Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

5MinuteButtermilk
Mar 5, 2014
I'll be exiting the job rotation program I'm in in June, so I'll be starting a new job and possibly moving this year. I think the best way to approach setting financial goals will be before/after the end of the program:

Before Exiting:
1. Save 200/month for potential moving expenses.
2. Save additional 200/month for emergency savings. Goal emergency savings balance: $10.5K. Currently at $3.1k.
2. Continue saving 10% of income for retirement.
3. Refine budget to make sure that large recurring expenses (bulk cat food, car maintenance, ect) are being properly covered.
4. Get better at sticking to budget overall.
5. Stretch Goal: negotiate for relocation benefits if I take a job that I have to move for.

After Exiting:
1. If I do move, try and find a place with cheaper rent (this one is pretty area dependent).
2. Redirect 200/month moving cost savings into HYSA.
3. Increase emergency fund savings as much as feasible.

General Goals:
1. Reduce how much takeout I order by at least 1/2.
2. Try for at least 60 minutes of cardio exercise each week.
3. Try for at least 30 minutes of resistance/strength exercise each week.
4. Plant some native plants-- potted or in-ground, whatever is feasible depending on where I'm living.
5. Finish 4 cross-stitch projects.
6. Practice pattern creation. Learn to integrate pixel art techniques into patterns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU