Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

DeathSandwich posted:

It's literally beaten into you in the mandatory tutorial you do for every character you create. You have to actively try to not get it.
You have incredibly high hopes of the average FPS player's attention span.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Obiwan Sherlock Clouseau was last seen over thirty years ago.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Also grimoires should be deleted from the game, thank you for coming to my TEDx Talk.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

dmboogie posted:

okay i'm confused because i looked at the full credited list of voice actors in darktide and zero of them were in vermintide 2???
I didn't know Matt Ward was writing for this game, but I guess it makes sense since he was also involved with Vermintide.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Matthew Ward is quoted in that article several times, talking about writing the characters. :shrug:

Maybe he was just never an army book kind of writer.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Isn’t Ghostmaker just a collection of older short stories?

Maybe a question better suited for the book barn thread but hail chaos I guess.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Edmond Dantes posted:

The Warp translation was horrifying. :suspense:
Sure was! They did a great job.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Magitek posted:

I'm guessing that making an all-male class on release means that they'll produce an all-female DLC class later

I wonder what class that could possibly be
Eldar Screaming Banshees, the only unit as iconic as the Ogryn.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

For what it's worth the sisters repentia have been wearing tank tops and shorts since they got plastic models.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

I'm sorry but that's some kind of a spadroon and furthermore

:goonsay:

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Performance drops don’t bother me because I can’t tell a difference between 30 and 120 fps. :toot:

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Did Fatshark actually officially announce that, or are nerds just being nerds?

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

DeathSandwich posted:

ranged weapons can't block or shove
Or dodge! If the attack animation has started and you try to dodge away, the enemies will just Jojo after you and hit you in the head.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

I'm entirely sincere. If you are holding a gun, dodging does not work.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

I've been really enjoying shooting rats in VT2, so I think I'm going to be a huge square and roll a Veteran. I played a Zealot in the beta but honestly by the end I was feeling I was really crutching on her health buffs and learning some awful habits. I was just mashing M1 and completely neglecting the gun, which as we all know is good.

Or Psyker I guess, Sienna's also been fun. Headshotting things with the dinky little conflagration staff fireball never gets old.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Class power will also depend hugely on the maps. I would much rather play a Zealot in the coolant system mission than a Vet, because the sight lines were complete rear end and there was a monster closet around every corner.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

S.J. posted:

I never managed to finish Coolant a single time and I am fairly confident this has something to do with it :v:

Of course it was a beta and people weren't keeping coherency and were just randomly running off to do things by themselves.
I kept getting lost in the last room. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

So are you saying they posted a fake VA announcement, or they paid two different actors to record one character's lines, or what?