Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Goal this year is to get my brokerage account to have more money than my Roth IRA. As of today ~$18K to go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Dik Hz posted:

I mean, there's two ways to accomplish this.

Get a $20k bonus and then chip away? Might work.

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

spwrozek posted:

Goal this year is to get my brokerage account to have more money than my Roth IRA. As of today ~$18K to go

So i now have more money in my brokerage but not all invested yet. I have about $16k to go that will be DCAed over the next 5-6 months. Just have to stick to the plan.

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

spwrozek posted:

I didn't really make a lot of goals this year, just plodding along I suppose.

Brokerage is $48,635 more than the Roth IRA as of today.

Overall liquid-ish worth (cash, 401k, ira, hsa, brokerage, etc) is up $164K. A lot is from the market but ultimately I just keep buying. I have an outsized goal of $1M in these accounts by 40 years old (2 years and 4 months to go). This seems...unlikely without some large bonuses. I have also realized that it is ok to spend a little more to do stuff and enjoy life. I just got a random bonus and my partner was like so you are just going to buy VTSAX aren't you?.... I might spend $1000 on myself though.