Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
Happy New Year all, lets hope this year is more profitable than last. Most of my goals this year are rolled from last year just because I managed to complete the grand total of 1 goal (short term savings) last year...

Doccykins posted:

Here we go for end of year:

Financial Goals for 2022

- Increase Pension Pot from £105k to £130k - Super Failed, got to treading water with it, still hovering around £105k
- Increase ISA from £13k to £18k - Dead in the water, I had too much bond allocation here and they've eaten poo poo all year with interest hikes and the Truss/Kwarteng catastrophe - actual loss down to £10k
- Increase Short Term Savings from £2400 to £5000 (if not cleaned out with personal goal) - Complete
- Increase Net Worth from £141k to £170k - Final tally was £142k, +0.4%
- Remortgage in December at end of 2 year fix, probably to a 5 year fix - Completes on 3rd January after the fixed term penalty expires tomorrow

Personal Goals for 2022

- Mount Bedroom TV and Bathroom Mirror - Complete
- Redecorate curtains and blinds for Kitchen | Living Room | Front Bedroom | Back Bedroom | Office - Completed half, have finally decided on the fabric for the living room, just the front bedroom to redo
- Redecorate living room floor - Not complete
- Buy new Office Chair (rolled over from 2021) - Not Complete
- Buy new Fridge/Freezer | Washing Machine for kitchen (this is more of a stretch goal as the current ones work but aren't particularly good) - Not Complete
- Buy new (used) car with Short Term Savings in Q3 or Q4 - Not Complete, the old one is still ticking over though so that's a plus
- Run and/or cycle at least twice a week - Super Failed
- Take a two week holiday in Q2 or Q3 and delete my work email app from my phone - this worked really well for the Christmas/New Year period to decompress (though I'm not logging in until tomorrow to see what kind of a disaster my inbox is) - Complete, and starting a new role for 2023 so inbox will start at 0
- Take one hour a day off screen at lunch when working - Kind of worked since getting the piano, using lunch to do some practice, but other times I still worked through

Financial Goals for 2023

- Increase Pension Pot from £105k to £130k
- Increase ISA from £10k to £15k
- Increase Short Term Savings from £5000 to £7500 (if not cleaned out with personal goal)
- Increase Net Worth from £142k to £170k

Personal Goals for 2023

- Complete Curtain/Blind refurb on living room and front bedroom
- Sort out skiing for early March
- Buy new Office Chair (rolled over from 2021)
- Buy new Fridge/Freezer | Washing Machine for kitchen (this is more of a stretch goal as the current ones work but aren't particularly good)
- Run and/or cycle at least twice a week - added for this year is to get in on the ground floor of my work's cycle to work scheme to force this a bit
- Take a two week holiday in Q2 or Q3 and delete my work email app from my phone
- Take one hour a day off screen at lunch when working
- Find a piano teacher and clear Grade 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Doccykins posted:

Happy New Year all, lets hope this year is more profitable than last. Most of my goals this year are rolled from last year just because I managed to complete the grand total of 1 goal (short term savings) last year...

Financial Goals for 2023

- Increase Short Term Savings from £5000 to £7500 (if not cleaned out with personal goal)

Personal Goals for 2023

- Buy new Fridge/Freezer | Washing Machine for kitchen (this is more of a stretch goal as the current ones work but aren't particularly good)
- Run and/or cycle at least twice a week - added for this year is to get in on the ground floor of my work's cycle to work scheme to force this a bit
- Take a two week holiday in Q2 or Q3 and delete my work email app from my phone

End of January

- Pension Pot £109k
- ISA £10k
- Short Term Savings £5200
- NW £146k

- Decided on fabric, just need to get the living room curtain made up
- Booked flights/accommodation/transfers
- DID NOT RUN. MORON.
- Playing a bit of piano during lunch hours, have got the major scales down and am starting plinky plonky pop chords (I can mangle Stay by Rihanna) - Not looked for a teacher yet

- One of the valves in the boiler popped during the coldest week in the last year because of course it did, Emergency fund to the rescue on that one. Also still need to bolster the back fence before the next heavy winds. Our neighbour is shaming us by getting hers done today.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
I've been really bad at updating this year but here's my end of Q1:

- Pension Pot £111k
- ISA £10.3k
- Short Term Savings £5600
- Net Worth £152k

- Just ordered the new fence posts to reinforce the back of the garden
- The car situation is pretty much resolved; my partner's mother is getting on and hasn't driven her car since pre-pandemic, so we've finally convinced her to add me to the insurance to drive it about instead of letting it rust on her driveway. Had to fix a few minor defects, jump the battery to fire it up and run it through an MOT but it potters about nice enough now to clear this long term goal without burning the best part of 5 grand
- Went skiing in the first weekend of March, had a great time and didn't break anything
- Need to get back into the habit of running again... Large F on that front
- Been playing around with the piano but if I'm going to improve I need to knuckle down on finding tuition - the car money will help go towards this

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
I seem to also be really bad at both achieving and updating my goals this year :(

- Pension Pot £112k
- ISA £10.6k
- Short Term Savings £5000 - I dipped into this to do some repairs on my partner's mum's car (as this is now pretty much a vehicle maintenance pot now) and got the fence at the back of the garden fixed like a real adult
- NW £150k

The only Personal Achievement I managed aside from working two weekends between the last two bank holiday straight was take some time off in lieu last week to go and watch the cricket at Lord's

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Doccykins posted:

Financial Goals for 2023

Personal Goals for 2023

Half Time Report

- Pension Pot £114k, just about on target
- ISA £10.5k, below target
- Short Term Savings £4.3k, on target with caveat
- Net Worth £154.5k, just below target

- Living Room done, just front bedroom curtains to replace now
- Skiing done
- No new office chair, but we did get some new furniture for the office including a sofabed arriving on Monday
- Old kit still there, still passable
- Really bad on the running front, need to reassess what is possible here (getting out and running you lazy git) - Am playing cricket again on Sundays now though so that is putting some miles in the legs
- No holiday booked in yet but assessing if we can get away for two weeks in September
- This has been good, been taking lunch and then practising a bit
- I can now Play Clocks By Coldplay (and a few other chord based/easy right hand pop) - so pretty much on the edge of requiring a teacher as per the piano thread's advice before I start getting into bad habits

Despite market conditions I think I've been doing ok in the last 6 months - Short Term Savings have been hit with use of my partner's mum's car and have set about fixing some of the issues with that (and fuelling/taxing/insuring/MOTing it) so all in all could be a lot worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
End of July

- Pension Pot £116k
- ISA £11k
- Short Term Savings £4.5k
- NW £158k

Work has been really full on recently but I did manage to go out for a run twice this month and cricket is definitely making me remember there are muscles in my legs still. Market has taken an upturn this month but think I'm going to have to reconsider goals next year to not be NW oriented as that figure is starting to fluctuate more from money out of my hands than in

I've booked in two weeks of leave this month so now just need to go and find somewhere to relax a bit!