Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Can anyone tell me if Darktide is doing the VT2 thing again where you have an ilvl (power level, or whatever they call it now) that determines the most important characteristics of weapons, and presumably a cap on the ilvl you want to hit before you worry about rolling or rerolling traits and secondary stats?

Basically I'm asking if it's more or less the same item progression from VT2 or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

DeathSandwich posted:

Yes, the weapon ilevel thing is still in, and the additional wrinkle is that each weapon has like 6 - 7 stats that are also randomized but keyed into said ilevel, so you can have two weapons of the same ilevel with different stat profiles that behave way differently. So it's even less predictable than vt2s standard.

Because this is :fatshark: said stats are bars that fill in with no context as to what the bar full-ness actually represents.

Edit - with regards to why I'm still hyped about the game despite the Fatshark Jank - for anyone who hasn't played the old games, the moment to moment action is still some of the best in the genre.

https://youtu.be/9BWBeLsEOCs

Thank you.

For those who spent a good amount of time in the test, how are the character personalities and dialogue feeling? I know FS states that they have even more dialogue than in VT2 but is it overall the same quality that made the 5 so memorable? I know the idea here is you're just some disposable schlub like all the rest in the penal battalions and they went whole-hog into the whole character customization thing, but I'm wondering how it stacks up against the far FAR less customizable but more characterful 5 of VT1 and 2.