Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

The main problem is there's no waymark for the Torch when it's on the ground and so you can easily get it lost somewhere and have people not know where it spawns to pick it back up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Yeah honestly I have no idea why they went from a static group to a make your own character thing that I don't think anyone was ever clamoring for at all. You got customization in the form of cosmetics and that was enough it felt.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

They're called humanity actually.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

VT1 has Kruber mention a conspiracy of the emperor spending money on fancy hats instead of magic swords. You can't argue against this.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

By the way Vermintide 2 is now only 6 USD now until November 20th and all the level dlc is pretty drat cheap alao.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Gods don't give a poo poo about being in the strict religious order, just how driven of a believer they are and Saltzpyre is nothing but that.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Zealot better have a subjob that just goes full Slayer.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

We need CSM so we can have ogryns show them who the real big boys are.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Giant Bardin is real and my friend.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

You should just be able to test vendor items on the enemies before buying it.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Vets are encouraged to stick to ranged despite this very much still beint a game about melee with half the classes basically being melee focused meaning you'll have plenty of friendly fire from bad pubs.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

There's no reason you shouldn't be able to compare weapons of the same make to see stat bar differences if you're gonna make the system like this.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

The worst thing about bars is that they're entirely bullshit that only works for comparing with the same exact weapon rather than being some universal values between melee and ranged weapons.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Turns out Ogryn laugh off the health reduction from grims even when stacking, it's very funny

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Psykers are the worst cause of frame issues if they set a whole horde on fire it's pretty hilarious.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Throw a grenade during a higher difficulty horde and kill poo poo, hope you have an ogryn with twin stubbers.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Anyone running darktide with a rx 66xx card that can share performance? Getting one of them for new card and wondering which option will be better on a 1440p display.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

gently caress buying Nvidia's overpriced poo poo, AMD is the far better option at this current point in time especially with the 7000 series eventually coming out and hopefully leading to price drops on the already reasonably priced 60xx line.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

DeathSandwich posted:

4 ogryns continue to be meta. We did a 4* ammo raid last night and did the meme cheevo where nobody left cohesion and did it first try.

The hilarity of 4 dumb oafs coordinating their movements (and those of their ogryn characters) to a meticulous degree was absolutely hilarious, especially when the beast of Nurgle showed up towards the end.

It was the most tactical group of Ogryn to ever exist in the history of the Imperium.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

It's clear stuff was designed around the idea of customizing your weapon w sights or flashlight and then they removed it and didn't change anything else. Headhunter guns would be way more useful/fun if they had anything but the shittiest iron scopes available.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Game needs to outright tell you that the shield needs to be hit in melee and that ranged/psy damage does poo poo to it outright, that or just make the shield outright reflect bullets so people realize not to waste ammo shooting it at this point. Had a game of 4 psykers, with me the only person getting into melee w the rest impotently trying to burst the boss while the mob kills everyone.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Guns are scarier then melee, this game isn't vermintide where you can kite everything.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

The boss seems to also do the explosion when the shield is almost up which is why you should always have a medipack down around where everyone is dogpiling him to just heal up the damage.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Plasma and Bolter are just really drat fun and satisfying. I love the XII don't get me wrong but the awkwardness and trade offs for the aftermentioned guns make them very fun, helps they're really effective at deleting elites/ogryns too

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Dogs are also possible to push while dodging even if it's kidna weird on the timing and varies on weapon for how easy it is.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I'd be much more interested in a bunch of the guns in particular being much more usable esp in vet at this point but also others. All the actual bullet weapons besides the broken autopistol/braced autogun being pointless makes me upset when they have pretty good feel and sound design with them.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Four ogryns throwing the pig skin at a monster gibbing it.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

At this point there's more than enough different ways to play each class to have a bunch of replayability just in that aspect even if you aren't interested in chasing high intensity damnation.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

While it isn't optimal to magdump bolter rounds into crowds of poxwalkers, it is extremely satisfying and I will do it every time.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Heresy is when the game gets serious with how ranged enemies go from "annoyances you can mostly ignore" to "blasting you and taking out all your toughness and now health from having being taught to ignore them in previous difficulties". Also maulers/crushers end up being far more dangerous due to health and damage they inflict.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

"I'm not going to awaken the daemonhost I'm not are you crazy. Okay fine just this one time"

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

DT doesn't have Stormvermin marching and singing a marching chant making it the inferior product to VT.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

VT2 is great and going back makes me miss the Ubersreik 5 and all the dialogue they have compared to the convict dialogue in Darktide. Also the handcrafted levels are way better.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Yeah those were also pretty fun, as well as the Last Stand modes for those that got released later on.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Right but in darktide they don't feel like a connected world due to being designed via multiple blocks stitched together whose orientation can vary on the mission, rather than distinct locales for each mission in the earlier games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

megane posted:

(banging on table) Give me my power fist fatshark

I want dual weapons and a 2h weapon for Ogryn dangit. Give me a big piece of rebar w a chunk of ConRockrete.