Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Contains vital information:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXQwx1EolD8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Warhammer ain't dead. Warhammer Total War was a gigantic hit for the brand and definitely had an influence on GW's decision to bring back Fantasy. The Old World is their new Warhammer Fantasy edition coming soon. It's set a few centuries before Vermintide, though.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

humans arent cute but tau is almost an anagram for rat so maybe...

Tau aut to be an anagram for rat.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
To be fair I don't think a credit necessarily means that Matt Ward is actively involved with the project, just that they're crediting source material Ward wrote which informs the game setting.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Zephro posted:

There was someone called Matthew Ward on one of the Fatshark streams, I think he was narrating it. I assume that was the Matt Ward, our spiritual liege.

Well looks I'm wrong, then. I really haven't been paying much attention to Darktide's media side, I heard Abnett was involved and that was it.

As long as the 5th and 6th edition Ultramarines don't show up Ward can stay. If he's quiet.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Mordja posted:

So looking up Jurgen and it seems he's pretty much Baldrick?

Jurgen is kinda like Series One Baldrick with a bit of Jeeves. He's not as hopelessly incompetent as Series 3 or 4 Baldrick.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Everyone shits on Ghostmaker for whatever reason. It's good and it has Dreadnought vs Guardsman duel.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Did they remove the stat screen from the end of runs or something? I wasn't in the beta.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
That world trailer was really good. I loved the design of the Navigator. Maybe the Imperial Navy should invest in better shielding than some slat blinds.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Lassitude posted:

They use a thing called a gellar field generator to keep the daemons out. But the armored slats are because if the shield fails the armor can hold the baddies off a few seconds longer until the field can hopefully re-establish.

Yeah traveling without your Gellar Field on is like sticking your hand into a blender. Just think it's funny that the secondary armor shakes like that, because your ship is basically turned into a haunted house during Warp translation.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
He changes his mind during the Bogenhafen DLC where he accuses Karl Franz of being a penny pincher instead.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The sister wouldn't necessarily need to be a prisoner. The SOBs are a separate branch but they work closely with Ordo Hereticus Inquisitors and it's not out of the question for the Darktide Inquisitor to call in some favours.

There's multiple Orders within the inquisition but the big three are the Ordo Xenos, Ordo Hereticus and Ordo Malleus. These three are the most active in direct combat roles and while they field their own agent they do reach out for assistance when poo poo hits the fan.

Ordo Xenos works closely with the Deathwatch Space Marines. Specialize in killing aliens.

Ordo Malleus work with the Grey Knights to kill daemons.

Ordo Hereticus works with the Sisterhood to purge heretics before they can escalate into daemon summoning.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Nov 11, 2022

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
That's just Saltspyre with fewer restraints.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Grail Knights just drink goddess bath water and think it gives them sexual powers.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Bussamove posted:

Surely in all the lore and fluff 40k has over the decades there’s some jokey character somewhere that stumbled into some warpy poo poo in Fantasy and ended up in the 41st millennium. There has to be precedent!

During the End Times the Skaven accidentally prank called the 40K Eldar on a warpstone-powered satellite radio.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
If they made an electric psyker power they drat well better record lines of someone screaming "Wiiiiiiiitness your doooooooooooooom!"

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Watched the PC Gaming Show trailer earlier and I'm really liking the current trend of 40K games going all in with techno music and distortion. I love Doyle Donehoo's 40K music a lot but it's nice seeing 40K embrace more of its AD2000 roots and get a good bit of punk flavouring in there.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Hi I still haven't played Darktide but new drunk lines were added to A Quiet Drink in VT2 and Janfon had fun animating them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTuDP-m3l1U

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Dandywalken posted:

What was it about Beastmen that was unfun? Ive heard that a few times but never played

Their standards mechanic is really annoying since it buffs them and when they were first introduced the enemy spawns were completely hosed so they'd spawn on top of you or without a sound cue. They're tankier than Skaven and doubly so when their standard buff is active. So thirty Gors appear out of nowhere and lynch you.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntMOYevmWDs

This might be the most ratshit insane thing I've seen for Vermintide.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z17l3BzkQIM

Wizards Tower 2.0 let's loving go

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
With the new update for Vermintide 2 coming out on Tuesday I'm getting back in and I'm rusty with my boi Kruber. I prefer Mercenary because of his super high attack speed which helps since a lot of his weapons are mighty slow. Whats the current best item and weapon setup for Kruber if I want to be hitting the score charts and not just following behind every other character in the kill and damage categories?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Insert name here posted:

Hard to go wrong with the Executioner Sword like was mentioned. Personally I'm a big fan of Sword & Mace (the dual-wielded weapon, not to be confused with the 1h sword and 1h mace) and the Bretonnian Longsword myself.

Okay. I was hoping there might be a change to let his other weapons be more viable. Especially now that Merc Kruber gets outclassed by the warrior priest for reviving downed teammates.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The new Wizard's tower is fun. It has another illusion room where everyone sees something different. And gravity gets hosed up. The skeletons at the end are tricky.

KRUBER'S-REIK FIVE

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Mar 29, 2023

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Hey i actually got to play Waystalker for a bit. I like her great sword a lot.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I always forget about the weekly event on VT2 but I played last night and it was the Tzeench duplicates challenge. And then the lobby host added a deed to increase the amount of Elites.

We were hitting over 1000 kills per run. I main as Kruber and got over 500 headshots it was nuts.

Best part was on Empire in Flames where we got jumped by double rat ogres and then had to deal with dozens of warriors and maulers.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

SuperKlaus posted:

Executioner sword? Heavy headshot stormvermin > heavy headshot stormvermin > heavy headshot stormvermin is a simple tune that's always music to my ears

Getting the timing down for the Executioner Sword is so satisfying. I also did a run with a greatsword and I was swinging it faster than the elf with daggers it was absurd.

I also spec'd out my Witch Hunter Captain to absolutely brutalize monsters. Stack headshot damage with talents, tag the monster for extra damage and then hit your ult for guaranteed crits and watch as the rapier becomes a lightsaber.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9qHfIMRbH8

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Question about Zealot in VT2. It's a class where you want to keep your health as low as possible for the buffs. Someone said that Zealot using healing bandages on another player will clear the Zealot's own wound as well without healing them up.

Is this a Zealot exclusive ability?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Well that's super handy to keep the suicidal Zealot rolling.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

When your warhammer has morehammer

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NokIQhmWaOE

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxIJU7op9Dk

For anyone still playing VT2 they've got a new Karak Azgaraz mission and we're finally getting Sienna's fourth career. Looks to be a necromancer.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5ozcKqF4E8

I think I may need to buy Darktide soon. Why did nobody tell me that this theme is such a goddamn bop.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Bought and installed. Played through the prologue and I'm up to level 5 after a few missions.

Coming at this as someone who has played Vermintide since 2015 I've got some thoughts.

First, it is a drat pretty game, but character models for your reject seem a bit blurry. Might be a DLSS thing but some of the hair options look bugged like the hair textures aren't loading properly. Aside from that, I kinda love how the character creator does not allow you to play Barbie dress up and instead gives you options on how to make the most insane looking nutter in this subsector. Everyone is scarred, tatted up and fervently religious.

First character I've rolled is a Zealot with a Scottish accent screaming bloody murder. It's like the loving Elf decided she wanted to be Saltzpyre for a day.

I think the character creator is a double edged sword. On the one hand I'm very impressed at the level of detail it gives you for your character background and having three different voices and attitudes is a lot of well appreciated work. On the other hand none of the characters are as distinct or fleshed out as the Ubersreik Five or Four because of this. The depersonalization works thematically for 40K but it does limit how much I care for the rejects.

Some of the side characters are fun. Hadron and the psycho German face sculptor are memorable. Others not as much, see above about depersonalized 40k expendable.

Onto gameplay, the guns are very fun. The shotgun in particular I gently caress with. It just deletes specials. Melee combat doesn't seem quite as polished as Vermintide 2 but it's still fun and I probably need to unlock more weapons so I can see how the chain weapons work. The nurgle cultists are a straight improvement over the Rotbloods from VT2 who lacked personality compared to the Skaven. These Nurgle dudes love to scream and the variety of gooey slimy boys is nice. Special enemies really need to have better audio call outs, however.

Map design feels more nonlinear than VT2 for better and worse. It means a lot more running around lost or other players doing similar. They look really cool, but I'd like some better guideposts. The missions themselves could also stand to have a bit more narrative meat to them, I haven't really gotten a sense of urgency in the missions besides "cleanse heretics" and "gather data". I know they're meant to be done on repeat but the VT2 missions had so much stuff going on in them outside of gameplay, and each mission built up to the endgame of each act.

Narrative wise the cutscenes are fun but my character might as well be a silent protagonist for how much she talks in them and I feel like I'm gonna exhaust these little vignettes before very long.

Cosmetics looks like it's gonna be lovely. Ingsme premium currencies are a cancer and I'd rather just buy something outright than buy a currency pack that forces me to overspend just so I can get the jpg I want.

How does the armoury work? Theres the regular armpury and Brunt's collection and I don't know what the difference is.

Game fun, will kill more nurgle cultists before too long.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Also they turned Olesya into a medicae station servitor that witch would be furious.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I am now level 12. I am in love with the Eviscerator chainsword and horribly disappointed in the purgation flamer.

I now look like a 7 foot tall angry Scottish Joan of Arc.

Bardin Goriksen has transformed into Melk, Olesya and Lohner are medicae servitors and I'm not entirely sure if Kruber transformed into Sgt Maj Morrow or if it's someone doing a very similar voice.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Question: does the Xbox gamepass playerbase overlap with the Steam playerbase ir would my Xbox buddy not be able to play with me?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Evil Kit posted:

Crossplay is fully enabled. Xbox, PC Gamepass and Steam players all can play together.

Sweetness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I mean can't you plug a keyboard into an Xbox for games that support its input?