Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Current State
- My student loans: 170k, currently 0% interest, no payments until Summer 2023
- Mortgage on 30 year fixed at 2.875%

Financial Goals for 2023
- Max out Backdoor Roth IRAs for me/wife
- Max both of our Mega Backdoor Roths
- Put 10k/month in to taxable
- Put 3k/month in to savings
- Fund Baby Evil's 529 with an extra $20k
- Increase net worth to the next million
- Figure out what to do with student loans this summer

Residency Evil fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Dec 28, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
March Update

Current State

Financial Goals for 2023
- Max out Backdoor Roth IRAs for me/wife Done
- Max both of our 401ks/Mega Backdoor Roths On track
- Put 10k/month in to taxable Still putting in 15k/month. Should be easier to keep it high later in the year.
- Put 3k/month in to savings On track
- Fund Baby Evil's 529 with an extra $20k Waiting for the tax refund
- Increase net worth to the next million Have been flirting with this over the past few weeks. We've been above/below. :toot:
- Figure out what to do with student loans this summer Angrily hoping I never have to pay these back.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
June Update

Current State

Financial Goals for 2023
- Max both of our 401ks/Mega Backdoor Roths 401ks done, Mega Backdoors on track. :toot:
- Put 10k/month in to taxable Put in 15k/month from January - June, but will likely have to stop this until the end of the year to pay off student loans.
- Put 3k/month in to savings On track
- Fund Baby Evil's 529 with an extra $20k On track.
- Increase net worth to the next million Done! :toot:
- Figure out what to do with student loans this summer Looks like I have to pay these back. Even though I work for a non-profit organization, and I'm at 108/120 PSLF payments, my job technically doesn't qualify, so I'm stuck.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
September Update

Current State
- My student loans: 173k, currently 0% interest, no payments until Summer 2023 Now at 6.8%, 57k left :suicide:

Financial Goals for 2023
- Max both of our 401ks/Mega Backdoor Roths 401ks done, Mega Backdoors done this month/next month. :toot:
- Put 10k/month in to taxable Put in 15k/month from January - June, but now using that money to pay back student loans. :suicide:
- Put 3k/month in to savings On hold with student loan payback
- Figure out what to do with student loans this summer I'm at 108/120 PSLF payments, but my current job technically doesn't qualify, so I'm stuck. :suicide: Sent off $116k at the end of August. Remaining 57k will be paid off by the end of the year.

:suicide:

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Thanksgiving Week Update

Current State
- My student loans: 173k, currently 0% interest, no payments until Summer 2023 Paid off

Financial Goals for 2023
- Max both of our 401ks/Mega Backdoor Roths Done
- Put 10k/month in to taxable Put in 15k/month from January - June. Now that loans are paid off, can go back to this.
- Put 3k/month in to savings On hold with student loan payback, will resume
- Figure out what to do with student loans this summer I'm at 108/120 PSLF payments, but my current job technically doesn't qualify, so I'm stuck. Sent off $116k at the end of August. Remaining 57k will be paid off by the end of the year. Loans are paid off.