Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
(I think) first time posting in one of these :kiddo:

Financial

-Stay employed at same position or at least maintain a comparable salary at another position so that I won't need to make any major lifestyle changes.

-Pass the 4 CPA Exam sections by the end of the year

-Move emergency savings from garbage rear end Chase to any HYSA. Also not necessarily a goal yet but probably change my bank Chase to somewhere (anywhere) else.

-Deposit at least $1,200 into HSA.

-Continue to max out 401k contributions

-Sell off stocks in brokerage account and establish a Roth IRA with the funds

-Either get a killer offer to keep or cancel my Amex Platinum when it renews in August

Personal

-Workout at least twice a week with weights

-(Weather permitting) do some form of walking at least 30 minutes once a week

-Visit goon friends in Portland sometime in the Spring

-Go to Las Vegas with aforementioned goon friends in the fall for either a big fight event or F1

-Continue daily fantasy sports and sports betting as a hobby but-barring special circumstance or promotion-not play more than $10 at a time

-Declutter my lifestyle by selling off Magic: The Gathering collection, selling (or giving away) spare electronics/computer parts as well as giving away clothes I don't wear/no longer fit me anymore.

-Pursuant to the above set budgets for clothing and hobbies. I didn't this year and I just ended up wasting too much.

-Keep some sort of paper journal and try to update it at least twice weekly

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Dec 31, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Forgot about this guy. Time to a double update I guess

The SituAsian posted:

Financial

-Stay employed at same position or at least maintain a comparable salary at another position so that I won't need to make any major lifestyle changes. - So far so good I suppose

-Pass the 4 CPA Exam sections by the end of the year - Starting on 4/29, behind on studying though unfortunately

-Move emergency savings from garbage rear end Chase to any HYSA. Also not necessarily a goal yet but probably change my bank Chase to somewhere (anywhere) else. - Moved 6 months of emergency fund to Amex so done there. Sticking with Chase for the rest out of inertia and lack of real alternatives I guess.

-Deposit at least $1,200 into HSA. Actually just passed this today. Between regular paycheck/employer contribution I'll probably end up hitting $2,000 total

-Continue to max out 401k contributions - So far so good

-Sell off stocks in brokerage account and establish a Roth IRA with the funds - Not sure if I want to do this anymore actually; re-evaluating

-Either get a killer offer to keep or cancel my Amex Platinum when it renews in August - I feel like the benefits have gotten even worse so there's probably nothing that can make me keep it now but I'll see as it gets closer

Personal

-Workout at least twice a week with weights Not even close. But at least I lifted twice this week

-(Weather permitting) do some form of walking at least 30 minutes once a week Weather is getting better around Chicago but so far no dice

-Visit goon friends in Portland sometime in the Spring Buddy of mine is getting married this summer down in South Padre so that might turn into this. Maybe I'll be able to do both though

-Go to Las Vegas with aforementioned goon friends in the fall for either a big fight event or F1 - Just kinda clicked that F1 will probably be incredibly expensive so maybe choose something else

-Continue daily fantasy sports and sports betting as a hobby but-barring special circumstance or promotion-not play more than $10 at a time - Have played a bit more than this a few times. Sometimes it works (Damian Lillard winning the 3 point contest), sometimes it doesn't (Eagles Super Bowl moneyline). Point is I'm still having fun with it and it's not causing any issues so so far so good.

-Declutter my lifestyle by selling off Magic: The Gathering collection, selling (or giving away) spare electronics/computer parts as well as giving away clothes I don't wear/no longer fit me anymore. - Did manage to catalogue most card with some value though I probably want to pull the trigger on this sooner rather than later as long as Wizards/Hasbro insists on killing the game. Also gave away an old laptop to my dad.

-Pursuant to the above set budgets for clothing and hobbies. I didn't this year and I just ended up wasting too much. Haven't really spent much honestly though I probably should give this more thought.

-Keep some sort of paper journal and try to update it at least twice weekly - Nothing yet but going to be ending therapy soon (mutual decision) so this will probably be needed soon

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

Turbinosamente posted:

Slightly off topic but how exactly are they killing the game, is it the too many expansions complaint I've been hearing about recently? I was on the fence about playing MTG Arena instead of Pokemon Live as I recall MTG being more fun to play when I had the cardboard. To wrap it back to something closer to on topic (since we both have decluttering goals) I've got a spreadsheet open that I'm about to prioritize my video games with and both TCG clients are being counted as games on the sheet. Already doing such with my art and craft project ideas really helped me figure out what to do next, and more importantly which projects to drop as they weren't brilliant ideas at a second glance. I'm hoping the same will be true after I do the video games, especially with the dropping of games that didn't click with me. I don't have time to play all this poo poo anymore.

In hindsight that might not really be a fair statement because at this point I haven't played in years am only a peripheral observer to the goings on of the game-mainly due to how I worry it might affect my collection's value or if I'm bored on Twitch and pull up a livestream-but the biggest issues just seem to be creep in terms of product. Releasing too many sets too often like you mentioned but also just too much product and a lot of it geared towards big spenders than the average casual player. I know they've started to go outside of the established multiverse and begun adding products with different IP (e.g. Warhammer, D&D, the Tolkien-verse) as well.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
I keep forgetting about this. At least my (tri) monthly updates brings decent news (in some areas)

The SituAsian posted:

Financial

-Stay employed at same position or at least maintain a comparable salary at another position so that I won't need to make any major lifestyle changes. Still chugging along

-Pass the 4 CPA Exam sections by the end of the year Oh boy - well I'm scheduled to take 2 sections by the end of the month and I am not at all prepared for Financial Reporting on the 23rd and there's no way I'll get there unless I quit my job. At this point I think I'll just cut my losses and try to just focus on Business Concepts which I'm taking on 6/30

- Move emergency savings from garbage rear end Chase to any HYSA. Also not necessarily a goal yet but probably change my bank Chase to somewhere (anywhere) else. - Done long ago. Still maintaining the savings account at Chase as a way to park short term money

-Deposit at least $1,200 into HSA. - Actually already overshot this by about 350. New goal.

-Continue to max out 401k contributions - Still going, but just for clarity's sake this 5% so I hit the max to my employer's match.

-Sell off stocks in brokerage account and establish a Roth IRA with the funds Just sold these but I'm pretty sure I'm just going to put (at least some) of the proceeds into a standard IRA

-Either get a killer offer to keep or cancel my Amex Platinum when it renews in August Will have to see what happens. This is probably my lowest priority though.

Personal

-Workout at least twice a week with weights Have been kinda killing this one tbh, going 3 times most weeks up to even 4 sometimes.

-(Weather permitting) do some form of walking at least 30 minutes once a week Cardio kills gains

-Visit goon friends in Portland sometime in the Spring Didn't materialze unfortunately

-Go to Las Vegas with aforementioned goon friends in the fall for either a big fight event or F1 Booked travel to see Errol Spence vs Terence Crawford on July 29th along with (at least) 2 others in that group. Going to be nuts because I was actually attending a friend's wedding reception on South Padre Island the day before so travel is insanely tight but I've been waiting for both events for years so I will make it work.

-Continue daily fantasy sports and sports betting as a hobby but-barring special circumstance or promotion-not play more than $10 at a time Ok I guess

-Declutter my lifestyle by selling off Magic: The Gathering collection, selling (or giving away) spare electronics/computer parts as well as giving away clothes I don't wear/no longer fit me anymore. Managed to sell off the Magic collection earlier this month

-Pursuant to the above set budgets for clothing and hobbies. I didn't this year and I just ended up wasting too much. Another rough one. So I've been going crazy on designer sneakers in particular but spent way too much on most categories of clothing imaginable. Trying to not spend anything until after the Vegas trip is done and paid for.

-Keep some sort of paper journal and try to update it at least twice weekly I'm writing something most days, and it's been pretty helpful so far. Started seeing someone for individual counseling about the same price as I was paying for Betterhelp who -and maybe this is placebo effect but I think it meets my needs WAY more than a 30 minute "how was your week" every 10 days.

I will add a couple new goals as well.

Financial - develop a reliable additional source of income that can grow as effort/time allows that pays more than jamming MTurk surveys
Financial - Contribute 2400 to HSA

Edit: Removed unnecessary details about the counselor whom I am working with.

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jun 1, 2023