Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

explosivo posted:

The autonomous sleigh is really funny to me for some reason, like how it just ends up at the right place after we shoved it over a snowy hill.

Considering that even after the mine mission, none of the U5 ever remember to hold onto any bloody mission critical object near an incline, it's just as well the sleigh's autonomous otherwise they'd never win near hills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

Mordja posted:

So looking up Jurgen and it seems he's pretty much Baldrick?

Pretty much, though he's got a good dash of Fraser's "McAuslan" character, who I think is explicitly considering something like "Britain's most repulsive soldier" etc. and other cleanliness gags.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, 2 years later and we finally know what happened to those 4 vets from the announcement trailer I guess.

And I suppose Spawn coming back as a boss monster makes sense. :omnom:

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

quote:

I want a Leman Russ battle-cannon for my Ogryn.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Stanley Pain posted:

Executioner cannon :engleft:

Counterpoint: Punisher cannon. More brrrrrrt.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Dogs from the hound horde special mission are supposed to* get off after inflicting some damage even if they aren't hit, as opposed to the normal hound pin-to-death, I believe. Not that that's much help if all 4 are hounded at once while a gunner pack has just aggro'd, granted.
(*Caveat: Fatshark intent vs Fatshark implementation are two very separate things)

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

ZeusCannon posted:

I thought so too! So i never complained but these hit and then just stayed. Do you have to like button mash or something to trigger the release?

Maybe just a bug or something

I don't think it's mashing based - I've just waited a few seconds in a bad situation and eventually they just jump off and start the fall back -> charge in loop again?

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Owl Inspector posted:

Had a mutant throw me right into a passive demonhost once

in fairness, that's one of the few times where you can than ogryn slap a daemonhost in the face to wake it up with no-one blaming you, the setup is too strong

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

So, not having used the Infantry Autoguns much on my way up to 30, I just grabbed this from Brunt:

Two questions: A) I'm guessing Mobility as a dump stat means I probably ought to keep this as a pretty good base gun with 80's across the rest of the board?
and B) presuming it is worth keeping rather than turning it in, what blessings are good on the Infantry Autoguns?

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Right, thanks for the axe tips folks :)

Evil Kit posted:

edit: to clarify, I'm all for options with lower cognitive load for new players trying to come to grips with a game, but on release Assail was way too far into the "plays the game for you" side of things, even after the nerfs tbh. And that's not a healthy thing imo

Oh even as someone who mains Psyker, Assail was way too good initially, I can't complain about these nerfs merely still making it a drat good poxwalker horde clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

It's probably the wrong perk/blessing combo, but I've been using this axe for months and I'm not stopping now.

Evil Kit posted:

when you're looking at the missions on the mission board you can see who the narrator is going to be during the mission. For Carnival, you want to pick up the one that's narrated by Marrow. That's the one you get to hear Wolfer get increasingly irate. :allears:

It's nice to know that it's not just the Imperium saddled with bungling twits as underlings, certainly