consuming you as identical to sienna exploding from overstress, but it would probably be hilarious and more in the vibe to have it drop a chaos spawn on you if you go over the threshold.

Even that would be softballing the effects according to lore, lol.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Fun fact: when your UI doesn't communicate anything that makes it really hard to catch mistakes.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Gonna be real, those patch notes read as a tightly controlled version of "oh god oh poo poo oh gently caress we don't have enough time to make all this work." Which is pretty much what everyone (except management, probably) predicted.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Live Service Game.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
When the thing that you're poking fun at is a problem you unnecessarily manufactured from nothing, well, it doesn't come off quite as well IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

How is that a human-sized enemy?

Eh, fits the lore; the Imperium considers Ogryn to be close enough to count as human.

:v: